+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Thread: Tanks in warfronts

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    Last time i PvP'd some time ago, there was this debuff that didnt let you kick/pull players after a kick or pull while it's up, in your scenario, by the time the rogue reaches you, your icy gale wont do anything to them if you cast it immediately, and if you want to wait for the debuff to go, you are long since dead.
    Unless if the assassin is a turtle speed one and you are a rabbit, as much as ranged folks know they should maje distance, melee peeps know it and know how to lessen their distance.
    You got a point, lets change the scenario.
    Assasin open on you, you use thunderblast, he uses his leaping lunge, you use flicker, by the time he reaches you, the icd for another knockback is up.

But to be honest, everything is bugged now, assasin stun, using break free wont help, its still bugged, anohter class than assasin would be better where you could demonstrate how icy gale could be useful

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    assasin stun, using break free wont help
    Which stun?
    R.I.P.

Look back in the thread and read.
    Every class is getting nerfed in pts, we are discussing live now.
    Stop trolling
    Discussing Live right now is a rather poor use of time since it's changing in a little over than a week.
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Discussing Live right now is a rather poor use of time since it's changing in a little over than a week.
    Why does it matter for you and maltie?

Me and sirdiggby having an argument whether ele is a terrible pvp soul or not on live.
    I know changes is coming, we are discussing live, we disagree and he is free to prove me wrong, i would like if he would prove me wrong, right now i dont think they are terrible, i think they are op, why am i not allowed to raise my opinion on live?

Which stun?
    I dont know wich stun tbh, i had one assasin stun me where i had both break free up. Used it and was still stunned.

Unless you play a rogue, and know for certan that, that isnt the case, i may be mistaken

I dont know wich stun tbh, i had one assasin stun me where i had both break free up. Used it and was still stunned.

Unless you play a rogue, and know for certan that, that isnt the case, i may be mistaken
    Yes, you are mistaken. The only rogue stun that currently isn't breakable is 30 points into Sab.
    Last edited by Artewig; 03-20-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    R.I.P.

Yes, you are mistaken. The only rogue stun that currently isn't breakable is 30 points into Sab.
    Then my scenario would work.
    Got a pm about another spell i forgot to mention, rift bomb, wich is a knockback, assuming icd is 8sec for knockbacks, icy gale would become useful

rift bomb
    It's called Rift Tomb.
    Something about being clueless.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

You got a point, lets change the scenario.
    Assasin open on you, you use thunderblast, he uses his leaping lunge, you use flicker, by the time he reaches you, the icd for another knockback is up.
    And then I'd just my Vapor Rush to close the distance on the mage, given they are insisting so much on running away.
    If they are going to use all their abilities, why shouldn't I do?

Why does it matter for you and maltie?

Me and sirdiggby having an argument whether ele is a terrible pvp soul or not on live.
    I know changes is coming, we are discussing live, we disagree and he is free to prove me wrong, i would like if he would prove me wrong, right now i dont think they are terrible, i think they are op, why am i not allowed to raise my opinion on live?
    not once have i said ele is terrible i do have a problem with you claiming abilties that are useless 95 percent of the the time as being useful to the level that you are claiming.

icy gale will not save you from a melee, unless you are fighting on the edge of something.

your words were that it would save you from melee because it would neuter their burst or something along those lines. this is factually false. knocking someone back 4m will not stop them from closing the gap. and most importantly it will not hurt their burst at all period unless maybe its perfectly timed for a shaman.

it will not stop an assasin it will not stop a riftblade a harb or shaman unless they are completly clueless about their class.

Aw how'd i miss this thread for so long? Oh yeah i was tanking pvps.

But really a good cleric tank(like me) on a completely clueless team up, against a good premade, can kind of even things up a bit.

I've run flags from the enemy base back to our base, kept a bunch of people off of capture points while the rest of my team does nothing, defended or capped in blighted with no help.

An OP survivable tank on the team compensates for being put up against PMs with ridiculously overpowered DPS with OP pocket FK heals just a tiny little bit.

And if you have a couple competent DPS, you can kill me as cleric tank. FKs are more of a problem to kill.

And whoever said "nerf fairy heals from 12% to 3% in PVP and PVE".

WHERE do you pull that magnitude of nerf from? Ive wondered why the nerfs in this game can never be like 10% at a time until its balanced.

Nope. Its like "x has been nerfed by 90% and is now useless... time to discard the entire spec and figure out what else is overpowered", rather than actually attempting to balance things for real.
    Doveblack@laethys(cleric) Blackdovey@laethys(rogue) Blackdovie@laethys(mage)

Guild: Doves

Quote Originally Posted by Doveblack View Post
    Ive wondered why the nerfs in this game can never be like 10% at a time until its balanced.
    If you put twice the amount of water with your can of frozen juice, you don't just remove 10% off of it and hope your juice isn't gonna taste like water. You remove half of it because you know you went way overboard with the water.

Faerie Healer ignores the PvP healing, it's ~10x more effective than it is supposed to be in PvP.
    All the sorry excuses people are giving for defending it is completely irrelevant to the ability being ~10x more effective.
    You don't need to go 10% at a time when you already know it's 10 times above because it ignores the PvP reduction.

You don't fix your juice by adding a second can of frozen juice to deal with having twice the amount of water.

In before, people saying Faerie Healer is fine because Cleric suck.
    Last edited by Snap; 03-22-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Faerie healer is fine because it doesn't help cleric from getting 1 shooted.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 03-22-2017 at 06:15 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~The Cult x Coriolis x Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    If you put twice the amount of water with your can of frozen juice, you don't just remove 10% off of it and hope your juice isn't gonna taste like water. You remove half of it because you know you went way overboard with the water.

Faerie Healer ignores the PvP healing, it's ~10x more effective than it is supposed to be in PvP.
    All the sorry excuses people are giving for defending it is completely irrelevant to the ability being ~10x more effective.
    You don't need to go 10% at a time when you already know it's 10 times above because it ignores the PvP reduction.

You don't fix your juice by adding a second can of frozen juice to deal with having twice the amount of water.

Terrible analogy. I only drink fresh juice.

But that begs the question of WHY its "10x overpowered" to begin with.

Personally, i dont think its overpowered, because even with it in cab, defiler or anything BUT tank, primalists and mages can twoshot me.

Nerf clerics into the ground some more? Its not like theyre not garbage as it is. Runeshaper or oracle added to builds are currently the only useful cleric specs for PVP, and right now mages and primalists need to be countered by something. Clerics other than tank have no survivability.

But if there are things that are 10x over or underpowered, why cant they make something within 1000% of being balanced?
    Last edited by Doveblack; 03-22-2017 at 09:51 PM.
    Doveblack@laethys(cleric) Blackdovey@laethys(rogue) Blackdovie@laethys(mage)

Guild: Doves

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post

The class developers of the time that made those reduction based their decision on how healing worked at that moment in Rift's history. They don't even exist at Trion anymore.. and the game is vastly different than what it was back then.

Also, they put more specific nerfs on classes like purifier heals/absorbs to further reduce it because they were not good enough reductions in their opinion so technically the developers never were true to these reductions. NEVER. It happened when they released Physician, and FK as well. The global reductions were not good enough.

The best way to do it is to scale individually each heal/absorb and apply a pvp reduction that will keep it relevant but not nueter it. In this case I feel they will eventually neuter it. Past history shows they don't do what they do with FK and Physician and elementalist and even Primalist where they dial it back over the coarse of a half a year and it still remains significantly OP. Do you realize how long Elementalist and FK have been OP and range sab hybrids?

They actually crush specs out of existence for Cleric. Legendary abilities become mostly useless and the nerfs are usually the heaviest swings to any calling. Defiler was useless throughout NT in PvP. So was Puri.. So was Justicar a worthless tank compared to the other tanks. Sentinel was not even competitive and warden was crippled for most of this expansion. Druid, Runeshaper were not given proper remakes that included PvP functionality. Defiler was killing itself in PvP even after the remake. So they had to wait for FH and AA legendaries to even function at what they think is an acceptable level.

What makes FH powerful is in tank specs.Period. It isn't getting the proper reduction from mein of leadership. FH in dps is punitive especially at the moment with how over tuned the other classes are. In most cases if your burst is up and theirs is down their is no way for cleric to compet or in most cases escape. They lack all these TTK increasing abilities other classes have had for YEARS. But because they were not in the form of heals everyone accepted it when it wasn't really fair to the clerics. Right now because they trade more than 15% of their damage for FH their threat toward healers and hybrid tanks or tanks specs drop significantly. And the LBOJ nerf just made them lose an enormous percentage of their disconnect damage. Next patch they will probably perform worse than they already do.

Eventually Cleric will have the most useless legendaries anyway as more and more people complain about them. Right now in next patch I don't even think they will have a competitive dps soul. In fact I would assume this will even increase as the other bugs with other classes start to show their teeth.. like if weapon dps bug if it isn't fixed or Trion accidentally makes OP procs for the those classes like what happened with rogue in NT where they had to nerf the procs of the greaters in PvP and completely shut down the procs on most of the raid relics weapons/trinkets.

If they have the audacity to scale back those heals they should consider scaling back the damage to self from defiler and in druid specs or not make them have the mana issues they still have. I think cleric is the only class left with major resource issues. Every other class mostly hasn't had any problem since pre NT with resource management. The amount of neglect of this calling gets more apparent as I play other classes. From soul talent placement, lack of utility to increase TTK, mechanics like % damage to self to deal damage or gain resources that are being amplified by outside interactions or simply don't belong in PvP etc. It is so much.

Justicar itself is actually the worse tank in PvP by design outside of a battle rez it offers nothing close to the other tanks. Never was their something as powerful as VK or Arb.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-22-2017 at 11:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast