+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion: FIX YOUR GAME

Rift Disciple

Default Trion: FIX YOUR GAME

I'm gonna start this post off by stating that I've played this game since beta, and have been a PvPer since the game has began. I started a humble, lowly bad rogue who didn't know a builder from a cooldown. Since then I've played a lot, and learned the ins and outs of the game.

The first problem I find with RIFT PvP, is the lack of support from Trion. Trion has done absolutely nothing for the PvP community other than add a new brain-dead warfront to the mix, which has only worsened the experience for everybody (bronze tomb). There has been no addition of arenas, any attempt to make CQ resurface as something people want to do, and Trion won't listen to any suggestion thrown at them to help this games pvp. Running warfronts has been fun for a very long time, and although many generations of players have quit around me, I've stuck around.There NEEDS TO BE MORE CONTENT for people to WANT to stay and play this game.

The second problem I find with it, is the sheer amount of bugs in PvP. From Life Insurance still not working since SL, all the way to fading light being broken for a month before trion fixed it. The consumable bug still exists in rift, where if you switch gear in a warfront in order for your consumable to work you need to unequip it, and even then, only one per consumable will work at a time (only one whetstone). This game has countless bugs, which could be overlooked if there was something actually fun to do in this game. Warfronts = PvP isn't a way to play a game. If WoW only had BGs the PvP community would be dead there long ago - similar to how the community is here.

The third, and most prominent issue I see in rift PvP is the treatment of gear. The gear grind is unrewarding and random, and to upgrade your pvp gear, you have to grind endlessly the same 9 maps until your eyes fall out. Even after you grind out a few hundred of those warfronts, you find out that the gear you've been working so hard for is a tier and a half below the best gear in the game from PvE.

Overall, I will not be buying 4.0 if nothing is shifting for PvP in rift. Trion is using my money to help support a system that doesn't support me, and I won't be paying.
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

Quote Originally Posted by Averwinge View Post
    Overall, I will not be buying 4.0 if nothing is shifting for PvP in rift. Trion is using my money to help support a system that doesn't support me, and I won't be paying.
    I think Trion really needs to come out and say "we're listening" to the PvP community. You guys have a ton of suggestions in the 4.0 wishlist and I'm positive that they're reading it. But we need to hear it.

I hope there's a livestream dedicated to PvP before the expansion comes out.
    Last edited by rlowe47; 08-12-2016 at 06:10 AM.
    Irlowe@Deepwood Iirlowe@Deepwood Urlowe@Deepwood Primalowe@Deepwood Rlowe@Deepwood
    <Halcyon>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rlowe47 View Post
    If they come out as having a new direction with PvP, or even take the old direction with it, i'll happily buy the expansion and continue playing.
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

I think Trion really needs to come out and say "we're listening" to the PvP community. You guys have a ton of suggestions in the 4.0 wishlist and I'm positive that they're reading it. But we need to hear it.

The last time they had a pvp focused live stream just before an expansion, it was to tell us they were taking pvp gear out of the game.

Dreams can turn into nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Averwinge View Post
    If they come out as having a new direction with PvP, or even take the old direction with it, i'll happily buy the expansion and continue playing.
    I feel like you guys have been always a step behind in NT from the raiding community as far as gear goes. It's not like the PvP community is any smaller than the raiding community anyway - we need to have those be on par with each other.

I don't think gear unification will go away, but we need to find some way that gear in PvP is not outclassed by gear in raids, or in the very least, that they are equivalent.
    Irlowe@Deepwood Iirlowe@Deepwood Urlowe@Deepwood Primalowe@Deepwood Rlowe@Deepwood
    <Halcyon>

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    The last time they had a pvp focused live stream just before an expansion, it was to tell us they were taking pvp gear out of the game.

Dreams can turn into nightmares.
    "We're getting rid of warfronts! ...and that's our show folks, see you in a couple weeks."
    <Halcyon>

I feel like you guys have been always a step behind in NT from the raiding community as far as gear goes. It's not like the PvP community is any smaller than the raiding community anyway - we need to have those be on par with each other.

I don't think gear unification will go away, but we need to find some way that gear in PvP is not outclassed by gear in raids, or in the very least, that they are equivalent.
    "I don't think gear unification will go away, but we need to find some way that gear in PvP is not outclassed by gear in raids, or in the very least, that they are equivalent."

Simply don't make it out classed by raid gear. PvPers are putting in a great deal of effort to get their gear, so there is no reason it can't be competitive to raid gear.

I mean my mage has 5k - 7k less HPs than raid geared people simply because warmonger's gear has less end. Also, you can grind thousands of WFs and not get the drop you want.

Raid gear is easier to get. It takes more work to get PvP gear, so there is no reason it should be weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    "I don't think gear unification will go away, but we need to find some way that gear in PvP is not outclassed by gear in raids, or in the very least, that they are equivalent."

Simply don't make it out classed by raid gear. PvPers are putting in a great deal of effort to get their gear, so there is no reason it can't be competitive to raid gear.

I mean my mage has 5k - 7k less HPs than raid geared people simply because warmonger's gear has less end. Also, you can grind thousands of WFs and not get the drop you want.

Raid gear is easier to get. It takes more work to get PvP gear, so there is no reason it should be weaker.
    The lack of an effective anti-afk system combined with the free win mechanic means players can, and do, afk their way to gear in pvp.

Rifts approach to pvp has always been "fail your way to progression"
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

This game once had big names in the pvp mmo gaming world like Noobzilla and Bajeera making rift pvp videos and supporting this game. Trion must have seen it fit to give them the finger by destroying what fun there was left in PvP in this game.

If they improved the pvp in this game it could bring so much recognition from the mmo gaming community into rift which could mean more money for Trion.

I just dont understand their actions and/or lack of actions.
    Last edited by Xamaron; 08-12-2016 at 08:34 AM.
    Dispatched@laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    The lack of an effective anti-afk system combined with the free win mechanic means players can, and do, afk their way to gear in pvp.

Rifts approach to pvp has always been "fail your way to progression"
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    Well I am getting a bit tried of constantly fighting at a gear disadvantage.

Ascendant

There are numerous games with better PvP than Rift and you should have learned years ago that PvP is not a concern for Trion. If you choose to pay money for the experience, then you are essentially being exploited. Rift is now a whaling simulator.

There is a word for repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different result each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    There is a word for repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different result each time.
    Progression Raiding?

wait.... that's two words....

They fixed CQ, now its lag-free. they promoted reward (Warmonger Mark drop, which I am sure y'all looted from quick wins ); They fixed WF match making by implementing Elo, which we all appreciate how that works; They took their effort and introduced an one very unique WF map (bronze tomb) combining pve elements in pvp (PVE-P ? ), and its bug-free; They actually have a RBG, however, the queue is never gonna pop, hmmm,, i wondering why? (probbly cuz we bad and scared ) , I never got chance to find out the big reward from that area . They have OWPVP - seastone shard, We all love to go there for .. OWPVP quest? I know.. it took me some days to find an enemy, but god that was so fun

Will I pay xpac to continue support this awesome game in pvp aspect? YOU BET !!
    Last edited by Hinatasama; 08-12-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Giving up and throwing around what Einstein said won't help. Brasse almost promised a PVP stream at the end of today's Twitch. Let's see..
    Voices - Bingzhu - Schroedinger

I hear voices in my head - They council me
    They understand - They talk to me
    .... .- - . ..-. ..- .-..

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    This game once had big names in the pvp mmo gaming world like Noobzilla and Bajeera making rift pvp videos and supporting this game. Trion must have seen it fit to give them the finger by destroying what fun there was left in PvP in this game.

If they improved the pvp in this game it could bring so much recognition from the mmo gaming community into rift which could mean more money for Trion.

I just dont understand their actions and/or lack of actions.

They have one of the best soul systems to have fantastic pvp. Its too bad the devs dont know what they got.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast