+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Remove World PvP Kills from Counting.

http://imgur.com/HDFv35I

We went and ganked them trying to do their IPP farm....

This is seriously whats it has come down to.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post

Bummer... I missed it...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Shadowlander

Default Really?

But Rgi you will only represent 1 faction (defiant/guardian). May need players from both factions to actually prevent this. And this may complicate matters further

Rift Disciple

lol that's gold jerry, gold!
    dibs@pveshard
    RIP guyhax/horsesock

RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

I agree just take out the world part. Most of my kills come in WFs. And don't take too long guys. I need this quest!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

good work guys!pvp kills weekly has been removed in turn making gearing up though pvp even slower!excellent job!

so with cq kills weekly being lol -that leaves me with wf win and cq win weekly's........
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Telaran

Gonna quote myself

8.Carnage: Ascended.
    How it look now? Many ppl doing it normal killing ppl in warfront.
    Other way is killing ppl in open world. They made 2raids defiant and guardians and farm each other at spawn.
    Made it killing ppl in warfront only.

Last edited by Mergrim; 11-11-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Soulwalker

Thumbs down Not True

Once again, the majority of the people doing this wont enter wfs. They do it because it is an easy weekly. I've been farming the raids the past week with a few others to stop them from getting kills. The majority of them, I have never seen in a warfront and I doubt I will.
    This is not true. I for one will not stay in a CQ match that is so completely unfair. I spend the majority of my time in WF's. Removing the kills will discourage WPVP. I do believe that removing kills for killing lower levels should be banned but pretty sure you dont get points for that.

DO NOT DISCOURAGE WPVP anymore than it already is or it will disappear and so will the members....along with all of our money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    good work guys!pvp kills weekly has been removed in turn making gearing up though pvp even slower!excellent job!

so with cq kills weekly being lol -that leaves me with wf win and cq win weekly's........

so to top things off i just tried to hand in my 1000's wfs kills quest on my atl,the same quest that takes me 2 weeks to do and it cant be handed in.

really if trion cant even make simple adjustments like changing the quest to "only wf's kills count" hire someone that can.

i find it funny that the devs had the time to remove weapons from the "pvp boxes" just because,yet they dotn have the time to upgrade level 60 consumables to level 65.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Shadowlander

I think that one of the problems is that for years Trion have presented us with PvE type quests that give PvP rewards, and are therefore partly responsible for fostering an attitude among the player base that these sort of weekly raids are an acceptable way of completing them.

Examples:

The old level 60 Tempest Bay weeklies, that had you running around collecting items from normal mobs in Steppes of Infinity, or collecting items from The Dendrome, the only proviso that you needed to be PvP flagged. Most people managed to complete these without even seeing another PvP flagged player, let alone having to engage in PvP combat.

There was also a long standing tradition that people on opposite factions would pair up to complete the level 60 weekly PvP kill quest of 50 players. As that was never seen as an exploit, I really can't see that larger groups forming up to kill 1000 players is unacceptable.

Majority of CQ; even if you don't use the last 10 minutes mindlessly farming turrets then most of conquest involves running around killing extractors in raid. Actual PvP forms a small minority of CQ content.

Rift is also one of the few MMOs I have ever played where running around in open world whilst PvP flagged is nearly always safe! I have lost count of the number of times that I have spent 20 minutes or more in a NMR with a flagged player of the opposite faction, that only ever seems to be killed by the PvE content.

Champion

So legit people like me who did carnage of the ascended in warfronts are hit ..thanks exploiters and trion ..we only have guns for hire. This stinks big time for genuine people.

Rift Disciple

So on my new alt who i am ok geared on and can pull my weight in wfs, but really need marks to gear up and catch up to others players on i can'nt hand this in?

I got all my kills in wfs and am being punished not only this week but when i can hand in am guessing won t be able to pick up the quest again whenever is fixed as will be handed in late after a reset? and will lose time between that and this week if take longer?

I am sure all the ppl who use this method to get kills have already handed in the quest btw.

So the innocent hard working players get punished?

I am sure this will all be brushed under the carpet or not dealt with though as Summer Event comes in and trion will prioritise new shinies and want people spend money on that.
    Last edited by Disillusionment; 07-03-2016 at 12:34 PM. Reason: spelling error

Shadowlander

Thumbs down

Some players have been doing this (open world fast kill quest) since years, so what's up ? Did dev wake up yesterday and realize ? "oh damn they are exploiting pvp quest"....

The easiest thing to fix this would be to remove open world kills counts for this quest...
    Instead of that , they just disable quest , sh**t on the players who actually complete this in wf like it have to be.

So, CQ is empty, you can forget cq kill quest, i dont even try to go for cq win quest (i dont like to kill turrets during 2 hours), and now wf kill quest is disabled... There is still one pvp quest remaining (guns of hire)...

This week (like all weeks) i did wf kill quest on 3 chars...for nothing...thanks guys

The message is clear : go pve

instead of taking the lazy route by disabling it for all, they should punish the ones who abused it by looking at the open world kills and removing marks from their accounts or suspending them... and only them... from picking up the weekly. as usual, pvpers get punished for something pvers are doing.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4