+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree257Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP in Starfall Prophecy

Rift Disciple

Okey ... I paid SFP immediately I read "FORTRESS SIEGES" - in a hope it will be something like guild vs guild to control something .. but you don't even mention it here ...

Wasted money you say ? >:

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    New Warmonger’s gear will be the best items in a given slot for PvP.
    What happend to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeasike View Post
    What happend to that?
    Ummmmmmmm it is?

Rift Disciple

So is dungeon gear downbolstered?

If it is not, pve gear is best in slot for pvp.

so I have a patron and some time to spend and wanted to do some wf achivs and notoriety (already hard is to do that thing ;) ) in specific warfront... but cant choose, because its not there.. if cant choose - i don't need to buy patron anymore :P

edit:
    give me back Whitefall!!
    hide Blighted Antechamber if need free spot
    Last edited by TankGirl; 12-07-2016 at 08:59 PM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

Soulwalker

Default Hasited

Hey folks,

Starfall Prophecy draws closer, and there is a ton of stuff coming that will impact all RIFT players. We wanted to take a moment and share some of the details about PvP specific content, beyond the Legendary Powers and Planar Fragments that we’ve already covered.

We’ll reset ELO scores with the launch of Starfall Prophecy. That gives everyone a chance to start fresh, and earn scores that relate to their skills now, without any impact from historical data. Make the most of it!

PvP Content
    In RIFT there are three broad types of PvP content: Open World, Warfronts, and Conquest (not counting other ways players can engage in PvP, with things like duels and PvP Dimensions). Within each of these types are multiple activities, leading to spreading out both developmental resources and the PvP population. By far the most popular form of PvP in RIFT (currently and historically) have been Warfronts, with all other types of PvP trailing WFs by a significant margin.

Within Warfronts there’s also a big spread of 11 different types of maps/modes, each with their own win conditions and means of awarding points. Different teams will often employ different strategies from match to match on the same map, depending on both team composition and personal preference. This is an enormous amount of information to learn and understand; someone who is interested in joining the PvP community has to learn a lot of different WF Maps, how CQ functions, why certain abilities are preferred in PvP over PvE, how certain abilities differ in scale of effect from PvE and PvP content, and why they keep getting jumped on by Assassins while trying to quest on Seastone or Bloodiron. It has proven daunting and frustrating for many.

In short, the amount and variety of content makes getting new folks into PvP way harder, and makes it less fun to play with newer members of the PvP community while they try to learn the myriad of details needed just to function at a basic level in PvP. We’ve not even begun to talk about finer strategy or what team compositions are dominating the metagame at the moment. As PvP is very much a group activity, anything which makes it harder for new people to get involved also makes things less fun for people currently involved.

So how do we plan to address these issues in Starfall Prophecy? We’ve decided to streamline the amount of PvP content that is available at any time. This makes it easier to learn what to do in PvP, and makes the experience richer, more fun, and more rewarding for all participants.

In Starfall Prophecy, PvP in RIFT is about Warfronts. While we love Open World PvP and Conquest, focusing our attention (and yours) means better PvP. During normal weekdays we’ll have the following Warfront Maps open:

· Codex
    · Black Garden
    · Blighted Antechamber
    · Library of the Runemasters

We plan to rotate maps in and out of this list over time, as well as special event weekends where a specific map not on this list is opened. This maintains variety, but keeps the options to a much more manageable level.

PvP Queues
    At launch, we’re going to expand the top level PvP Queue to include the 65-70 level range. Everyone participating will be mentored to level 70, and all gear(aside from Warmongers items above the bolster limit, see below) will be bolstered. This is to provide the maximum opportunity for everyone to participate in PvP as folks go through the leveling process. In the future, we have plans to introduce a high level PvP Queue that functions more similarly to the 65 queue now, but that will come after launch.

PvP Itemization
    One frequent topic of discussion since the launch of Nightmare Tide has been PvP itemization, and how PvP items compare to downbolstered items that exceed the limits of item power in PvP. In Starfall Prophecy, PvP will continue to be itemized in a manner similar to how it is now, with one very important addition.

One thing that was added with Update 3.7 that we hadn’t discussed yet was the ability for items to ignore bolster limits. Currently the only items that this applies to are Warmonger’s Trinkets, since they are actually more powerful than the current bolster ceiling allows. We plan to continue to expand on this in Starfall Prophecy. Warmonger’s gear that is of a tier that would normally be downbolstered will ignore the bolster ceiling and continue to utilize their full stat potential in PvP. New Warmonger’s gear will be the best items in a given slot for PvP.

Which items we make available and how many slots they will occupy is still being finalized, but Warmonger’s gear will be extremely desirable for those seeking maximum effectiveness in PvP. New tiers of Warmonger’s gear will continue to roll out as we introduce more powerful content and release new tiers of normal gear to continue this trend.

Better PvP For All
    Together, these three changes, along with raising the level cap, Legendary Powers, and Planar Fragments, represent an opportunity for us to address many of the issues that we’ve heard from you about how you would like to see PvP progress. Better matches, better teammates, and better items all combine to a better PvP experience in RIFT.

I have not received the ELO reset that you mentioned> I would appreciate getting that. Thamk YOu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by hasited View Post
    I have not received the ELO reset that you mentioned> I would appreciate getting that. Thamk YOu
    How would you even know this? ELO has been hidden. Are you basing this off the number of games you've lost in a row?
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

In short, the amount and variety of content makes getting new folks into PvP way harder, and makes it less fun to play with newer members of the PvP community while they try to learn the myriad of details needed just to function at a basic level in PvP. We’ve not even begun to talk about finer strategy or what team compositions are dominating the metagame at the moment. As PvP is very much a group activity, anything which makes it harder for new people to get involved also makes things less fun for people currently involved.
    So you want to remove and dumb down the content that loyal and long term players enjoy, for the possibility of enticing "fair weather players" to half *** PVP because it is too hard. Great Plan Trion.
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

Soulwalker

Default ?

Too many maps is bad for PvP. People get confused, and a number of them just clump up in the middle or follow the zerg. This doesn't make people better pvpers, and it doesn't make pvp more fun for folks who have a better understanding.

Limiting the variety at any given time makes matches better, because people understand what to do better. And we'll rotate maps in and out and have special weekends to keep things fresh.
    Are you taking away dungeons and raids? Is Pve gear and knowledge always the same?

Quote Originally Posted by xWarpdx View Post
    Are you taking away dungeons and raids? Is Pve gear and knowledge always the same?
    you know the person you are quoting doesnt even work at this company you arent gonna get a response.

as for dungeons and raids, well the game launched with 2 new dungeons 1 reshash and one of the new ones was down for like 2 weeks i think.

5 months into expansion and there arent any raids.

Soulwalker

Unhappy Why no warfront??

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    Interesting.

I agree with PvP gear being the most powerful gear in PvP. The question remains why it took Trion this long to make it so though >.>

About the Warfronts, I'm not sure this is smart. I mean, honestly, RIFT is not a complicated game. Do not underestimate people's intelligence. Anyone is perfectly capable of figuring out how a warfront works. Whether people can be bothered is something else, and there lies the problem.

When people who don't care about PvP do warfronts only for the daily reward, likely they won't care enough to think about how a warfront works and how they can contribute most. They just want to get it over with. This has always been the reason for the big quality decrease in PvP between SL and NT. A reduction in the amount of warfronts will not fix this. People who don't care and just want the reward, will still not care and just want the reward. Unless Trion also removes the PvE currency from warfront dailies, but I fear it's far too late for that. From what I saw when I last played, there would barely be anyone left in PvP if the PvEers were taken out. Everyone who truly cared about PvP left already.
    So, its too late for me to even try warfront. I just got back into this game, actually, I am still learning. Two years ago, PVE grinding got me bored and quit the game with 15hrs game time in my Rift Steam. I tried queing for Warfront yesterday but I waited 15minutes and nothing, so, I checking forums for warfront technical issues thread. And, I found this thread.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SephiaSky2017 View Post
    So, its too late for me to even try warfront. I just got back into this game, actually, I am still learning. Two years ago, PVE grinding got me bored and quit the game with 15hrs game time in my Rift Steam. I tried queing for Warfront yesterday but I waited 15minutes and nothing, so, I checking forums for warfront technical issues thread. And, I found this thread.
    I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean low level warfronts, then no, instant adventures giving 50 times more expe than everything else killed all low level content.

At endgame they pop fast to instant like they always have.

Soulwalker

Default messed up balance

So yeah , mini rant about pvp in SF from someone who use to play a fair bit of pvp in NT - balance is completely messed up since the expansion, you now have
    extremely high burst damage specs running around with insane movement speed; just mowing everybody down (Paragon and Harb comes to mind) completely destroyed pvp for me.

Nothing wrong with those specs being very powerful in Pve , that would kind of feel "right" ,but yeah - until this is fixed and balanced out I'm staying away from warfronts for the time being.

Soulwalker

Question F2P PvP in Rift

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean low level warfronts, then no, instant adventures giving 50 times more expe than everything else killed all low level content.

At endgame they pop fast to instant like they always have.

yes, you are right. I am now at level 65 but I see that I cant reach level 70 without buying Starfall Prophecy. I have tried Warfront and won 2 matches out of 20. I got lvl65 Warmonger PvP boots on the first box and on the second one just a Platinum . I see that my stat are bolster to 70 when I am in warfront but I dont think I am dealing enough damage. I have all equipment slot filled, so, I am thinking of maxing Planar Attunement and keep playing Warfront to get a more warmonger gears.

Ok that doesnt sound like a great plan But I am just curious if the end result will give me almost even chance vs lvl70 geared pvper in term of stats and dealing damage, any idea?
    Last edited by SephiaSky2017; 04-29-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Soulwalker

god, I miss this game.

daemon is the worst 61 lib in the game

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast