+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Change the WF system

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    You know what we call people who have fun online at others' expense? TROLLS.
    like top players in bis spec and gear not willing to do objectives cause they want to top kb charts and are caped on favor.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Default PVP Guides

Written Guides- Part II

Sakr's "A PvPer's Guide" - the most up-to-date, per Klutch817
    Last edited by Dizbo; 01-14-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    2. It's true! Stop telling people how to have fun in RIFT! All you can do is offer suggestions, links, guides, etc. =)
    But it's a group activity with a challenge. You want to win and for that people are expected to do their part.

If I get into a raid or dungeon and I refuse to do something that is needed - or at least would help - my team kill a boss, and then we fail to do it, they will kick me out of the group to replace me with a player who is willing to do what is needed to achieve the goal.

They won't "let me play how I want and let me have fun doing whatever". They'll either get me to change what I'm doing wrong, or they'll let in someone who will do it right.

There are MANY things that are forced upon us in PVP (see : My thread about people queueing with zero piece of gear ) that we can't do anything about, yet in PVE would be utterly unacceptable and NO ONE would just "deal with it and let them play however they want".

Because sometime "however they want" does not cut it. So they get rid of him in PVE, and in PVP... they endure him because we can't deal with it in any way at all.

There are things that are hard to deal with as a dev, not sure how you can fix everything, but some things like queueing with no gear, that's an easy fix.

Same thing with people afk'ing.

The ignore system mentioned in the OP would be perfect for that.
    I, too, wouldn't mind waiting a few more seconds to avoid a few undesirable/toxic players on my team.

You can't fix "bad"... I never get on someone's case becasue he's not pulling enough DPS/heals, if the effort is there. But when the effort isn't even there (afk'ing, giving up, not caring about the objectives, playing a bad spec, attacking the wrong targets, etc, "I do what I want!" kind of stuff )... This is frustrating.

Hell, in PVE even "bad" is a good enough reason to kick people out of a team.
    I don't even mind "bad", I only mind "not trying".

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrine View Post
    If you wanted to be less squishy you'd take Druid for an offsoul.
    #JustFairyHealerThings
    Just a quick update, changed spec to 3 druid, 61 sent and 12 warden, its helped a lot, I'm less of a free kill and the heals seem better, plus I now have a couple of group heals which help, so thanks for the tips : )

Sword of Telara

Heals are pretty strong. Most matches don't have enough healers on either side to balance so its mostly the ones who are crying that they can't solo heal a 10 -20 man raid. Tactician is the exception. When there is a decent amount of healing games can go to timer. and premades abuse some maps like whitefalls, Karthan and Blighted Antichamber by holding stones and flags and farming the newbies or undergeared players. They can';t stand a chance with such gear disparity along with typical ignorance of class and map mechanics.

What makes it tough is that Trion kind of gives away packs per week and a lot of solo heroes are forced to carry these new players in warfronts. It gets to the point where the solo hero just gives up because the burden is always on them.

I know of premades that go 100+ wins a week with absolute ease. So much ease that going 20% loss is something that is not tolerated by them where a solo players is forced into under 50% loss streak carrying players that don't know how to play and in many cases sit at spawn or run around in their mount doing bare min to trigger activity. That is also compounded by the terrible matchmaking where you have uneven teams like 5 vs 7, those players with terrible systems that keep disconnecting and they refuse to fix their computer but continue to queue for that 1 out of 10 auto win. That is all compounded by the lower pop, and premades occupying hours and hours of pug farming during off hours.

The best advice I can give Trionbrasse is to stay well away from the PvP forums. The PvP scene in Rift promotes forum toxicity. Cheat codes vs. Premades also could help... From my experience they lose moral fast because they are not use to losing 50+ % of games. If you can get some people at Trion to man up to face those premades that farm hours and hours of the newbies and pugs maybe they will realize understand they are in fact griefing and destroying the game by doing that sort of thing..
    Last edited by Aedynn; 01-14-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Not all PvP groups are "pre-mades" (PM) in the sense that people consider them. My guild regularly gets a few folks together for PvP matches, but we're mostly casual players and don't really win any more than if we were to solo queue. There is already a system in place that attempts to place PMs in a common WF against each other.

Much like in life, there are players with lots of experience and skill that will almost always crush the newbies. There is no system to fix this, it's just a fact of life, especially if they group together. You can try to bolster down the good players and boost the new ones, but it won't matter, the experienced folks will always shine through. For me, getting beat down in PvP is motivating and a reason to work on getting better.

Folks work hard on designing their builds/rotations and gearing up, don't penalize them because other folks are lazy and want wins handed to them on a platter. If you don't like stiff competition then go do dimensions or something.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 01-15-2017 at 05:44 AM.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by BigTerj View Post
    There is already a system in place that attempts to place PMs in a common WF against each other.

Honestly, if people took the time or cared to show that this is not totally true they can prove it with a screen shot. Plenty of times the system stacks premades onto the same team vs. all pugs. What I mean is that it isn't so uncommon to find 5 number 1's, 2 number 3's, 3 number 2's all on the same team vs. a pure pick up group of randoms with 0 premades. Happens relatively often as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Honestly, if people took the time or cared to show that this is not totally true they can prove it with a screen shot. Plenty of times the system stacks premades onto the same team vs. all pugs. What I mean is that it isn't so uncommon to find 5 number 1's, 2 number 3's, 3 number 2's all on the same team vs. a pure pick up group of randoms with 0 premades. Happens relatively often as well.
    You're assuming that the PMs are made of quality players. I think that the cases you're referencing are groups of low ELO players. Honestly, is a group of low ELO players actually threatening? You're falling into the trap of assuming grouped players are magically better and that simply isn't true. Also, I believe that Trion will sacrifice team diversity in order to maintain low queue times, so it's possible you've encountered groups of quality players against solo queues.
    Last edited by BigTerj; 01-15-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    WFs are awful and it needs to stop.

1. A ridiculous amount of players are near useless in warfronts.

2. They simply don't want to learn - I attempted to inform a player from faeblight that he had the wrong MM buffs on; I was nice about it to, lowkey helpful. -- He told me that I should "stop telling people how to play" and "he will do as he pleases"

3. It's ruining wfs for the rest of playerbase

And the solution is simple... IGNORE!

Make the ignore system function as dungeons do. If someone is on ignore, they cant be on your team, only the opposite team. While I understand this is going to be a bit more complicated than wfs due to the nature of the system and if multiple people have each other on ignore it could take awhile to get a pop. But I'd happily wait another 10 minutes if it means not having a certain portion of the playerbase on my team in wfs.

TLDR; I'm triggered
    Ex-Conquest leader frustrated that those not in his postmade group refuse to follow orders.

News at eleven.

Soulwalker

You know what really works to keep the not so serious away from serious players, A pvp stat and a new wf system that you could even implement a monthly reward/pvpcontest Like most mmo's already use.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTerj View Post
    You're assuming that the PMs are made of quality players. I think that the cases you're referencing are groups of low ELO players. Honestly, is a group of low ELO players actually threatening? You're falling into the trap of assuming grouped players are magically better and that simply isn't true. Also, I believe that Trion will sacrifice team diversity in order to maintain low queue times, so it's possible you've encountered groups of quality players against solo queues.
    And you are also assuming that ELO is a measurement of ones pvp abilities. Elo is complete garbage when ranking ones pvp potential/abilities. So I would stop right there and never, ever mention elo again. If you dare bring it up again, I will destroy for doing so. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Malackye View Post
    And you are also assuming that ELO is a measurement of ones pvp abilities. Elo is complete garbage when ranking ones pvp potential/abilities. So I would stop right there and never, ever mention elo again. If you dare bring it up again, I will destroy for doing so. ;)
    I have mentioned in multiple posts inside this very thread that I'm no Elo fan and wish they utilized other stats like kills, damage, heals, and WF objectives completed to build a player skill metric.

Elo was designed for chess; 1v1 competition. It would even work for a team where the team members were constant across matches, like in a PvP 3v3 tournament setting. Where it breaks down, imho, is trying to assemble random teams together. The statistics for random team generation based off previous random team performance is highly questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Malackye View Post
    Loosely translated, the above quote can be interpreted as "My ELO sucked."

Elo never has been about measuring skill. everyone knows this. the earlier angry poster knows this.

that being said.. the players generally regarded as being skilled tended to have Elos in the higher range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    Ex-Conquest leader frustrated that those not in his postmade group refuse to follow orders.

News at eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    Loosely translated, the above quote can be interpreted as "My ELO sucked."
    I'm so glad you were able to bring constructive conversation to this thread. Bringing up CQ, postmades and following orders all in a thread about none of the above.

Players like you are the reason why the pvp community is gone.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast