+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Tanks in warfronts

Shadowlander

Default Tanks in pvp are cancer.

Tanks are being super heavily abused these days, cleric tanks and primalist are immortal. They can hinder objectives, take on 5 -6 normal dpsers, heal as much as healers, all while being about to spam aoe's and stop objectives. This is unbalanced, and it gets worse. Some tanks are immortal, and can pull/teleport you in raids, then CC lock you, and before you can get rescued or breakfree, you're dead. Tanks are rumored to also be getting buffed, to make them even more broken in pvp. They are ruining it, and it's getting to quite a few of us. Tanking seems to take no skill, effort or anything and is single handedly breaking the game more then any other class, or type of character. Trion will likely take months to fix this though, so brace yourself, its now tank vs tank in pvp.. May the best tank win.

Tanks are annoying in pvp there is no doubt about it. I don't tank in pvp personally but all of us really have to get used to it and think about what makes them effective- or better yet how you as a player can make them ineffective or useless for the the opposite side.

The problem comes with alot of people not knowing how to deal with them, and some options were already given to you over and over in previous posts here. Stun's, Debilitates, Purges etc. chain that on the tanks and even better --------> Use HEALING REDUCTION DEBUFFS if you want them to die fast.

Another option is IGNORE them lol- if you aren't smart enough to use any of the above... Tanks-they don't do dmg... go get another point or help your team somewhere else. A lot of people have no clue how to tell who is healing or tanking on the other side, or just a bunch of bad players with weak dps beating on a tank for a half hour instead of smartening up. This comes down to people being bad and not knowing the basics of pvp.

If a tank gets you to waste your time- and you are unable to get the point or kill them they automatically win and do what they are sopposed to. They are a distraction more than anything alot of the time even in deathmatch style situation. Too many times a wf starts and a tank charges at the opposite team while ALL of their dps burns all cooldowns on him - FAIL
    Last edited by MakeClericsGreatAgain; 03-07-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    why dont you tell us what zero point legendary is better than fairy healer for pvp.
    I already hinted at it in my other post. To name just those, the +15%/+20%/+25% damage buffs. All way better than FH.

You disagree?

WTB Legendary Rime and Legendary Draining Bolt that bypass healing reduction.
    Arbiters are under represented in PvP right now.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

I like how unbiased this thread is. My tank spec is more balanced than yours, let's nerf yours cuz i think yours is just stronger. Primalist tank is in no way op, and very much killable unlike VK, am i right?
    Also it's sad to see how kratos has managed to make a thread just by VK pulling people in glitched spots library.

Soulwalker

Default Tank's skill is to test your skill in dealing with the tank

Quote Originally Posted by Neiali View Post
    Tanking seems to take no skill
    It forces you to use your head instead of just blindly pushing your overpowered and broken damage and heal macros.

Quote Originally Posted by sakatagintoki View Post
    It forces you to use your head instead of just blindly pushing your overpowered and broken damage and heal macros.
    At least they have to push their overpowered macros.
    Last I check, Cleric tank can just stand still and still pump 8k HPS.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    At least they have to push their overpowered macros.
    Last I check, Cleric tank can just stand still and still pump 8k HPS.
    That is not how you deal with any tank especially a cleric tank. You can cap any node if you know how to play while the tank is spamming damaging ability to prevent from capping with more than just using CC. And the sad part is all 3 other classes I play have direct counters to cleric tanks where they can cap nodes with ease or cc.. actually warrior mage and rogue have at least 3 different ways that involve pulling and pushing the cleric tank out of the area he is in and actually stopping it from performing any abilities through debilitates, stuns and rooting them out of range. Other than just walking up to the stone and capping it while being immune to damage. HINT.

Cleric tank is practically useless without FH. VK is actually better than Cleric tank because they can abuse summoning through floors and walls and /tar. Once they kill FH you won't see clerics much any more unless they like being treated like dirt from massive class imbalances and flaws and the inability for the devs to even make a remake that has pvp viability on par with the other classes. In fact I would say the remake of Druid and Runeshaper and Defiler was intended to cripple the class in PvP while the other remakes and new souls enjoyed being OP. You never hear anyone complain about those souls.. Just the last bit of hope left in the class is to abuse a spec that is highly countered but plays against newbies who only main spec 1 role for PvP 99% of the time.

The latest changes on PTS put the cleric that was doing the worse dps in PvP even lower than they are now and almost erases their disconnect potential because of the LBOJ nerf. Good Job Trion.. Thanks for making shaman do less damage in melee than even a shock pulse spamming Riftblade. This balance is a load of ... all around. They need to majorly revamp cleric.. Seriously every class dev should be working directly on trying to revamp cleric. Storm Legion revamp of Cleric left the class OP in only 1 thing and that was healing. Over time the other classes got better at it in PvP. They never fixed clerics dps souls. They need a revamp of cleric like when they went from 51 to 61 points in class and they had the chance to move abilities around in the talent tree to allow synergy.

That and get rid of all the 1 button burst specs. Also, give Inquisitor a 1 min burst instead of 2 mins like mostly every other class has. And intermittent at 30 secs. Its quite obvious that during the same time period of play cleric has the least amount of on demand damage and it can be interrupted as well since its a channel. It is beyond bad right now for them with everyone else running around with ez IWIN specs.. Well that is how I see it at this point. Cleric has been pretty much bad in PvP in terms of DPS and healing ever since MoM was released. That is a long time. And it wasn't even inquisitor that was OP. It was Shaman before everyone realized that if a glass cannon like shaman can get kills so can they and then derpy warriors started using paragon and exploding people from range with grasping and using rift burst through shock pulse etc.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-08-2017 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sakatagintoki View Post
    Ah, yea. Guarding a flag in Blighted or a point and using some damaging ability requires atleast an IQ of 150 min!! :O Please tanks of the world unite and teach poor healers and dpsers how to use their brain :/
    Can I have a tank mentor plz?:O

Quote Originally Posted by Luella View Post
    Yes Kohai, I will be back soon and teach you the way of DPS tank.

Btw how is PvP now?

Champion

There's a difference between tanks in PVE and tanks in PVP. In PVE the number of tanks (and other roles) is limited to ensure a certain ratio in the roles. In PVP, this is left to the team's own imagination. That's the cause of the irritation of course, not the fact that people play tank in WF's. Imaging doing a dungeon with 4 tanks and a healer! If there's a maximum of 1 tank per X combatants there would be no problem. This has happened to other roles as wel. I remember a time when each warfront had at least 5 physicians. It was ridiculous, nobody died.

The problem with nerfing Fairy Healer is that it would probably only increase the number of Cleric tanks in PVP. Without the current FH, DPS Cleric builds will become so weak that there'll be no other option then to stack it with other self healing abilities like Salvation. Better to just play and troll, then to hang around soul walking 99% of the time spent in the Warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Care to estimate, how many legendaries are equal or better than Fairy Healer according to you?

I'm fairly confident that's at least around half of them ( for the souls people play anyway ).
    They're kinda, you know. Legendary.

If you think FH is like the best legendary in the game or something I don't know wth you're smoking.
    As far as 0 point legendaries go, for both pvp and pve, fairy healer is #1. No other 0 point legendary gives that much free surivability for doing nothing. It's passive, it's always on, and the amount of times I've finished a fight with 5k-10k hp, but had 2-3 enemy dots on me, so within the next 6-12 secs I'm back up to 25%-50%+ hp because of those dots is absolutely invaluable.

I've won 2v1's and 3v1's solely because fairy healer kept me alive. Literally, if you took FH out of the equation, I would have lost those battles. That's it. Tell me what other 0 point legendary has that big an impact on fights.

No other 0 point legendary can even compete with FH I'm afraid, so give me some of what you're smoking to be in such denial about such a clearly unbalanced legendary.

Furthermore, FH goes with every spec. You can take it as a healer spec, a tank spec, or a dps spec. It still performs the same. It doesn't suddenly heal less just because you're not dps, it's all based on your max HP. So again, what other 0 point legendary has that much flexibility, while still retaining that much power.

This is crazy how pvpers STILL defend broken crap like this. I mean seriously crunch the numbers here. In 12 seconds fairy heals for 48% max hp.

What other 0 point legendary boasts such power in pvp.
    Last edited by Orochan; 03-09-2017 at 03:15 AM.

Soulwalker

Default You keep missing the point just like you keep hitting the tank

Quote Originally Posted by Luella View Post
    Ah, yea. Guarding a flag in Blighted or a point and using some damaging ability requires atleast an IQ of 150 min!! :O Please tanks of the world unite and teach poor healers and dpsers how to use their brain :/
    Tank is a test of your IQ to deal with it. The IQ of tank is not in question here. I hope you got it now.

It's funny how people always say "without FH any DPS Cleric would be so squishy that it's not viable anymore blablabla" - have you ever tried playing Assassin? If not you have no idea what squishyness is. just sayin'...
    Give Enduring Brew a 10 second cd, make it heal for triple the amount in pvp and make it reset the cd if critically hit, just like that selfheal from Harbinger!
    Or just put Slip Away on a 45seconds cd already as it should be.
    Or both. Do both, Trion.... please?
    Dethmetal@Gelidra
    Dethmagic@Gelidra
    Melee Nerd
    //Playing Blade & Soul atm//
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5yHWyzlA8E

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    It's funny how people always say "without FH any DPS Cleric would be so squishy that it's not viable anymore blablabla" - have you ever tried playing Assassin? If not you have no idea what squishyness is. just sayin'...
    Give Enduring Brew a 10 second cd, make it heal for triple the amount in pvp and make it reset the cd if critically hit, just like that selfheal from Harbinger!
    Or just put Slip Away on a 45seconds cd already as it should be.
    Or both. Do both, Trion.... please?
    I wouldn't bring Slip Away lower than 1:30. It's too strong to be only 45s. I definitely think either Enduring Brew or Leeching Poison should heal for more though.
    R.I.P.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast