+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 184
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Tanks in warfronts

  1. #151
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    If you put twice the amount of water with your can of frozen juice, you don't just remove 10% off of it and hope your juice isn't gonna taste like water. You remove half of it because you know you went way overboard with the water.

    Faerie Healer ignores the PvP healing, it's ~10x more effective than it is supposed to be in PvP.
    All the sorry excuses people are giving for defending it is completely irrelevant to the ability being ~10x more effective.
    You don't need to go 10% at a time when you already know it's 10 times above because it ignores the PvP reduction.

    You don't fix your juice by adding a second can of frozen juice to deal with having twice the amount of water.

    In before, people saying Faerie Healer is fine because Cleric suck.
    Regardless of MUH PVP REDUCTION RULES stuff, are you actually saying that if they made FH heals 90% less it would be fine/balanced?

    Even if you say that FH is too strong right now, I don't see how anyone could make a point of making a legendary skill healing you for a few hundreds HPS in a meta where just about all the viable specs sustain 20k-30k+ DPS with burst of 50k to 100k+ DPS.

    Spend a legendary point to lower the overall damage input from 100k to 99600? Seems a sound legendary point investment.

    I guess it would be useful against people dealing 2k DPS, given that it would block 20% of their damage, makes it on par with the legendary skills that increase your damage by 20%.

    a 10%-effective FH (following the pvp rules) would be OK if you fight level 55-60 players. Not excellent or anything. Just OK.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 03-22-2017 at 10:50 PM.

  2. #152
    Ascendant Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Regardless of MUH PVP REDUCTION RULES stuff, are you actually saying that if they made FH heals 90% less it would be fine/balanced?

    Even if you say that FH is too strong right now, I don't see how anyone could make a point of making a legendary skill healing you for a few hundreds HPS in a meta where just about all the viable specs sustain 20k-30k+ DPS with burst of 50k to 100k+ DPS.

    Spend a legendary point to lower the overall damage input from 100k to 99600? Seems a sound legendary point investment.

    I guess it would be useful against people dealing 2k DPS, given that it would block 20% of their damage, makes it on par with the legendary skills that increase your damage by 20%.

    a 10%-effective FH (following the pvp rules) would be OK if you fight level 55-60 players. Not excellent or anything. Just OK.
    It doesn't matter bro its not pvp reduced so its obviously a bug and needs to be fixed

    After they pvp reduce it they should increase the healing of faerie healer to 120% of max hp over 3s so it matches its current potency in pvp making it a non waste legendary. That wont be a balance issue in pve right? Who cares anyways, faerie healer is under pvp reductions!
    ~Xclusive
    ~The Cult x Coriolis x Ominous

  3. #153
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    As I said.

    "Faerie Healer is fine because Cleric suck"

    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  4. #154
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    As I said.

    "Faerie Healer is fine because Cleric suck"

    "a legendary skill that -fixed- would heal you for 600hps is fine and balanced with the other legendary skills that increase your DPS by 5k and your burst by 10k-20k dps".


    The only difference here is that this is what you ACTUALLY believe (given that you want Trion to just apply pvp restrictions to FH, which will make it heal for that little) and not some words we're putting in your mouth, like you're doing.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 03-23-2017 at 04:22 PM.

  5. #155
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Uberwald invented the Rift pvp tank, 5-6 years ago. Just a little history lesson....

  6. #156
    Rift Disciple Samuraii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    And then I'd just my Vapor Rush to close the distance on the mage, given they are insisting so much on running away.
    If they are going to use all their abilities, why shouldn't I do?
    Then you use rift tomb, and nuke him.
    Fighting a melee you should never stand still, no matter what other spells the melee have, standing still you would die.
    You get creative and start using your spells
    Last edited by Samuraii; 03-25-2017 at 06:51 PM.

  7. #157
    Rift Disciple Samuraii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    It's called Rift Tomb.
    Something about being clueless.
    Spelling error
    I dont main a mage, my mage is lvl 24, gonna lvl him up now a bit now that we got 50% bonus for xp.
    The fact that i know about other spells other than my class proves that i got a clue.

  8. #158
    Rift Disciple Samuraii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    not once have i said ele is terrible i do have a problem with you claiming abilties that are useless 95 percent of the the time as being useful to the level that you are claiming.
    Here is a quote from you earlier indirectly claiming it was terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    unless they get lucky you should win evertime, they have no cc, no interrupts no stun. ele pet also dies super fast and completely neuters the mage. minus 25 percent damage and 10 sp.
    Her is a quote from orochan:
    Quote Originally Posted by orochan
    The only reason ele's are even in discussion is because they are so overtuned for damage right now and can literally one shot people.

    Objectively ele's are a terrible pvp soul. No cc. No utility. No healing outside of their emergency one that sacrifices their pet, and horrible dps outside of their burst.
    Last edited by Samuraii; 03-25-2017 at 07:12 PM.

  9. #159
    Rift Disciple Samuraii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    If you put twice the amount of water with your can of frozen juice, you don't just remove 10% off of it and hope your juice isn't gonna taste like water. You remove half of it because you know you went way overboard with the water.
    If you got juice that taste like water, you pure in more juice, you keep puring in more and more juice until the taste of water dissapears.

    In clerics case, you pure in more juice into clerics and pure in more water in ele/pyro soul, then you start looking at the other small stuff.
    Last edited by Samuraii; 03-25-2017 at 07:33 PM.

  10. #160
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,625

    Default

    Most people I know that play cleric don't care if they suck in PvP and they don't care if their dps is bad in PvE either so why should Trion care. Most of the complainers over here were fine when cleric was pocket healing them in broken defiler and OP souls but now they have physician and mages healing them so they don't care about the state of the class. The funny thing is some of these players had bad things to say about mages and rogues at one point and they still managed to find players from those calling to pocket heal them lol.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-26-2017 at 10:18 PM.

  11. #161
    Shield of Telara Bishoujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    You dont use it on your enemy to prevent him from taking dmg, but to get distance from him, understand now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Then you use rift tomb, and nuke him.

    Maybe he could understand if you remembered your own posts and didnt go against them half the time

  12. #162
    Rift Disciple Samuraii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Maybe he could understand if you remembered your own posts and didnt go against them half the time
    Of course i remember my own post, it doesnt change the fact that rift tomb help you make distance.
    As i told you in my previuos post, you get creative with the spells you get, you use rift tomb, get distance by the time he is out of rift tomb you nuke him.

    Between you still havent replied to my post.

  13. #163
    Shield of Telara Bishoujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Then you use rift tomb, and nuke him.
    Fighting a melee you should never stand still, no matter what other spells the melee have, standing still you would die.
    You get creative and start using your spells
    you know, the melee gets creative too, and they know you might do anything you can and they might of have been prepared for it.

    in the scenario we just did,
    Rogue opens up from stealth -> you use your thunder thing, -> rogue uses leaping lunge before anything else, and this is when you use your Flicker for getting away, then the rogue uses their vapor rush. 4 seconds by now at most. still time is left on the knockback iCD, so your rift tomb wont work. even if the stun does work, it doesnt take a lot for them to break free.
    in which they still can kill you..
    Also let's not forget Sins have some nice crowd control abilities, and the hidden veil+ slip away combo to use when you knock them back.

    And then again, if you are going to change a bit in your 58 18 spec, maybe the Sin has modified their build to have Shadow Lash Legendary for the pull, in it? and when you can knock them back, they just pull you back to them,

    You are spilling Theories in here, Real fights are heck different than Theories... people can always do something you weren't ever expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Of course i remember my own post, it doesnt change the fact that rift tomb help you make distance.
    Rift tomb itself does make enough of a distance, you dont have much to run away on your own if you also want to be able to be in nuking range.

    And in your reply to me you hadn't said "run away a bit and nuke", you simply said "rift tomb and nuke", so it was only Natural for Snap to assume you dont know it make the enemy immune.
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 03-27-2017 at 01:53 AM.

  14. #164
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,837

    Default

    First of all, they could take Legendary Poison Malice and just keep it up for longer than the 15s. Second of all, everyone has at least two break frees, so they'll probably use it. With Shadeborn and BD offsouls, you can have 2 speed abilities, 2 charges, a pull, an interrupt. Or you could drop the pull from Shadeborn and grab Planar Strike and Shadow Shift. This would allow you to apply poisons from 20m range.
    Last edited by Kalindrya; 04-03-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    R.I.P.

  15. #165
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    First of all, they could take Legendary Poison Malice and just keep it up for longer than the 15s. Second of all, everyone has at least two break frees, so they'll probably use it. With Shadeborn and BD offsouls, you can have 2 speed abilities, 2 charges, a pull, an interrupt. Or you could drop the pull from Shadeborn and grab Planar Strike and Shadow Shift. This would allow you to apply poisons from 20m range.
    Where did you find that gem of a quote Artewig?

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii
    i doubt snap knows anything about the spell, judging by his post history
    Right.
    I'll think about that line next time I cancelbuff Rift Tomb.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts