+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree257Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP in Starfall Prophecy

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Too many maps is bad for PvP. People get confused, and a number of them just clump up in the middle or follow the zerg. This doesn't make people better pvpers, and it doesn't make pvp more fun for folks who have a better understanding.

Limiting the variety at any given time makes matches better, because people understand what to do better. And we'll rotate maps in and out and have special weekends to keep things fresh.
    I agree. I was in a WF with a random person the other night, they did fine in one map but seemed confused in whitefall. They were running the wrong way with the sourcestone and I had to tell them to turn around and where to run to to turn it in. Luckily I type fast and they read fast or it could have been a loss. Hopefully the plan of making it easier for newer folks to learn works out well without boring experienced PvPers.

The Dev's also might consider creating one or more PvP training chronicle(s). Something to engage the player and teach them what to do in various warfronts. Then the players could visit it these as needed to learn objectives, placement, etc. without much risk to blowing the match for others while learning.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Weapon bolster does work correctly in PvP, that issue was fixed a long time ago. Procs don't bolster exactly, but we have thoughts on how to address that.
    If you switch warmonger warpons from mainhand to t3.5 relic in pvp, you can cleary see a dps incrase for physical dps souls. Same thing about heals. May be i'm wrong...
    Last edited by Caasper; 10-12-2016 at 02:39 PM.
    Caasper@Typhiria
    Nealyan@Typhiria

<SlashFlex>

Shadowlander

I don't like this. While an elo reset is definitely welcome, it's not actual content. I thought we were getting no content, but apparently we're getting negative content and losing things. 4 Warfronts at a time instead of 11, and Conquest will be disabled at launch, which by itself is normal. However it seems pretty obvious they probably won't activate it ever again, just hope the players forget about it.
    Anva/Daliza

People get confused, and a number of them just clump up in the middle or follow the zerg.
    Library is like playing spin the bottle with 30 methed up clowns in the back of a smart fortwo
    "I love it!" - Frank Drebin

We definitely plan on rotating maps in and out so you'll still see them. Just at specific times.
    Well, if the real issue is new players learning the maps, why not have practice tutorial warfronts available that will at least take them through the basics of each map?
    ~Belisama

Plane Walker

Weapon bolster does work correctly in PvP, that issue was fixed a long time ago. Procs don't bolster exactly, but we have thoughts on how to address that.
    I think weapon dps does not get bolster for warrior and rogue Ocho.
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Actually, I don't think anyone has asked yet, will PVP also drop planar fragments?
    Myred & Associates, a Deepwood PLLC
    dba TedCrooz@Deepwood; Mjirth@Deepwood
    Keeper of the Corgi Mask < -Hello Kitty- >
    #SeastoneBestStone, but never forget #DeepwoodBestWood

Plane Walker

This is something we are considering. Not for launch, but a possibility down the road.
    If you do consider going to seasonal elo resets consider having seasonal titles/fluff associated with the past seasons.

i.e. if you finish with an elo over 3k you get 'the King of Warfronts" title

Actually, just remove the old prestige titles from the achievements and award those based on final seasonal elo scores
    Last edited by Sencas; 10-12-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Appreciate the update - but I am actually not "surprised" as some other posters have stated, especially in terms of trimming the features like CQ. That's been the trend across 3.0.

@Ocho since we know that CQ won't be developed in Starfall, could we pre-emptively scrap the weekly CQ quests and have them changed to WF related weeklies. It just doesn't make sense to have quests logically pointing to an instance that will basically cease to exist in the near future.

I'm curious about one part of the gear equation that is missing - Planar Fragments. It's awesome that Warmonger's gear is going to be BiS for PvP, but will Planar Fragments acquired through PvP be BiS for PvP as well?

Basically what I'm asking is.. Will a player who only exclusively does PvP have the best STATS (including gear + planar fragments) for PvP?
    Last edited by Bruine; 10-12-2016 at 03:01 PM.
    Bruinn@Deepwood
    <-Hello Kitty->

Quote Originally Posted by Myred View Post
    Actually, I don't think anyone has asked yet, will PVP also drop planar fragments?
    According to the preview on Planar Fragments, they can be acquired through PvP.
    Bruinn@Deepwood
    <-Hello Kitty->

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41

Quote Originally Posted by Caasper View Post
    If you switch warmonger warpons from mainhand to t3.5 relic in pvp, you can cleary see a dps incrase for physical dps souls. Same thing about heals. May be i'm wrong...
    Warmonger weapons currently are below the bolster cap. So they aren't being downbolstered, and some other gear is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruine View Post
    It's awesome that Warmonger's gear is going to be BiS for PvP, but will Planar Fragments acquired through PvP be BiS for PvP as well?
    That's not how Planar Fragments work. Planar fragments are by nature somewhat random, so it doesn't matter how you get them. It matters how they evolve.

Plane Walker

Warmonger weapons currently are below the bolster cap. So they aren't being downbolstered, and some other gear is.

That's not how Planar Fragments work. Planar fragments are by nature somewhat random, so it doesn't matter how you get them. It matters how they evolve.
    What do you mean by some other gear is? Weapon dps > stats. I feel confused.com
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #43
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Myred View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruine View Post
    According to the preview on Planar Fragments, they can be acquired through PvP.
    Yes, you can acquire fragments through PVP.

Fragments will be subject to some level of bolster as well. Fragments are basically items just like your breastplate or helm except that they bend just about every single rule that governs items in code. As such, we have to put in additional bolstering requirements/tech for them. This isn't exactly set in stone yet due to the complexity of fragments. The end result will be the same as stated in the original message in this thread that gear will be normalized through bolstering and planar fragments are included as gear.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

shp
    Champion

It'll be a new tier of Warmonger's gear.
    Will we be able to buy gear from that tier with existing warmonger marks?

The stats of a t2 relic and above are downbolstered, the actual weapon dps isn't, at least that's what people are saying that have the gear to test it.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...rift-devs.html

Thread from a few months ago with people saying the same.
    Harrisonford

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast