+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 235
Like Tree255Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP in Starfall Prophecy

  1. #16
    Plane Touched Caasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    265

    Default

    edited

    /10char
    Last edited by Caasper; 10-12-2016 at 02:03 PM.
    Caasper@Typhiria
    Nealyan@Typhiria

    <SlashFlex>

  2. #17
    Prophet of Telara Hepatits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,028

    Default

    Thanks for the update ocho.

    1. Will a tooltip be added to items that are immune from downbolstering, please? Just a simple note will to. Thank you.
    2. Are we going to be able to purchase gear again, or will we be praying to RNGsus?
    3. To what end will ELO be useful?
    4. Since secondary stats will be coming off of gear how will itemization work with PvP gear?
    5. Will the new fragment system be subject to bolstering? (PLSNO)
    6. Warmonger marks and favor should still work with 4.0 gear, yes?
    Last edited by Hepatits; 10-12-2016 at 01:41 PM.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

  3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tead View Post
    No mention of balance,
    Balance is a whole separate discussion. Every time we do a level cap increase, balance is naturally hugely impacted as this gives us the opportunity to rebalance souls. The new PvP Meta will be significantly different once Starfall Prophecy launches because all the Calling/Soul balance changes are impacted massively by how we handle scaling and such. We'd definitely like to see PvP specific feedback once open beta starts, and will schedule PvP tests as possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myred View Post
    Will these use the Warmonger's Marks currency available at 65 right now? Would we be able to save these up to prepare for 4.0?
    It'll be a new tier of Warmonger's gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    If you're going to have 65-70 being a thing, stats need to be normalized 100%. No tiers.

    Everyone needs to be on equal footing.
    So everyone is mentored to 70, and everyone's gear is bolstered to the same thing (aside from Warmonger's Gear).

  4. #19
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    912

    Default

    I don`t understand why some bgs will not available as now? Like khartan? Do they need maintenance for to get access or what? If you don`t give us anything new at least don`t take away old stuff!
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

    Revelation Online. Head start for founders 27th February, start for F2P: 6th March.
    EU2 Tidewater server

  5. #20
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    459

    Default

    I like this move to specific items ignoring the bolster limit and being only obtainable through PVP activities.

    My first thought on this is, it is an opportunity to breath some life into those lesser played PVP activities you identified: Open world and Conquest (adding more (?) PVP content which people desire).

    Have three of these Warmonger specialty items, with one obtainable only through Open World, one obtainable only through Warfronts, and one obtainable only through Conquest (A set bonus for have all three of a specific type (heal, dps, (?)tank(?)) would be cool also, and could be similar to the 5% bonus you get from trinket-neck-ranged currently). This would be done simply through attaching activity specific currencies to dailies: warfront charge, re-introduce the open world dailies, and conquest dailies.

    Having the opportunity to "relic" these items through CQ chest loot would be another cool possibility.


    When the rewards are equal, I engage in warfronts over other forms of PVP because they are the easiest bang for my gaming time (plus over the course of NMT warfronts had the winner’s chest associated with wins, which was always a nice little added bonus). This doesn’t mean I would not like to engage in different forms of PVP.


    Since the alliance of factions I still think that open world PVP should be guild based... but that is a different conversation.
    Last edited by Sencas; 10-20-2016 at 11:06 AM.

  6. #21
    Telaran Lulutala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Balance is a whole separate discussion. Every time we do a level cap increase, balance is naturally hugely impacted as this gives us the opportunity to rebalance souls. The new PvP Meta will be significantly different once Starfall Prophecy launches because all the Calling/Soul balance changes are impacted massively by how we handle scaling and such. We'd definitely like to see PvP specific feedback once open beta starts, and will schedule PvP tests as possible.



    It'll be a new tier of Warmonger's gear.



    So everyone is mentored to 70, and everyone's gear is bolstered to the same thing (aside from Warmonger's Gear).
    Will raid weapons be BiS for warriors/rogues/primalists due to the weapon dps not being bolstered correctly in pvp?
    Harrisonford - Laethys

  7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    I don`t understand why some bgs will not available as now? Like khartan? Do they need maintenance for to get access or what? If you don`t give us anything new at least don`t take away old stuff!
    Too many maps is bad for PvP. People get confused, and a number of them just clump up in the middle or follow the zerg. This doesn't make people better pvpers, and it doesn't make pvp more fun for folks who have a better understanding.

    Limiting the variety at any given time makes matches better, because people understand what to do better. And we'll rotate maps in and out and have special weekends to keep things fresh.

  8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lulutala View Post
    Will raid weapons be BiS for warriors/rogues/primalists due to the weapon dps not being bolstered correctly in pvp?
    Weapon bolster does work correctly in PvP, that issue was fixed a long time ago. Procs don't bolster exactly, but we have thoughts on how to address that.

  9. #24
    Plane Touched Caasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    I don`t understand why some bgs will not available as now? Like khartan? Do they need maintenance for to get access or what? If you don`t give us anything new at least don`t take away old stuff!
    Agree i love karthan wf too :/
    Caasper@Typhiria
    Nealyan@Typhiria

    <SlashFlex>

  10. #25
    Champion of Telara McChaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    So everyone is mentored to 70, and everyone's gear is bolstered to the same thing (aside from Warmonger's Gear).
    Will the level 65 Warmongers be relevant in this tier and will the level 70 variants be equal to or slightly different?
    Kaleshnikove@Faeblight [Bounty]: Retired
    RIFT ON REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORift/

  11. #26
    Champion Azuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    In Starfall Prophecy, PvP in RIFT is about Warfronts. While we love Open World PvP and Conquest, focusing our attention (and yours) means better PvP. During normal weekdays we’ll have the following Warfront Maps open:

    · Codex
    · Black Garden
    · Blighted Antechamber
    · Library of the Runemasters
    It's all about warfronts, so let's make the list shorter? if all pvpers in the game have are 4 warfronts, life is going to get very stale, very quickly.

    I would have been happy losing the two Domination warfronts and Ghar Station. Why would Whitefall Steppes and Karthan Ridge be taken out? They are 2 of the most enjoyable.

    Yes, agreed new players have a lot to learn, however, there are plenty of people willing to help if they are willing to listen.

    We can't help the large player population who have no interest in learning the warfront tactics.
    ~Belisama

  12. #27
    Champion Azuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Limiting the variety at any given time makes matches better, because people understand what to do better. And we'll rotate maps in and out and have special weekends to keep things fresh.
    OK, this makes more sense. So we will still see the other warfronts? You can still delete the Domination maps and Ghar Station entirely.
    ~Belisama

  13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azuli View Post
    OK, this makes more sense. So we will still see the other warfronts? You can still delete the Domination maps and Ghar Station entirely.
    We definitely plan on rotating maps in and out so you'll still see them. Just at specific times.

  14. #29
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Too many maps is bad for PvP. People get confused, and a number of them just clump up in the middle or follow the zerg. This doesn't make people better pvpers, and it doesn't make pvp more fun for folks who have a better understanding.

    Limiting the variety at any given time makes matches better, because people understand what to do better. And we'll rotate maps in and out and have special weekends to keep things fresh.
    Too less maps cause boredom. Take out the new ones just a few loves them anyway (ghar and tomb) but keep the old ones:
    -khartan, black garden, codex, whitefall, blighted, library

    Keep port scion for weekends.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

    Revelation Online. Head start for founders 27th February, start for F2P: 6th March.
    EU2 Tidewater server

  15. #30
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Hey folks,
    During normal weekdays we’ll have the following Warfront Maps open:

    · Blighted Antechamber
    dreams can come true
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts