+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Tanks in warfronts

Default Tanks in warfronts

With so many options on all the things we can do in game it's no surprise that spamming warfronts has become the only thing to fill the time between now and *hopefully* the release of the new raids.

If there is one thing that really drives me insane in a warfront it is the damned tanks...
    Now I can understand the benefits of having a tank in a warfront, having a player more difficult to kill and with versatile utilities such as crowd control and pulls etc.

Except they are not just "difficult" to kill but near impossible unless you have your entire team on one tank...it is just stupid and not in a good way.

Also on the topic of "stupid in warfronts" lets talk the mage firestorm. Now it's a great ability but surely there is a way to make it more fair for warfronts. Maybe have it so the damage taken from the ability does not cause an interrupt to capping/picking up stones etc. Because as it is, you can literally sit on the other side of the map safe from harm and run by every 30s to drop a firestorm on a control point or base flag before ducking off again....
    Firestorm is in essence just another tank in a warfront...

Void knight is stupid for the amount of pulls in a warfront....you want to have THAT many pulls/stuns etc you really need to give more breakfrees and abilities to counteract that...
    Cleric tanks are the other big baddie in warfronts now for the ridiculousness of fairy healer in particular in a warfront.
    It's stupid enough to have this unkillable troll in a tank spec in a warfront without having an invisible pocket healer that heals equal to some average healers in warfronts.....

TLDR: Tanks in warfronts are stupid - would actually be a welcome nerf!!
    Natarya@Deepwood, Nataya@Deepwood, Racheanna@Deepwood, Natanna@Deepwood, Natsanah@Laethys

i feel bad for trion on this particular issue because the TTK for regular dps classes is low.
    tank aren't impossible to killl tho they just slightly disproportionate in there ttk.
    and there is more pressing issues in pvp than tanks.
    However I do agree VK can be abused in pvp with /target etc

I'm not a fan of pulls in pvp I think they should be lessened distance made shorter in pvp.

Faerie healer is strong. its more of an issue for certain specs like inquisitor which becomes and unstoppable ranged juggernaut with it and ofc tank specs.

sadly faerie healer will get nerfed and it may screw up a great melee spec the shaman.

I guess we will see it doesn't seem to be an easy issue to address. either nerfing invidual tank specs in pvp messing with ttk and healing.

one things for sure a bigger issue is ranged damage in general it's ridiculous.
    the primalist and warlock is much bigger more annoying issue to deal with.

I like tanks in pvp. They force you to be aware of your surroundings. If you get too close to the edge at Dex or in Library, you might get pulled out of the battle. If you're attacking the tank instead of their teammates, you're just hurting your team.

What I don't like about tanks is the self healing. I think tanks should be harder to kill while sacrificing damage, but I don't think they should be able to keep themselves alive. I think any more than like 2 dps in, say 20s, is too strong without a healer.
    R.I.P.

Legendary Firestorm just needs to disappear completely from the game, for both PvP and PvE.

Fairy healer really needs it's heal to go from 12% to 3%, in both PvP and PvE.

A 61 Void Knight about all they are is a nuisance now. Other than the pulls and the debilitates, their ability to survive is nothing compared to the other tanks. In PvP, I do agree that the range should be shortened (max ~20 meter range). With the 25% dmg reduction to Warrior Tank's non-tank abilities already in place for 4.1, all they'll become is a complete nuisance.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Tanks are fine thx.

Nerf firestorm thx.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Telaran

op, the only reason they tank is to ruffle your jimmies.

have fun with it, cc them, purge them etc.

personally i like tanks, they are great dot/hot anchors.

Cleric tanks are easy to deal with if the team or one person knows what cc is, they have two break frees so yeah, other then that they just sit there and spin and soak dmg.

Void knight is stupiiiiiiiiiid, especially in library. Literally getting teleported, not pulled, teleported through the FLOOR or WALLS. If it was a pull, it wouldnt be possible.

Primalist tank is very survivable with their CDs and speed, but 1 fast moving person is all you need to stop them, or simply a snare and pull.

Why people havent made mage dom firestorm tanks is obvious, you are more broken and an annoyance playing ele or fk.

Why there are no rouge tank sabs, idk.

But ya, firestorm is worse then any tank.

Plane Walker

Tanks are effective yea but how they are effective. Most people playing tank not even doing their job right. I have to say Sorry is the only player I respect as tank in this game atm, he is active on the map and does his job good. Then there is other tanks that are just plain ****** please delete rift.

It's not PvP when you are vs 4 tanks and healer with 1/2 dps... I have been in a few wfs where there have been multiple tank for no reason. 1 tank that does his job and the other so called tank switch to heal/ dps?
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    Fairy healer really needs it's heal to go from 12% to 3%, in both PvP and PvE.
    There's already a whole thread about this so I'll keep this short, but... People drastically overrate FH. With the TTK in Rift, a 3% fairy healer would heal you what, 5k during a fight? Maybe 10k against someone dealing low DPS?

So you spend a legendary point to have 5k or 10k more effective health in a fight? Does this seem legendary to you?

Compare this to other offspecs legendaries that give you +15/20/25% damage and stuff like that... If you kill a 240k hp character with a +20% damage ability, and it's like your ability took down 40k off his health ( because by the time you'd deal 200k without the +20% he's now dead ). In practice it's even more than that because your target is healed so if you need to deal say 480k to kill it, it's like your +20% took off 80k of his pool.

So a legendary strips 40k+ health off your target, and FH gives you 5k/10k? Basically no one will ever use it again.

Well, no one beside tanks. Which is stupid because tanks are the only specs where FH is REALLY strong, because they stay alive long enough to make it heal for a ton.

If a DPS is using FH and you kill him in a reasonable time, FH will not even have healed enough to make it on par with the damage legendaries. At 1/4 of its effectiveness, it's not worth 1 legendary point unless you're a tank and don't care about your dps.

I hate tanks in wf.. But learned to live with it. I just use them to get my builder, buffs and procs up to go after other, less trolly targets.

Build a wall around tanks....with the bittersweet tears of triggered PvP'ers.

Don't waste your time on them. If they cap and you're on your own go get another objective or help your team.
    Azzteck@Greybriar

The sad reality is, most people have no idea what actual balance is in pvp because actual balance for pvp in rift has been non-existent for years now.

The best you can do, is pick a class you like and hope it has one of the OP builds that isn't nerfed.

Thread after thread people just accept it as is, because that's how it is.

Tanks are out of control, but few people play them so it's "balanced" according to the rift pvpers lol.

Fairy healer is a very OP legendary, but because clerics aren't the top dps atm, it's "balanced" lol

It's very sad, the way pvp is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Did you see any cleric in that pic?
    How come not if get got the op faeri?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    Fairy healer is a very OP legendary, but because clerics aren't the top dps atm, it's "balanced" lol
    Care to estimate, how many legendaries are equal or better than Fairy Healer according to you?

I'm fairly confident that's at least around half of them ( for the souls people play anyway ).
    They're kinda, you know. Legendary.

If you think FH is like the best legendary in the game or something I don't know wth you're smoking.

why dont you tell us what zero point legendary is better than fairy healer for pvp.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    why dont you tell us what zero point legendary is better than fairy healer for pvp.
    While I do agree FH is very strong, I'd hazard a guess that Leg Galvanic strike in Arbiter (+25% damage) would be better, if it actually works as intended, which I'm not too sure about.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast