+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 113
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: While waiting for 4.1...

  1. #16
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    rofl, he is not a healer!
    If you are talking about my 26k in the picture, I was a healer.
    The other clerics were all tanks.

    26k was also just the random parse I took after a warfront, here's another:
    While waiting for 4.1...-lel.png

    Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    To get the ability the Cleric has to nerf its own build with about 20k PVP DPS. The extra survivability comes at the costs of being utterly useless.

    How did you come up with this conclusion exactly?
    The vast majority of specs can't even reach 20k DPS single target, let alone AoE, in PvP.
    I fail to see how a 0 point ability requiring only 1 legendary point investment can make your character "utterly useless".
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  2. #17
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    If you are talking about my 26k in the picture, I was a healer.
    The other clerics were all tanks.

    26k was also just the random parse I took after a warfront, here's another:
    Attachment 30798



    How did you come up with this conclusion exactly?
    The vast majority of specs can't even reach 20k DPS single target, let alone AoE, in PvP.
    I fail to see how a 0 point ability requiring only 1 legendary point investment can make your character "utterly useless".
    Sorry my bad.
    Curious if you will share your ability breakdown.
    I have seen a few very funny healing parse from clerics, like 40% Marked by the Light, 40% Healing Farie and so on. This is looks nice but just padding. (I don't say you padding, just what I see from others)
    Last edited by Kokovap; 03-02-2017 at 02:47 AM.

  3. #18
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post

    How did you come up with this conclusion exactly?
    If I swap Druid with FH for Runecrafter then my DPS goes up like a ROCKET. My dps then almost matches that of the red and yellow names in my meter. But that also makes my build melt in the blink of an eye. So I take FH, sacrifice lots of DPS and just troll.


    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    The vast majority of specs can't even reach 20k DPS single target, let alone AoE, in PvP.
    That's not true and you know it.

  4. #19
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    Sorry my bad.
    Curious if you will share your ability breakdown.
    I have seen a few very funny healing parse from clerics, like 40% Marked by the Light, 40% Healing Farie and so on. This is looks nice but just padding. (I don't say you padding, just what I see form others)
    About 3-4k of it is Faerie healer.
    The rest is all Warden heals. Mostly Healing Flood and Bosun's Blessing with Soothing Stream and Healing Spray not too far behind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    If I swap Druid with FH for Runecrafter then my DPS goes up like a ROCKET. My dps then almost matches that of the red and yellow names in my meter. But that also makes my build melt in the blink of an eye. So I take FH, sacrifice lots of DPS and just troll.
    What is FH? And I suppose you mean Runeshaper?
    The only thing in Runeshaper is Inscribe Fate and it's only a 15% debuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    That's not true and you know it.
    Please show me parses that clearly show the vast majority of people beating 20k DPS in PvP.
    Last edited by Snap; 03-02-2017 at 02:44 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  5. #20
    Telaran NBliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    64

    Default

    The 70+k hps rogues can do is true
    And FK mages can do 30+k hps
    http://imgur.com/a/XHLpx
    Last edited by NBliss; 03-02-2017 at 05:45 AM.

  6. #21
    Shield of Telara Orochan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    If I swap Druid with FH for Runecrafter then my DPS goes up like a ROCKET.
    In your own words. That's not true and you know it.

    An inquisitor with fairy heal can still melt someone using an RC'd AI. And that's all that matters for dps in pvp. Please refrain from posting flat out false information in the future.

    Yes Runeshaper offers more dps on paper compared to druid, but the toughness you lose from FH is far from worth it. I've survived 3v1 scenarios solely because of fairy healer+JP

    Pro tip with fairy healer : dots are no longer dots on you, they're hots now, because each tick of a dot will proc fairy healer. I've been at 10% hp with a maelstrom or inq dot on me, only to jump up to 50%+ hp in the next few moments. #balanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Did you see any cleric in that pic?
    How come not if get got the op faeri?

  7. #22
    Champion of Telara Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Clerics getting fairy healer have their damage reduced by 15%, and they are by no means top dps in pvp anyways. RC > AI every 2min isn't an argument against our low interuptable, cleansable damage output

    And also, I can go on any 5 of the classes right now and do 20k+ dps. I've done 35k in ele, 28k in rb, 28k in aftershocker, 25k in marksman, and 20.5k in inq (in the full dps spec without fairy healer)

    Rift is not difficult. Killing clerics is not difficult. Interrupting is not difficult.

    And grabbing fairy healer as warden or any cleric healing spec reduces your healing by 20%, good clerics don't use it in their healing specs.
    ~Xclusive

  8. #23
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    good clerics don't use it in their healing specs.

    Feelsbadman

    I'll still argue that losing 100% healing from being dead is worse than losing 20% healing.
    Because, if you don't have Faerie Healer to keep you alive in this ****ty meta, you are dead.

    In any case, I'd still prefer Faerie Healer fixed so we could at the very least get rid of the Justicars abusing it.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  9. #24
    Champion of Telara Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post

    Feelsbadman

    I'll still argue that losing 100% healing from being dead is worse than losing 20% healing.
    Because, if you don't have Faerie Healer to keep you alive in this ****ty meta, you are dead.

    In any case, I'd still prefer Faerie Healer fixed so we could at the very least get rid of the Justicars abusing it.
    Faerie heals aren't bugged. If pvp healing reductions are applied to it, the heal would be substantially increased, but this was the happy medium for pve and pvp although the 25% pvp nerf coming was needed at the beginning of the expansion. And like I said in another post, the justicar ability mein of leadership should reduce all healing from other souls including faerie healer. That & the 25% nerf is the best way to "fix" faerie heals for now.

    If dps gets reduced by 50% in pvp, it'll need adjusting again, but making faerie heals obey healing reductions when its not designed to will obliterate the output making it a useless pick.
    ~Xclusive

  10. #25
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    In your own words. That's not true and you know it.
    An inquisitor with fairy heal can still melt someone using an RC'd AI. And that's all that matters for dps in pvp. Please refrain from posting flat out false information in the future.
    FH Tanks are more countered than Primailst and Mage hybrid Tanks because Clerics are susceptible to cc and have nowhere close to the amount of sheer utility access any of those tanks get. Those other TANKS can carry stones with speed talent boost as well which is so broken and is the most important part of winning a match. They can Rift Tomb/rift prison, silence and they have pulls on a lower timer.
    VK tanks can counter Cleric tanks with silence and refreshable summons(5 to 8 times a min vs once a min for cleric) by pulling them off the nodes they occupy. They can summon them far away and off locations, its stupid since in some cases it doesn't respect line of sight and summons through walls.

    RS/Phys is also a tough tank to kill and has all the blinks and get aways that cleric can only dream about having. They also can hybrid in to sab and get a pull in and unbreakable stun that can hit a whole party or more and for kicks can Rift Prison other cleric tanks.

    Point is there is plenty of counters for you to choose against CLERICS. THEY ARE THE MOST COUNTERED CLASS IN ALL OF RIFT and live or die off 1 or two abilities because of the massive neglect to build the class with PvP in mind. When they made RS and Druid they EVEN said they were focusing on getting them raid specific while we dealt with basic 1-2 button specs from Elementalist and Ranger/sab for long time. And ranger/sab still has the most broken ability in the game with diffuse, assassin with slip away, which is far more effective than a puny absorb shield that last 1 sec and JP which gets erased away in 2 secs. if you get focused etc. Nothing like that cleric gets.

    You may get your wish but you are just so lame if you can't find a perfect counter to them. PvP is not about dps, and healing. Tanks and support have playing options as well and to be honest it would have worked better if players actually looked at their team as incomplete without a tank just as much as it looks incomplete without heals. That should be the case. Once cleric gets all their nerfs in they will be just like they were for the last four months prior to SFP where even top guide makers all quit on providing the cleric support they needed.

    It was the same as last expansion with every dps soul going into Inquisitor because of how insane the dps loss was with going into any other soul.

    You don't have any real clue how broken classes are in general and asking for cleric to constantly be nerfed as its such a big priority. It really is MORE A LEARN TO PLAY ISSUE IF YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH CLERIC TANKS.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 03-02-2017 at 04:10 PM.

  11. #26
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,544

    Default

    The reason why you see cleric tanks more often is because of the class devs not being able to bring competitve dps and hps to the class in PvP through playstyle options. Their burst in one of their best PvP specs comes in every 2 mins. and that averages out to being the highest time to burst in the game in my opinion. Even if you consider those specs that are a roll of the dice like Elementalist they will burst more often during a match. I also do think most of you neglect your own tank options in PvP. You will be surprised how OP they all are. There is absolutely something I can complain about with all of the tanks dealing with how a working utility is providing OP synergy to their tank spec. Or some broken ability etc.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-02-2017 at 04:55 PM.

  12. #27
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,573

    Default

    Titan heals more then preserver.

  13. #28
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Someone mention runeshaper.. Hello

    http://i.imgur.com/doL7zXx.png

    Manage to screen shot this time becasue I messed up when people didn't believe 170k shock. Dunno if this high but my hp go pretty fast
    Last edited by Strikey; 03-02-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

  14. #29
    Champion of Telara Xclvsive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Strikey View Post
    Someone mention runeshaper.. Hello

    http://i.imgur.com/doL7zXx.png

    Manage to screen shot this time becasue I messed up when people didn't believe 170k shock. Dunno if this high but my hp go pretty fast
    It's nerfed on pts along with every other cleric spec.

    rip
    ~Xclusive

  15. #30
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    Faerie heals aren't bugged. If pvp healing reductions are applied to it, the heal would be substantially increased, but this was the happy medium for pve and pvp although the 25% pvp nerf coming was needed at the beginning of the expansion. And like I said in another post, the justicar ability mein of leadership should reduce all healing from other souls including faerie healer. That & the 25% nerf is the best way to "fix" faerie heals for now.

    If dps gets reduced by 50% in pvp, it'll need adjusting again, but making faerie heals obey healing reductions when its not designed to will obliterate the output making it a useless pick.
    I usually agree with you Xclusive but not on this.

    There is absolutely no excuses for an ability like Legendary Faerie Healer to have a free pass on PvP healing like that. Otherwise, other similar abilities/talents need a similar treatment. Why is Legendary Rime, Draining Bolt, Life Leech, Essence Strike, Glory of the Chosen, Contempt and every other similar ability/talent reduced in PvP but Legendary Faerie Healer gets to heal more than all of those abilities combined? It is absolutely not normal for this ability to be 30 to 40% of a Sentinel heals.

    This is the same debacle as Juridical Privilege.
    I'm all for buffing clerics viability, but having a Broken ability like Legendary Faerie Healer isn't the way to do it.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts