+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Possible PvP tournament hosted by Brasse/Keyens

Default Possible PvP tournament hosted by Brasse/Keyens

First off, just putting it out there, that it is POSSIBLE. Please read Brasse's direct quote :

We don't have anything specifically planned between now and the 29th, but Keyens and I are exploring the POSSIBILITY of hosting a PvP tournament that may be of some interest (we've never done one before, so give us some time to work out if we can even manage it).
    Taken from :

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5291891

Let's use this thread to be constructive, offer insight, and help Brasse and Keyens in any way they need it.

This is seriously something I've seen almost every pvper ask for, and now it might be our chance, IF we can show them we are willing to help.

My questions so far :

- What size? 3v3? 5v5? 1v1?

- Would any specific specs be banned? I can think of a few specs that are quite unkillable atm unless you have 5+ players focusing you, and I'm not talking about tank and healing specs.

- Would this pvp event be livestreamed?

- What can we do to help?
    Last edited by Orochan; 02-25-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Did you see any cleric in that pic?
    How come not if get got the op faeri?

The only thing I'd want to know is: Why do this tournament before the balance pass?
    Right now, I don't see how a PvP tournament could really be taken seriously with how the current meta goes.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    The only thing I'd want to know is: Why do this tournament before the balance pass?
    Right now, I don't see how a PvP tournament could really be taken seriously with how the current meta goes.
    Agreed. This is putting the cart before the horse.

The PvP tournament should be held AFTER the balancing to show off how well everything was balanced.
    ~ My YouTube Channel ~
    Smartyr@Seastone Dumbyr@Seastone Mylittlepwny@Seastone Normalized@Seastone Balanced@Seastone
    <The Cult>

Rift Chaser

Nice quote made me laugh
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzkiller View Post
    Agreed. This is putting the cart before the horse.

The PvP tournament should be held AFTER the balancing to show off how well everything was balanced.
    They could always just host it on the PTS. But I agree, hosting a tournament based on specs that everyone knows are about to change in combination with how unbalanced they are is rather pointless and ridiculous.

They should just sponsor a player to host a tournament on the PTS. I'd rather have a player organizing this than Trion to be honest.
    Last edited by Artewig; 02-25-2017 at 06:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trion Worlds
    Being at Trion means being open to giving and receiving honest feedback. It means playing the hell out of our own games. It means listening to and being a part of teams who are always inventing, refining, and making things as good as they can be. It means always getting better and having an eternal willingness to learn and evolve. It means being our own worst critics

Telaran

just NO.

pvp is far too broken.

the fact theyd even consider that just points out they have no idea whats going on with pvp.

Just Bring cq back fix her up, come on...also it will be hard to create such an event with the obvious reasons.

I think a world pvp event such as defiants vs guardians would be fun, however since everything is smooshed together like a pack of sardines I don't see how that would be possible, but I like the idea.. Also a guild vs guild would be hard since again the obvious.

I see the only thing worth working here and that would be an open world dungeon such as eq2 had and our teams battling each other off to get to the boss/bosses. But to be honest you would have to make the event for all servers as well. Major lag is a fun killer.

Another idea is to have actual arena teams however have it in a place that has objectives not just facerolling one another. I see this as a hard concept to be honest because the game has much work to be done still. I think Brasse(bless you) was/is being idealistic and that's cool but lets focus where focus is needed which is something that will help our toons once 4.1 hits.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

http://otherworlds.us/

Plane Walker

Thumbs up I love the tournament idea

I don't understand all the hate. People are whining about new content on this forum all the time. Well, PVP is always new and different. No pre-programmed mobs, or boring bosses that do the same thing over and over again until the end of time, but actual people doing their best to snuff you. Knock yourself out with all the unexpected content.

With this tournament the devs are trying out something they have never done before. A very welcome NEW initiative imho. But with all this childish whining going on they'll probably won't repeat it or just won't even try it out anymore. They have more patience then me, that's for sure.

And broken? Schmoken! The PVP playing field is always level, as anybody can use the same "broken" specs as the others are using.

If possible, all these cringy whine-threads on this forum are actually hurting the game many times more then any lack of content, fixes or delays. If potential new players come here and see this, they will think twice about starting this game.

Sorry, not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post

If possible, all these cringy whine-threads on this forum are actually hurting the game many times more then any lack of content, fixes or delays. If potential new players come here and see this, they will think twice about starting this game.

Sorry, not sorry.
    yeah its totally the players fault for the state of the game. im sure when you go to a restaurant and the food and service is terrible you also blame yourself.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    yeah its totally the players fault for the state of the game. im sure when you go to a restaurant and the food and service is terrible you also blame yourself.
    I guess Xlavius would first swallow all the terrible food, and then blame the guy from the next table who stands up and calls out the restaurant for being horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    [...]
    I also like the tournament idea, but I don't find the timeframe they mentioned to be very appropriate is all.

A PvP tournament is a good opportunity for them to see what goes on in the PvP scene, so they would best benefit from doing it after the balance pass or they will have the wrong idea of what PvP will be in 4.1.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Telaran

ok how about this, dont call it a tourney, call it a "showcase" so that trion can actually see whats going on with pvp firsthand.

Plane Touched

If 3vs3 2 elementalists and 1 frostkeeper
    if 5vs5 3 elementalists and 2 frostkeepers

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by beyondcaring View Post
    ok how about this, dont call it a tourney, call it a "showcase" so that trion can actually see whats going on with pvp firsthand.
    Why not have the PvP tournament after 4.1 when it can serve as a "showcase" that celebrates how well everything was balanced in 4.1?

You don't need a PvP tournament to see firsthand how unbalanced PvP currently is. You only need to watch an 8 second video (or play a WF):

Quote Originally Posted by Kokovap View Post
    If 3vs3 2 elementalists and 1 frostkeeper
    if 5vs5 3 elementalists and 2 frostkeepers
    >< A PvP tournament before 4.1 would be a wasted opportunity.
    ~ My YouTube Channel ~
    Smartyr@Seastone Dumbyr@Seastone Mylittlepwny@Seastone Normalized@Seastone Balanced@Seastone
    <The Cult>

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzkiller View Post
    Why not have the PvP tournament after 4.1 when it can serve as a "showcase" that celebrates how well everything was balanced in 4.1?

You don't need a PvP tournament to see firsthand how unbalanced PvP currently is. You only need to watch an 8 second video (or play a WF):

>< A PvP tournament before 4.1 would be a wasted opportunity.
    Hahahahahaha

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast