+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Why didn't anyone tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    So... Firstly the two asians at the top have a full P2W T15 fragment set.

Secondly every other prima who got that KB streak was in a PM doing either of two things or both:

Stacking scald with other primalists for focus fire and 30-90% damage boosts due to bugs.
    Having a FOTM pocket healer so they dont die (obviously)

Myself is included in the above.

We do not do that without pocket healers and staying alive. Read the primalist soul tree before talking **** about it m8. Oh no, Aftershock hit for 80-100k!!! NERF AFTERSHOCK!!! Lol no, you have no idea why things hit hard and what makes things hit hard. Learn to play.
    Well i to was a NERF PRIME kind of guy until Munch took the time to show me what was really about amd it s very proc dependent and the chance to proc and them crit are not very good so that shut m up .

Primalist is proof that people just see big numbers and then in turn respond back with "nerf that class because it hits too hard" without ever doing any research beyond that.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Default Lock is 2 buttons since legendary

We dont even need much else anymore, no more 15 sec dot storing for target switching. All inside 1 channel now.

And yes it is fun.having 6 dots critting for 9k plus each, I remembet sculti doing 40k in Frozen Tempest at the 2nd boss shorty after this sl warlock buff. It is deadly like these good shadow priests in woltk, and now all u need are munchs 2 macros.

I m with my prima with kill streak this week in scoreboard, yeah it was with a pm.

But look close some arent even lvl 70 yet so...

honestly primalist sits in a very good spot atm, especially hybrids shine raw (18mael21derw 1 button spam+L. scald / NO aftershock at all hint hint).

Still there are other bugs long reported and not yet fixed which puts mages in front of primas, see prima forums.

I love to play with both classes and I have to say I loved mages the most ever since I joined rift.

But atm I just can enjoy both classes. This is certain kinda content to me due to its diversity in playstyles in wfs. PVE without 20 raid member limit isnt a diffficult thing either, but I ll happily tag for these Fortress sieges with 2 or 3 chars now before I enter a wf.

If any stuff drops in these raids which will be good for pvp as well I ll farm lfr as well. These 40 bucks were well spent in my opinion.
    Orgonebuster Funkadelicc Highplanedrifter Lisalovelace Tastygroove

Hellokitty@Deepwood

-Altoholic atm-

Prophet of Telara

Lol dots macro
    #show Empowered Darkness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Empowered Darkness
    cast Conflux
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast Void Barrage

Radiate death

Spam macro
    #show Consuming Agony
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Sacrifice Life: Damage
    cast Ethereal Blast
    cast Neddra's Torture
    cast Consuming Agony
    cast Death's Door
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Void Bolt
    cast Galvanic Strike

Press 3 buttons, run away, sustain 40k dps in a warfront, repeat. Hard game brah.
    Those macros are terrible. You should never macro conflux, death's door, galvanic and many others.

So you only apply dots every 20 secs ? What if your target is cleansed or uses panacea ?

Did you do 40k dps over a whole WF or you only saw another lock doing that and assumed that he used only 3 buttons like you do ?
    Last edited by Lokken`; 01-14-2017 at 03:10 AM.
    Lokken - 65 lvl r100 Mage
    Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    Those macros are terrible. You should never macro conflux, death's door, galvanic and many others.

So you only apply dots every 20 secs ? What if your target is cleansed or uses panacea ?

Did you do 40k dps over a whole WF or you only saw another lock doing that and assumed that he used only 3 buttons like you do ?
    lol pretty much this, what the frack are you doing when cds are down? you dont apply dots at all?

also i see zent solo alot and the dude is still racking up the kbs not really seeing anyone get as many kbs except for an inquis now and then.

i mean people talk about build up but ele is the same that big hit only comes every 30 secs and you need 1min cds to be able to do those close to one shots, and you allso need it to proc as well, alot of the times its nothign special.

Ascendant

So... Firstly the two asians at the top have a full P2W T15 fragment set.

Secondly every other prima who got that KB streak was in a PM doing either of two things or both:

So basically every single one of the primalist (9 out of 20 in the top KBs) was geared up the *** with a premade and 7 pocket healers.

While mages are all in level 60 greens solo queuing on teams with 0 heals?

There isn't one mage in the top 20, and freaking half of the top are primalists.

People ALWAYS play FotM.
    If warlock/ele was so strong as you seem to think it is "1111111 kill entire team, 33333spread kill entire team" people would gear the **** out of them, run them in premade and have pocket heals.

I'm not saying they're not strong, obviously. But coming from a primalist... I'm pretty sure the top 10 performances I've seen in wfs in 4.0 were ALL primalist.

You can talk all you want about hindrance and downtimes and **** but when I see (was it Zonna? don't remember) getting 41 kills in a Codex game, I guess he forgot to have downtimes in this one?

Warlock will do an horseload of damage ( exactly what they should do, they're a dot class with AoE) so it shows big numbers on the scoreboard, but they don't score nearly as many kills as primalists.

Lock shines in teams with no/low heals. Add heals on BOTH teams, and I'd rather have a primalist destroying people left and right and scoring killing blows by the dozens, than having a lock spreading dots that are little more than fluff damage when there's 3 rogue heals and ****.

And that's jsut talking group fight. There's a lot of 1v1, 2v2, etc..
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 01-14-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    So basically every single one of the primalist (9 out of 20 in the top KBs) was geared up the *** with a premade and 7 pocket healers.

While mages are all in level 60 greens solo queuing on teams with 0 heals?

There isn't one mage in the top 20, and freaking half of the top are primalists.

People ALWAYS play FotM.
    If warlock/ele was so strong as you seem to think it is "1111111 kill entire team, 33333spread kill entire team" people would gear the **** out of them, run them in premade and have pocket heals.
    Nah, only two Primalists have a full Level 15 Fragment set so the gear and stat difference between them and everyone else is insane, which is why they destroy.

The rest who got to the top like that stacked scald for bugged damage boosts which is going to be fixed.

The only reason mages haven't got the top "Performance" is due to the fact that they wittle people down, then primalists just come along and finish the job. If there was no one doing the random 30k hit to finish the job, the locks would be smothered in KB's, but afterall, it's group content.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    You can talk all you want about hindrance and downtimes and **** but when I see (was it Zonna? don't remember) getting 41 kills in a Codex game, I guess he forgot to have downtimes in this one?

Warlock will do an horseload of damage ( exactly what they should do, they're a dot class with AoE) so it shows big numbers on the scoreboard, but they don't score nearly as many kills as primalists.

Lock shines in teams with no/low heals. Add heals on BOTH teams, and I'd rather have a primalist destroying people left and right and scoring killing blows by the dozens, than having a lock spreading dots that are little more than fluff damage when there's 3 rogue heals and ****.

And that's jsut talking group fight. There's a lot of 1v1, 2v2, etc..
    I'll just explain how primalists works a lil. You have a 1 minute CD, which lasts 1 minute, it increases the range of all your abilities to 35m and reduces all of your cast times to zero. And obviously it has a 100% uptime if you don't die.

So if you use this, then die 10 seconds after, you are useless for 50 seconds until it comes back up, and i mean that, you literally cant do a thing unless you want to melee, and even then you'll be at maybe 30% dps.

After the above, you have to crit 6 times to reach full DPS potential within a 15s window, if you don't crit within a 15s window (which happens very frequently), you lose 90% damage and 15% Crit and you also are not able to use Aftershock in the first place, because in order to cast the spell, you need to get stacks of something, and the way you get those stacks is you crit.

After the above, when you're at full damage, you'll be doing around 18k-20k dps, if you've survived this long, crit 6 times, haven't died and have your 1min CD up, so to do this it usually takes 15-20s to get there. So if you jump on a primalist fresh out of combat, he is going to die, there is no way he's going to kill you (And I mean if he has no buffs up).

After the above, the only reason you see massive hits, is because of Singed Spirit in Maelstrom, which again, on a critical hit, you have a 30% chance, on you know, a critical hit which is a 20-30% chance, per 35s to proc Singed Spirit which makes all your damage Ethereal for the next 8s with a 35s ICD, and this is 100% uncontrollable and is random, which is why sometimes you see 90k-100k hits and this is just wrong. Singed Spirit should be disabled in PVP.

But then what happens when you do that? Primalists need to ramp up 20s and get lucky with crits to do any damage in the first place to get to max dps, then they need to not die because then they lose all the buffs and the wind serpent, on top of this they already take 20% more damage then everyone, and we'll be running around trying to kill people but just get rekt, every single time. It's all about the singed spirit.

Meanwhile ele can just look at someone, literally press elemental burst and 1 shot them from 100% and theres nothing you can do about it, you cant even see it coming.

Hopefully this is some insight on how the spec actually works: TLDR, if you are struggling from primalists killing blows, rather then warlocks holding the team down, well, just kill the primalist, don't let them get to full DPS, don't let them get their buffs, and kill them so that they have to sit there and do nothing until their 1 minute CD comes up, watch them pop the 1 minute CD, then just nuke them with AI or Elemental burst lol.

How to deal with primalists 101.
    Last edited by Marana tha; 01-19-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Meanwhile ele can just look at someone, literally press elemental burst and 1 shot them from 100% and theres nothing you can do about it, you cant even see it coming.
    hyperbole much? its literally impossible to one shot someone with elemental burst alone

go ahead show me footage of you killing someone with elemental burst alone and no other single buff and i will give you 1k plat.

Plane Walker

Lots of hyperdotal Anecperbole from all sides!

I think theyre all about Equal really.
    Kb's dont tell the whole story, some classes have lots of fast damage that they can use to finish off low hp enemies.. I see many players waiting, doing nothing, until the target is low then they attack and get the kb. They are playing for kb's because thats the player metric by which we are judged and it makes them feel good. Fair enough, if a little selfish.

Perhaps we need to stop seeing kb's and high numbers as an indication of a 'good' player. Sadly its all weve got really, as the game doesnt really reward or highlight any other contribution.

I know im a broken record on this, but historically it was rogues>All.. Now everyone has a piece of the pie, there are so many ways to shine, you can all be a beautiful flower in the garden of rift. (My meds are kicking in)
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

Ok so this is for all the complaints about Warlocks and Primalists.

Warlocks - Lets look at why they are strong in pvp but not overpowered, The issue comes down to what kind of healers are used most of the time in pvp - which have exclusively been ST healers for the most part until Tacticians came into play (And ST healers will struggle vs Warlocks). Aoe healers are rarely used because of how weak they feel and how bad they are with countering single target damage BUT- they will counter a Warlock with ease unless you are extremely bad at pvp. Anyone cleansing warlock dots constantly will also be able to reduce warlock dmg or counter them completely. So as strong as you may think they are- there are ways to beat them.

before I move onto Primalists I know peoples natural reaction is you defend their own class but that's not why I'm writing this - I definitely think Elemental Burst is broken beyond belief to be able to one shot people (yes I'm asking to have my own class nerfed in pvp) even tho it has a good chance to do nothing and be a dud of a spell.

Primalists - Simply broken and overtuned in pvp - there is absolutely no excuse any soul should be hitting for 100k + (I have even seen very good players in almost all pvp gear getting hit for 130k's) There is no winning against that and no amount of healing will save you against that. Its not a one v one in wf's you are taking dmg from many other sources and no one should be able to spike that hard of a burst. However you chose to explain you achieve that dmg, it is pulled off with ease by many primalists - and they are exclusively at the top of dmg done most of the time in a lot of the matches.

There is no counter to that amount of dmg- healers simply cannot heal that Primalist burst + whatever aoe or cleave other peoples dmg you take. There is a reason why Primalists are popping up left and right and why you win teamfights and objectives most of the time by having them on your side. Id rather they balance them out for a more steady flow of dmg so at least there is a counter to that... not just sitting there guessing what happened to your hp bar and why no heals could even react to it in time.

And this is to answer people saying stupid things like - Oh well they are in a PM getting pocket healed that's how they achieve the numbers and so and so..- There are lots of amazing players out there in pm's getting pocket heals. They do not achieve the same success or results primalists do.
    Last edited by MakeClericsGreatAgain; 01-15-2017 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeClericsGreatAgain View Post

Primalists - Simply broken and overtuned in pvp - there is absolutely no excuse any soul should be hitting for 100k + (I have even seen very good players in almost all pvp gear getting hit for 130k's) There is no winning against that and no amount of healing will save you against that. Its not a one v one in wf's you are taking dmg from many other sources and no one should be able to spike that hard of a burst. [COLOR="lime"]
    Completely agree. All i'm saying is don't nerf something that doesn't need to be nerfed, nerf the correct that provides these results.

Prophet of Telara

Warlock, 3333333333333 SPREAD 11 11 1 11111 1 11 1 11 1 run 11111 1 111 1lmfao dots killed entire team 1111111 1 1 1 111 1 3 33 3 33 3 3 3 33 SPREAD 1 11 1 1 1 11 1 11111 run 11111111 80% dmg reduction, mass fear, 11 11 1 11, lmfao dots killed entire team.
    Warlock vs a raid with 5 healers.

http://imgur.com/a/RLgq1
    Lokken - 65 lvl r100 Mage
    Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/

Yepp : ) lots of dmg being spread out and yet no kills, no killing blows. Warlock countered by aoe heals and cleansing.

Shadowlander

Omg, so nice screenshot... only i can see how whole your team did only 1 kill? that must be called - Even OP broken specs cant handle enemy raid solo, when you have useless team.
    Stop this crap pls, fluff damage, yeah. if your dots bein cleansed like crazy, how did you do damage of 3 enemy top dps combined? problem with current mage's fotm specs is amount of that free "fluff" damage, 11k dps from legend fire storm usin 1 ablity each 30 sec while have crazy nuke on low cd and full mobilty? warlock spread love to them all crap while have 80%hp burst? when there is 5 mages you feel it like 7 players, cause of that passive aoe crap.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fastapoke View Post
    Omg, so nice screenshot... only i can see how whole your team did only 1 kill? that must be called - Even OP broken specs cant handle enemy raid solo, when you have useless team.
    Stop this crap pls, fluff damage, yeah. if your dots bein cleansed like crazy, how did you do damage of 3 enemy top dps combined? problem with current mage's fotm specs is amount of that free "fluff" damage, 11k dps from legend fire storm usin 1 ablity each 30 sec while have crazy nuke on low cd and full mobilty? warlock spread love to them all crap while have 80%hp burst? when there is 5 mages you feel it like 7 players, cause of that passive aoe crap.
    How about you get out of red!
    Primalist has a pull on a ranged spec! They pull back, stun and nuke. This is deadly except for a frostkeeper.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast