+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: How active is the pvp now?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Rogue is already severely OP and can destroy 90% of FOTM specs with Assassin.
    I wonder if I can fit this in my sig....
    Last edited by Maltie; 03-18-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar (and Laethys)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Awww I might come visit soon. I think I have to reinstall everything.
    For us vets. Rift is more or less like an old dog. You grew up loving and playing with it everyday then suddenly you play with it less and less each day. You probably will still love it even though the immediate flaws it has.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-21-2017 at 03:08 AM.

Rift Disciple

Default don't blame the game

The game's fine, it's the players that aren't good. A game could be perfection, but if the players don't understand basic PvP game play, the game will suck for the players who do understand. This is the case for RIFT.

I've seen Trion dumb down the game from the time when it went to free-to-play. In the process of dumbing down, they pissed off the smarter players and made huge mistakes in the game. Basically, they are smart devs trying to be dumb enough for their customers.

Sorry, but there are two types of players: one that can afford a monthly fee and one that can't.
    I'll wager the person with the disposal income is a little smarter.

Soulwalker

Default Rift PVP is dead.

Vanilla Rift was sooo awesome. The game had so much potential, but the company is slowly killing its own game.

It started with the death of hybrid specs - there goes any creativity in creating your toons.

Then they went F2P. That really started killing it for me and my husband. It became totally pay-to-win. We were mid-level raiders and high level pvpers.It got really frustrating not to be able to keep up with other raiders with more cash.

Which leads me to my final point. They absolutely TANKED PVP in Rift. Rift was the first MMO my husband and I played, and PVP was one of our fav things to do. We absolutely LOVED Conquest. The epic pre-made zerg battles were an absolute BLAST!!! I remember the old PvP rifts, which were a TON of fun!!

We logged in for the first time in ages yesterday. They lured us in with that free expansion giveaway. We spoke to some guildies and found out PvP had been absolutely gutted. CQ and Port were completely deleted! We looked at each other and went: Welp, there goes any reason we had to ever log in again.

We've since been playing WoW's Legion expansion, which is grindy but fun. But what we really like is how great the PvP is in WoW. We're pvpers at heart, and we've gotten the clear message: Rift is not for us.

If I do log in again, it'll be to mess around in my Dimensions and catch up with guildies. I'll never understand why Trion is so intent on NOT listening to its player base. It doesn't seem like a very good business model. My husband and I were happy to pay a for a subscription for a game that isn't pay-to-win, which is why we'll most likely stick with WoW.

--Nyxungoliant/Erisnyx

The problem is Rifts leadership beeing casuals and not undetstanding that what keeps a mmo alive is the pvp,f the pvp sucks then the game dies,and so will rift die on the next year or so...hell the game dead already and this ppl still talk like nothing happening,in pvp i am getting 10m solo Qs so its pretty dead...as soon as a new none asian looking crap mmo comes arround i am out as well.
    Last edited by bollesti; 05-17-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try.

State of PVP:

Cross Events Chat PVP - 8/10 (10/10 during times that snugglepuss was on)
    Forum PVP - 4/10 (hard to pvp when most everyone agrees the game is in a horrific state)
    Warfront PVP - 2/10 (wrecking casuals for the hate tells afterwards still rewarding, even if game content isn't)
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

Soulwalker

Default active no balance

question is not about how active, i can get in easy.
    question is balance.
    1 team 3-4 healers, and team dominates.
    other team? full dps, wondering why they can make 0 kills, hold a point, or gain a flag.
    dps is great, but with 0 heals pointless.
    gear, should be a cap on dps, or a balance too it. dps should be equal on all gear.
    armor can remain what you have.
    those who have higher damage on armor values stay the same for the selected role, but overall dps is balanced.
    bringing in more skill, not pay too win.
    healers? 2 per team max, and 0 if the other team has 0 .
    this will take away the pre selected guild runs, who go in full healing tank mode.
    it would be a start too reparing the broken state of pvp.

everyone claims they make more money on dimensions than anywhere else, maybe someone should coincidence them to put pvp in the dimensions ...
    -> Morrewin@faeblight lvl67
    -> Anywho@faeblight lvl70
    -> Seagrams@hailol lvl65
    -> Chrisss@greybriar lvl69

Wow this thread made me really sad. I love how people seem to be 100% united about this and how content has actually been removed from the game and Trion does not make official comments on threads like this. I would hate to work for a company that forces gags on their staff hehe.

Not trying poke the bear or anything but I love to hear Trion chime in on this. I'm sure there is staff right now reading this wishing they could reply or do something about it but when your short staff and have direct orders I guess that is how management breaks games.

I enjoyed PvP a ton the big thing that got me into Rift back in the day was PvP. Sure it was unbalanced but so is PvP in most games. It was a lot of fun though.
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

Rift Disciple

I'm sure there is staff right now reading this wishing they could reply or do something about it
    I think not...

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    Wow this thread made me really sad.

Not trying poke the bear or anything but I love to hear Trion chime in on this. I'm sure there is staff right now reading this wishing they could reply or do something about it but when your short staff and have direct orders I guess that is how management breaks games.
    last i herd, there was a bug of some kind that prevented devs from posting in pvp ... (unless i read it wrong and it was some kind of joke, I'm a little slow sometimes with the pun, especially when my coffee level is low)
    -> Morrewin@faeblight lvl67
    -> Anywho@faeblight lvl70
    -> Seagrams@hailol lvl65
    -> Chrisss@greybriar lvl69

I'm still low level but I thought I update Sanctum Map for the future changes.

https://i.imgur.com/0xQgCz4.png
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2