+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Planar Fragments and PvP

Plane Walker

Default Planar Fragments and PvP

A few questions about planar fragments and PvP. I've searched a few threads and read through the PVP Changes for SFP thread but have not found the answers there. I'm afraid they may have been answered in the beta forums, but don't see them anymore.

1) Do war fragments work like PvP gear and allow you go past the bolster cap?
    2) Do we know roughly what infusion/teir of fragments we need to surpass the bolster cap?

If we do not know the answer. Anyone have an idea how I could test it outside of afk'n in a warfront?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post
    If we do not know the answer. Anyone have an idea how I could test it outside of afk'n in a warfront?
    you could always pop into Conquest for a quick bolster enabled test without unduly impacting anyone else's game..

oh wait..

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    you could always pop into Conquest for a quick bolster enabled test without unduly impacting anyone else's game..

oh wait..
    conquest was pretty much dead in NT, and it always gets disabled at the start of an expansion so idk why you posted this lol.

Dev's have also been pretty clear, they do not feel conquest is worth their time and have essentially stopped supporting it what? At the end of SL IIRC.

In short, stop bringing up conquest, it's never going to happen lol. It might be re-enabled, but it will never receive any major updates and/or support from the devs anymore unless there is some recent evidence that shows they have changed their stance on it.
    Internet 101 : If anyone disagrees with you, they must be angry that you're right.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post
    A few questions about planar fragments and PvP. I've searched a few threads and read through the PVP Changes for SFP thread but have not found the answers there. I'm afraid they may have been answered in the beta forums, but don't see them anymore.

1) Do war fragments work like PvP gear and allow you go past the bolster cap?
    2) Do we know roughly what infusion/teir of fragments we need to surpass the bolster cap?

Bolstering is broken at the moment, but I can tell you how it currently works.

PvE fragments keep the same stats in PvP as they do outside of PvP

PvP WAR fragments however have their stats reduced by about 70% while in PvP. Clearly not intended but currently how it works. So I didn't afk in the warfront too much, I set up my frag sets before I went in, wrote down the stats, then just switched between my frag sets and took screenshots while the timer was counting down.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

I have 4 Planar Fragment sets. I started a PVP set but realized quickly that war fragments were worse than white level 0 pve fragments. Since my main PVE fragment set has 2 war fragments, the best set I've been using in pvp was the pve set of white infused level 0 random crap. Today I got rid of the war fragments in my tank pve set and I think that is best now - for warfronts.
    1. PVE dps/heals: Average Infused to 12
    2. PVE tank: Average infused level 6
    3. PVP War Fragments - Average infused level 6-9
    4. PVE: White Infused level 0 randoms

Looking forward to the day that War fragments > pve pfs in warfronts.
    Pandia | Pandita | Kochochan | Tiamo
    <Natural Born Killers> and <-Every Time-> @Deepwood
    Stream on Twitch

Plane Walker

Is this still how it works?
    All my war feagments are turd in pvp?

Dayum son!
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

Champion

Huh? War fragments? Amongst the MANY fragments that I've encountered I've never stumbled upon a war fragment. Where do we obtain those?

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Huh? War fragments? Amongst the MANY fragments that I've encountered I've never stumbled upon a war fragment. Where do we obtain those?
    pvp.
    every warfront win box gives a war fragment.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    pvp.
    every warfront win box gives a war fragment.
    Found them. I assumed it was an extra 'plane' like it is in the planar attunement. But it's just 'war' being mentioned in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Found them. I assumed it was an extra 'plane' like it is in the planar attunement. But it's just 'war' being mentioned in the name.
    the planar attunement War plane is the pvp plane. prior to NT, its stat boosts were vengeance and valor.

Yeah don't bother with pvp fragments, pve is the way to go, oh well.

I'd like to see fragments dropped in pvp be ungradeable through pvp only. such as the gear from caches requiring a certain number of wf wins for the upgrade. (and be able to see the upgrade path)
    Azzteck@Greybriar
    <MWM>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xibitz View Post
    I'd like to see fragments dropped in pvp be ungradeable through pvp only. such as the gear from caches requiring a certain number of wf wins for the upgrade. (and be able to see the upgrade path)
    They have mentioned fragments being able to be upgraded in different ways in the future, so something like what you mentioned is likely. There was no mention of pvp / pve specific at all. PvP fragments haven't been spoken about anywhere at any time.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

I caved and remade my "Tank PVE" set into my pvp set. Got rid of all the war fragments, leveled them all up to at least 9. Maybe this week I'll try to see how much it takes to get a few to 15.
    Stream on Twitch

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pandia View Post
    I caved and remade my "Tank PVE" set into my pvp set. Got rid of all the war fragments, leveled them all up to at least 9. Maybe this week I'll try to see how much it takes to get a few to 15.
    Not sure why you'd do that Unless you have stupid amounts of plat to burn. WAR fragments are clearly broken and should be fixed sometime. When they do, you'll have to remake your pvp frag set again.

At the moment I think it's best to just hold onto your good war frags outside of your frag inventory till its fixed.

Well don't worry, I won't spend too much. I'm only upgrading 1 or 2 to max infusion level this week, just out of curiosity. Normally I would wait for the fortress siege content or war frags to work, but next month I might be playing another game. For now, I'm addicted to Rift, so I want to make the most of it while I can. I have plenty of disposable income to burn on my gaming hobby, so I don't mind wasting a little on a couple fragments.

I had a high CP set and a tank set. Since I don't tank, I got rid of the couple tanky frags (block/guard), war frags, and added pve ones that will be good for healing, and that cost about 3k plat to level up to 9-12. I know it will be scary to level up the next 3 levels, but I want to try it once. I mostly pvp in this game, so I'll splurge a bit on this pf set.

This set will be my pve healing set no matter what.

I already have a set of war frags (leveled to 9), but I'm not touching them anymore until they are fixed. It makes me angry that they'd release the expansion without letting us use pvp frags and essences in pvp, and it's been about two months already. Just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Pandia; 01-16-2017 at 04:17 PM.
    Stream on Twitch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast