+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: Best of Nightmare Tide

Default Best of Nightmare Tide

Since the expansion is coming to an end, who were the best pvpers of Nightmare Tide?

In no specific order

Rogue
    • Dps - Makkh, Catharsiss, Smartyr, Lotusss, Aveleys, Hundreds, Gankt, Pompeezy
    • Heal - Kitira, Lotusss, Kynze, Averwinge, Zonedout, Catharsiss
    Mage
    • Dps - Reismmy, Mustacheridez, Wavestrike, Noobshot, Meduza, Handicapable
    • Heal - Reismmy, Mustacheridez, Cheesecakesandwich, Noobshot
    Cleric
    • Dps - Ecru, Whoryen, Hikos, Lostkoz, Mired
    • Heal - Minismmy, Snugglepuss, Whoryen, Chefboyardeeznutz, Bubbles, Anathunran, Devakk, Zehne, Ecru, Lostkoz
    Warrior
    • Dps - Heartattack, Mylilpwny, Nakedstone, Dirtydangle, Ajaxxx, Attillaa
    • Heal - Nakedstone
    Primalist
    • Dps - Lithmygoober, Munchmatoast, Zent
    • Heal - Lithmygoober, Munchmatoast

Comment yours
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 09-19-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~The Cult x Coriolis x Ominous

Rift Disciple

best phys WW !!!!!
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

All of those names were titans of the expansion. The kind of names you know are trouble when you see them on the other side, and provide some solace when you see them on your own. I would add a bullet though (along with dps and heal) - objective play. This would open the list up abit to tanks, but I know they are controversial in PvP. Players like Ainslay, Kronos and Techfall would get my vote in the objective category. And no physician heal list would be complete without Aivry. Lilith stood out consistently as primalist heals, and Aabraxas was another who shined. My 2cp.
    Last edited by Bannj; 09-19-2016 at 01:15 PM.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

So many of them are gone. It's actually kind of sad reading through the names...
    R.I.P.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    This would open the list up abit to tanks, but I know they are controversial in PvP.
    Thing about tanks is... the correlation between 'skills' and 'results' aren't as strong as it is for heals and dps.

I mean obviously there are skilled players who sometime play tank, but aside from gimmick specs, a lot of it is just standing there taking a beating and trying to pick up the stones 250 times in a row and finally get it and score a point. Sure it helps their team, but they didn't really need to do anything particularly skillful to do it... They just stood there and had 160k hp and good heals, and that's all that was required. That an a mouse that didn't break before their 250th click. Same thing when they run to an empty point and cap it ( or just 1 guy defending and they CC him until the cc's are offcooldown while the cc breaks are still on cooldown, to cap it ).

The skill ceiling is kinda low. Running really fast with a runner spec or surviving for a long time with a tanky spec is 99% about the gear/spec, not the player. And sure a big part of DPS'ing and healing is also about that, but there's a bigger % that's about personal skill.

When a tank just grab a stone and outrun everyone to cap a stone, or no one cares about him/just 1 guy and the tank CC him and cap... Credit to team and all that, but does it really deserve a special mention?

Same thing with tanks who just run into the zerg in whitefall to soak up a million damage from tab targetters.... Sure it might help the team, but it doesn't require any kind of skill to do that.

EU version on our point of views and our criteria:

Played more than a month in PvP on NT (or out of our list)
    Loged on in the last 6 months (or out of our list)
    No gear carry (or out of our list)
    Some are named more than 1 time because of multi-chars
    Able to perform to the top of his/her specs, in any situaltions
    It's not friends list related
    People spec-carry are out of that (example, mages players that exist since FK is up)
    No order

Rogue

Dps - Medisix, Ballsofsteel, Zigomir, Oycbl, Maha, Miicha, Silentx, Illlllllllllllllll
    Heal - Zigomir, Ballsofsteel, Marisse, Oopsie, Illlllllllllllllll

Mage

Dps - Deathscyth, Glitches, Smashed, Interpol
    Heal - Glitches, Lokken, Sheonae, Hurrikan

Cleric

Dps - Giola, Keely, Crescens, Deathexpress, Grimka, Sen
    Heal - Jackytheripper, Maui, Skramslam, Theadora, Alcyone

Warrior

Dps - Hetoi, Hahahaa, Eonxy, Filri, Harrisonford
    Heal - Trisssi, Lustr, Tychessa, Harrisonford, Lolapipeta

Primalist

Dps - Inferno
    Heal - Inferno, Xplit

May be we miss some.
    Last edited by Caasper; 09-19-2016 at 02:53 PM.
    Caasper@Typhiria
    Nealyan@Typhiria

<SlashFlex>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    So many of them are gone. It's actually kind of sad reading through the names...

looks like almost all of them still play, some just named changed, playing other toons etc.

Two good rogues that are missing (dps) are Strikes and Timmy (Eu)

Quote Originally Posted by NBliss View Post
    Two good rogues that are missing (dps) are Strikes and Timmy (Eu)
    Haha, true about Strikey on his rog and war he is good, but i can't put all SlashFlex members on the list .

For Timmy he is a good player too, but it's not a topic about all good players or that list can be like 10 times longer than it is actually.
    He was a good mm if i remember well, but nothing exceptionnal against the rogues i named :/. There are a lot of good ones in the same kind of timmy as Oohlghrist for example. And he stoped rift since a long time i guess.

On the top of that there are players who stoped to play since long, and even they could be easilly in our list i can't name them, like daftpunk, Zulway, volvaric etc, it's NT version anyway .
    Caasper@Typhiria
    Nealyan@Typhiria

<SlashFlex>

Quote Originally Posted by Caasper View Post
    Haha, true about Strikey on his rog and war he is good, but i can't put all SlashFlex members on the list .

For Timmy he is a good player too, but it's not a topic about all good players or that list can be like 10 times longer than it is actually.
    He was a good mm if i remember well, but nothing exceptionnal against the rogues i named :/. There are a lot of good ones in the same kind of timmy as Oohlghrist for example. And he stoped rift since a long time i guess.

On the top of that there are players who stoped to play since long, and even they could be easilly in our list i can't name them, like daftpunk, Zulway, volvaric etc, it's NT version anyway .
    Yeah there's alot of good players, lists could have been 2 times as long. But it's the "best of nightmare tide" for a reason.
    ~Xclusive

All of those names were titans of the expansion. The kind of names you know are trouble when you see them on the other side, and provide some solace when you see them on your own. I would add a bullet though (along with dps and heal) - objective play. This would open the list up abit to tanks, but I know they are controversial in PvP. Players like Ainslay, Kronos and Techfall would get my vote in the objective category. And no physician heal list would be complete without Aivry. Lilith stood out consistently as primalist heals, and Aabraxas was another who shined. My 2cp.
    Rift and its players only recognise sprinters and swimmers as athletes.
    weightlifters, boxers, triathletes, cyclists, ect do not constitute athletes by this games standards, no matter how many gold medals they bring home.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    weightlifters, boxers, triathletes, cyclists, ect do not constitute athletes by this games standards, no matter how many gold medals they bring home.
    These players mentioned are the ones that excel in both. You for example are good at objectives. But these players mentioned are twice maybe thrice as good at DPSing to score kills for their team. Thus resulting in more wins because the other team cannot cap flags or pick up stones when in the graveyard.

If you have some crazy win percentage like 70% and are solely an objective player than come back to me. Otherwise, pvp > pve in pvp.
    ~Xclusive

Aivry was on the list. Kynze was her previous name. And to each their own, not many Primalist healers are worth noticing imo. If I can kill a healer solo they shouldn't make the list, the best healers won't die 1v1 assuming fair conditions.

This is a "best of" list, not "good of" or else the list would be alot longer because rift has its share of good players
    ~Xclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Xclvsive View Post
    These players mentioned are the ones that excel in both. You for example are good at objectives. But these players mentioned are twice maybe thrice as good at DPSing to score kills for their team. Thus resulting in more wins because the other team cannot cap flags or pick up stones when in the graveyard.

If you have some crazy win percentage like 70% and are solely an objective player than come back to me. Otherwise, pvp > pve in pvp.
    i'm not in any way trying to take away from those listed, or imply that they don't deserve the recognition you have given them.

also, playing objectively is just as much pvp as dpsing or healing, regardless of you or others choosing to not care so much for it.
    you pretty much prove the point of my previous post.
    grats to the named sprinters and swimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/LHhwU
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast