+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Healing needs a Buff in PvP

Default Healing needs a Buff in PvP

As a main healer, we lack so much in PvP. yeah maybe certain Classes..*COUGH, MAGES* but certain classes took to much of a nerf. Trying to heal myself when there is so much burst hitting me as well as I am trying to heal other players is stupid. Yeah, at certain times we could heal, but there was the Reaver error. Now there is this BS they call healing in PvP now. Its just getting out of hand. DPS should have to coordinate to knock a healer down imo. With all the CC in the game its not the hard. ATM, Healing is crap in PvP and we need some love. Thepvp healing nerf is way to drastic. Say what you want of the players thinking there healing gods, even with my crap gear I still keep up with your mediocre heals. PvP healing is in such a tragic place atm. I shouldnt be able to be solo'd by any spec unless I am doing it wrong even though that barely happens, but still. There is way to much damage that healers take and they are basically the worst spec to play n WF's. Given there are few and far between any decent healer in PvP atm. We need more abilities, more mobilty and the ability to make a difference in a match,,, Come on trion, get with the program.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

I honestly can't tell if this thread is serious or overly facetious :3

Telaran

id have to agree, unless you are a FK.

no dps should be able to easily solo a healer. specially cleric heals are in a horrible place.

i suggest buffing the heals of the bloodthirsty proc.
    this will give all non-FK healers some support on keeping the most relevant dps alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

With exception of primalist I play all classes both healing snd dps specs I would not say I m one of the top players but I do try my best to know wht I am doing so I am more of a help full as I can to my team and I do have to say the only classe that really needs love is cleric,even the best known cleric heals have be come a joke to kill in compare to all other classes phys inclusive well played may not have the output and self heal tools of a mage or a lib/chante but still better thn cleric.Over all cleric is in great need of attention dps and heal.

i hope you are kidding honestly

if anything it needs to be toned down
    Vendetta
    Rank 8
    ------------------------------------
    Kronous
    Expletus

Quote Originally Posted by kronous View Post
    i hope you are kidding honestly

if anything it needs to be toned down
    If they lowered the ceiling any lower for dps, they wouldnt even be able to sit up.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    If they lowered the ceiling any lower for dps, they wouldnt even be able to sit up.
    most of the dps in warfronts these days struggle with just rolling over.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Touched

i bet op isn't even full t2 geared. if the difference between players was not so far apart pvp would be easier to balance. i mean you come in as a fresh 65 get 2shoted, your dps couldn't take out a wet paper bag and any healing you do is a flat out joke. then you get full raid geared (i would say wm but we know what is bis in pvp) and your an unstopable monster in pvp, ripping holes in anyone not also a raider, or heals that make any dps on you look like mosquito bites.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

Time to get philosophical again. I love it, I don't play and I still know how to answer these. Or I was just good at BS'ing essay questions in school. Here comes the long one. I'm making sure to type this while listening to Eminem - Just don't give a *%$#@. Because I don't. Okay, I give a little I guess because I'm writing this. But as to what people think? Reading my words will only help you. Skip em, it's your lost WF!

I'd still find a way to blow one up. I believe a skilled DPS should make any healer sweat hard. Otherwise you're talking borderline invulnerability if there isn't enough attackers. Healers in PvP, Imo, should just serve as a very very strong life extending aid that can keep you alive through lots of stuff that would have killed you without heals. So many people I think get this idea that 1 healer, or even 2 healers on them...heaven forbid they die to less than a gang of DPS it's deemed as bullcrap. I think a gang of DPS should pulverize a healer, and 1 solo player should require clearly demonstrated skill of their class and an array of abilities strung together in the proper order and timed just right. Almost read your opponent if you will and try to be a step a head of their game.

I'm sure it's different now, but in concept is what I'm speaking on. I remember being a fresh healer of less than 2 weeks at max level. The stuff I could heal through was absolutely stupid. I should have been way easier to crush, it's like I was playing Eq2 or something. Where my guildie healer could survive, you know, like the games top 5 DPS mages blowing them up as hard as they could. I feel like that's what people want sometimes. That made the game extremely stupid. Because put us on the same team and watch the 2 v 10 go down.

It's just simple. Healing should be a highly viable option to significantly extend the life expectancy of another player in whatever situation they are taking damage in. I'm just not sure if people ask for invulnerability capabilities until there are 3 people trying.

Then again, it's hard to balance. This game really REALLY needs to have been balancing the game based off the top performers. Eq2 did this for PvE side of DPS/Healing. Street Fighter, a game that takes itself very serious competitively, spent 4 months touring world wide with arcades, allowing many of the top players who took home top spots in stuff like the Capcom Pro Tour and other notable tournaments, to be the baseline for how a given fighter in the game should function and where their power levels should be.

It would be like if you were testing two cars and had like...a horrible horrible driver in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS vs a great driver in a Honda S2000 (shameless self plug, I love my ride). If real life were Rift and that Honda S2000 won a race against the Porsche....this game would ask to buff 911 GT3's. Uhh, no. They are already much more powerful and faster than a Honda S2000. You just had a terrible person driving the better car. Nice, now to even the playing field (hypothetical, we know the intention would never be to balance a top end Porsche roadster with a Honda roadster) among the cars, they will buff the 911 GT3 and keep the Honda S2k has is. So now when an actually legit driver uses the 911, he will blow people away like they never seen, because it's power level was adjusted on basically a faulted premise. And S2K's would be losing by a larger gap than they should.

See how not basing performance balance among something top capability is how it's done? And how doing it the other way around honestly will end up often creating absolutely bogus balance? Well, this game seems to think balancing off average performance is the way to go. That is why you've always had power-house DPS (or healer) that make you think you have to nerf DPS...then a bunch of DPS come in to say "no no, we're not even strong enough to begin with!" Yeah, you are...it's just that you are teh suckz.

Maybe they do this and I don't know. But, the competitive games that have gotten balance pretty spot on and correct with the littlest tweaking required over time...base their perspective of balance among their best known players in the playerbase. It just boggles me why this game has never done that. Oh yeah, that would require people having to acknowledge they aren't as good as someone and may need practice or a higher show of skill to pull off what they want. I learn just as much, sometimes more, from a loss (in SF matches) than I do from a win. If I lose to someone, I know my character is strong enough to hand them their rear on a golden platter - Youtube will show ya if you watch top players compete. But man, if you were to base the Guiles SFV balance off me, people like I'm Still Da Daddy, Nuckle-du, Chris G, would blow out people like Diago's Ryu or Momochi's Ken way to easily (notable top WW SF players if you newbs don't know - some bigger names in the gaming world). That you'd have screwed up balance.

So there you have it. Balance yo.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-22-2016 at 10:25 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

I think Trion has always had a problem with balancing Time-To-Kill in PVP. I believe the problem lies in the varying number of players in the warfronts.

Why not pull a page out of the PVE book? Have a HP buff for every additional player in the game. More players, bigger HP buff, so players don't get killed in one GCD when focused on. HP buffs : # of players doesnt have to be directly proportional either, and there could be a cap too.
    Last edited by Observers; 10-23-2016 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    stuff
    Rift cant balance anything around the top performers for a very simple reason.
    there aren't any left.

Ascendant

Healers need 2 things to be 'good' :

1) Efficiency : Ability to do more (way more) healing than an average opponent deal damage.
    2) Survivability : Ability to survive long enough to be able to do so

#1 efficiency
    They do. Some do it better than others, but they all do. If you heal for 2m and the average player deal 500k damage in the warfront, you've basically negated 4 players by yourself. That's good enough.

I've said it in other threads, but don't say that healers are bad/UP when EVERYONE wants them on their team. There's a reason why. Because they're good. Even in teams with no mages people will want heals. If heals were UP and could be 1v1'ed easily and all that crap people talk about constantly, people would rather have 1 more DPS over a worthless heal.

#2 survivability
    I don't know what's your playstyle or spec or gear level or skill level or anything like that, but if you have survivability problems as a healer you're seriously doing something wrong. I play healer on alts with the basic unupgraded PVP gear and a ****ty blue weapon (bolstered) and I rarely die more than once or twice in a game on my healers, unless we get absolutely rolled and spawncamped or something.

Healer's survivability isn't just about raw stats, like "if healers die too much they just need stronger heals!", it's about playing smart. Reading the map, reading the battle, reading the situation, and playing accordingly. Anticipation.

You see a player at 20% health being ganged 5vs1 in a lone spot on the map, don't rush in there to help him. They'll kill him anyway, then kill you too.

Most maps are zerg fests and in those maps crosshealing makes it very easy to stay alive when you're a bit behind the frontlines. NO ONE moves forward because anyone who does gets obliterated by all the tab targetters. Only damage you get is some fluff damage, or sometime when a pvp hero with 4 healers on his *** moves in, but again against just 1 or 2 players crosshealing is good enough.

On the non-zerg maps, well this is where you have to play smart.
    If you constantly get yourself killed with no one to help you (additionnal heal, or some strong dps to kill your opponent before he kills you), it probably means you are constantly somewhere you weren't supposed to be.

When you rush into 3 elite PVP'ers by yourself to heal some guy in greens and die for it, don't blame the healer's weakness. It was your own damn fault.

As long as everyone will be happy to see healers on their team, and as long as not having heals on your team is almost a guaranteed loss... I don't see how someone could call them UP or want them globally buffed.

FK needs nerfed, and some specs could use a fix, but heals are way strong enough. Especially with the damage nerfs and every dps specs having lots of self heals now (trinket and all that ) which means you can heal yourself more without punishing the team as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    i suggest buffing the heals of the bloodthirsty proc.
    this will give all non-FK healers some support on keeping the most relevant dps alive.
    This is a great idea. When I'm on FK I have to chain heal myself and toss out an aoe heal every once in awhile.

And no one plays healer, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Sunrun; 10-23-2016 at 01:36 PM.

Default Eh

IMHO

FK > Lib/Chanter > Primalist > Phys > Cleric

With enough gear you can make any class "work" but for the masses w/o t3 / 3.5 gear playing phys and cleric ... particularly cleric atm pvp is awful - but hey don’t take my word for it just see how many healing clerics there are in PVP atm.

W/only 4 warfronts and a few slots of PVP gear being BIS for PVP ... I’m sure what classes perform or don’t perform in PVP w/4.0 will be totally irrelevant as there will be no PVP'ers left.

Personally I am not really considering it until they at least tell us how many slots of PVP gear will be BIS for PVP ... anything short of all of them ... and I dont think Ill be playing Rift in 4.0
    Last edited by Fallse; 10-23-2016 at 02:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos
    I'm not against you enjoying raids. I'm not against you enjoying pvp.
    I'm not against you having a fancy pair of pants from raiding.
    I am against imbalance in pvp. Your fancy raiding pants are unbalancing pvp.
    Fallse Sempper Infidus Carpenoctum Mayhhem

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast