+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion: FIX YOUR GAME

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    I was in full t3 gear minus weapons/neck before i even started raiding on my rogue.
    Just playing casually- doing wfs, weeklies, dungeons, taking advantage of events, sparkles,

the only way you got T3 in a timely manner was by pveing,thats it and you eve say so in your post as i high lighted.

if you only pvp you can not get a full set of current gear before a reset/new set comes out.its simple and the math has been done 1000 times over - 4 pvp weekly's right?1 of which "cq kills" you might as well cross off the list and the 2nd "wf wins" is not a giving anymore do to having to random q "if you pay for this pvp your nuts".the weeklys give how many marks?like 100?lmfao.then you have your daily wf win for how many marks?

hopefully this week i can get my 3rd piece of T3 and thats pretty fing sad for how much i pvp.so take your trying to justify how fast you can gear when you add in pve to your play and open your eyes.current pvp gear is like a tier and a half behind pve gear is it not?
    ...what?
    I mean, I think you're on a side, but I'm honestly not sure. If you could restate that in readable English, I would appreciate it.
    Averwinge - Hailol
    #1 PvP Phys WW

Seastone was epic fun

now all the trolls/raiders in wfs call seastone bad and did not even play when it was #1,thats pretty fing sad and tells us alot about the state of the game.
    There was also Sunrest pvp for the rp minded. Even guild raiding in open world content was epic.

I was on Sunrest until they folded it into the Rock. Things were way different back when huh.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #34

Quote Originally Posted by rlowe47 View Post
    I think Trion really needs to come out and say "we're listening" to the PvP community. You guys have a ton of suggestions in the 4.0 wishlist and I'm positive that they're reading it. But we need to hear it.

I hope there's a livestream dedicated to PvP before the expansion comes out.

We're listening" to the PvP community

Now that doesn't mean we're necessarily going to put in any or all of the suggestions forwarded, but I spend more time reading PvP feedback for instance than almost any other part of the game. We have to judge how things will impact the game as a whole however, instead of just creating new features.

Arenas for instance are not on the table. We'll listen if they are asked for, but it's not something that is planned in any sense. Nor is it a consideration at this point. We'll likely reset ELO with the expansion, but we're not scrapping it. Sometimes requests are even in direct contradiction with one another, even from the same poster. Do thing 1, but also do thing 2 which will sabotage thing 1. PvP stats and getting more people in PvP for instance are not mutually compatible.

Listening more often is trying to find the reasons why you (as a group) want something rather than just taking the superficial request at face value. The more you focus on why you want something rather than just what you want, the more likely we are to be able to find a way to give it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post

Now that doesn't mean we're necessarily going to put in any or all of the suggestions forwarded, but I spend more time reading PvP feedback for instance than almost any other part of the game. We have to judge how things will impact the game as a whole however, instead of just creating new features.

Arenas for instance are not on the table. We'll listen if they are asked for, but it's not something that is planned in any sense. Nor is it a consideration at this point. We'll likely reset ELO with the expansion, but we're not scrapping it. Sometimes requests are even in direct contradiction with one another, even from the same poster. Do thing 1, but also do thing 2 which will sabotage thing 1. PvP stats and getting more people in PvP for instance are not mutually compatible.

Listening more often is trying to find the reasons why you (as a group) want something rather than just taking the superficial request at face value. The more you focus on why you want something rather than just what you want, the more likely we are to be able to find a way to give it to you.

" PvP stats and getting more people in PvP for instance are not mutually compatible."

A good WF experience, and a WF filled with leeches and AKFers is also not mutually compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgi of Prydain View Post
    I was in full t3 gear minus weapons/neck before i even started raiding on my rogue. Just playing casually- doing wfs, weeklies, dungeons, taking advantage of events, sparkles, any person can be full t3 geared. This was playing casually not grinding everyday. I did not enter MoM even once on rogue the first few months after release.

At the beginning of Mind of Madness, most raiders will spend 9+ hours a week doing progression on Pagura/Arak, a couple guilds were better and were able to farm a few more bosses earlier (Cori/Trinity/etc), but it was easier to earn marks doing the weeklies/chronicles/wfs than raiding. Remember, raiders only acquire gear when the boss dies and the bosses weren't dying much at the beginning of MoM.
    "Remember, raiders only acquire gear when the boss dies and the bosses weren't dying much at the beginning of MoM"

That is not correct, as they also gain gear in all the ways you mentioned. It is also not uncommon for me to spend 9 hours or more in one day running WFs.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 08-16-2016 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Averwinge View Post
    ...what?
    I mean, I think you're on a side, but I'm honestly not sure. If you could restate that in readable English, I would appreciate it.
    harder for some right?

i will be sure to take my time and edit my posts just for you
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

what i want for the moment is for you to tell me what the next x-pac has to offer a pvper like myself,maybe i missed it?want my $ then show me what your going to give me for it.

listening to your players is one thing doing something for them is another.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #39

what i want for the moment is for you to tell me what the next x-pac has to offer a pvper like myself,maybe i missed it?want my $ then show me what your going to give me for it.

listening to your players is one thing doing something for them is another.
    That's fair. And we'll be talking more about the expansion over time. But keep the feedback coming in.

Champion

Something really needs to be done about AFKrs. Reporting them does nothing. Seriously it is a problem.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Something really needs to be done about AFKrs. Reporting them does nothing. Seriously it is a problem.
    We just improved that a little bit. Keep reporting.

That's fair. And we'll be talking more about the expansion over time. But keep the feedback coming in.
    leave it too long, and even if its good news you'll have created bad blood with those pvpers holding off on preordering. there are prophecies to collect, after all.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

BSE
    Plane Touched

Heya! Heard saying anything that isn't following the narrative of everything being extra dandy around here can get you banned, so I decided to come and pay a visit back to the forums.

A story about myself before the deed gets done.

I am that guy that purchased Rift day one.
    I am that guy who argued for years that Bard should be more than buffbots.
    I am that guy who designed fantasy souls because the soul system was cool like that.
    I am that guy who lost one account to the password leak.
    I am that guy who was super excited about Storm Legion (mostly because of Bards and Tactician.
    I am that guy that was so annoyed by leveling that I just left my main at 68 and went full PvP with alts.
    I am that guy that bought Physician on day one.
    I am that guy who spent years following Rift, waiting for its potential to be finally fulfilled,

and who now is looking for an excuse to quit hoping.

Personally I don't really care about B2P. I pay for my games, I dropped like $50+ on Atlas Reactor, *I pay provided they are good*.

And the only thing that made Rift good for me was PvP.

The Soul System had the promise of making the first MMO were you could truly customize your character and play around and adapt to your enemy. That provided that you made each soul have a way to counter another soul.

But that was never going to happen because PvP has always been a second-rank citizen in Rift. Thus a system of counters was never to be implemented because each soul was designed with PvE only in mind (except Dominator, and you neuted it recently lol).

But that would be excused if if the gameplay of this game was not so goddam BAD!

The worst designed classes I have ever seen in a MMO. I love healing but I can't bear to play Sentinel, Purifier, or Physician. The abilities are dull, it's all about gaining 1-3% effects, BORING. DPS is nearly as worse as all abilities are clunky, uninspired, repetitive, and frankly ugly!

There was some nice efforts done with the likes of Pyromancer, but it was for like 2 or 3 souls among dozens. Dozens of boring, poorly customizable, overall just lame.

There, I could have paid for the Shadeborn and the Primalist, but just looking at their mechanics was enough to convince me that it was the mass of boring effects that I could already get with the dozens of souls I don't use.

I could not care less about Starfall Prophecy being B2P. What I care about is that it is definitely going to be a glorified cash grab (eternal rarity LUL), while the important part of the game (the GAMEPLAY) will be left unaddressed yet again until the game dies.

So yeah, if people are getting banned in droves here, please add me. It's time to get some closure.

I don't think its necessary to respond to all of our "bad" or contradictory ideas. Hot topics like Elo/matchmaking (which you already commented on), FK and Physician (in regards to pvp) might be worth dropping a note on.

I think hopeful news about new changes or whats possible might satiate a few people. New or future ideas in the mix for CQ? New playmodes? Future fixes for old playmodes? Future fixes for abilities for known bugged or under/overpowered abilities (in pvp)? Better accessibility for newer players? The future of low level pvp (will it ever be possible to mentor down to low lvl pvp to help fill it)? Is there anything you are doing to grow your pvp base? For example.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #45

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    leave it too long, and even if its good news you'll have created bad blood with those pvpers holding off on preordering. there are prophecies to collect, after all.
    We'll share as soon as the news is ready. Not everything is finalized; we're not holding it back just to hold it back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast