+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: could we please have a que system for heals in wf's

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    Some matches require people to change from dps to healer or the other way around. Depending on how the match is going.

Role changing during matches can turn a loss in to a win. So why limit that possibility?

Sometimes its only after the first contact with the enemy when you realize you need an extra healer, or more dps.
    Sometimes its halfway through the match you realize it.
    A lot of problems in Rift pvp comes from the fact that both Trion and the players consider it a minigame. It's not really a serious mode.

LFG tool works in PVE, why can't it work in PVP?
    -People would queue up as heals to get fast queues then switch back to DPS.
    Ok, why won't people do it in PVE as well to get faster queues?
    Because if they do it they'll get kicked.
    You can't do that in PVP.

-What if people want to change to heal ( or dps ) to benefit the teams in specific situations?
    I don't know how the PVE scene is now but back in the days some fights an AoE heal was useful, and people willingly did it. If a tank had some trouble, people would ( well, sometime ) be patient, help him, or someone else would offer to tank and allow him to go DPS instead.

Why doesn't it happen in PVP? 1 healer on 15 man team asks for more healers, the raid is dead silent, no one switch no one talks. Everyone's crossing fingers that someone else will switch.

In PVE everyone tries his best to win, not just because they don't want to look ******ed and useless and never get invited again ( which you can't do in PVP ) but also because they care about the outcome.

In PVP? Not so much. I mean everyone wants the bonus favors on a win, but they're not that willing to do anything for it.

Everyone, Devs and players alike, treat PVP as a minigame compared to PVP.
    It sucks for those who do nothing but PVP in Rift, but that's how it is.

It's sad ( and paradoxal a bit ) but as long as people treat PVP like a minigame, such a system could not work.
    And if people actually considered PVP a serious thing and tried their hardest? Then such a system would not be needed because people would do what they need to do to win ( or at least give themselves the best chances to win ), just like they do in PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    I don't know how the PVE scene is now but back in the days some fights an AoE heal was useful, and people willingly did it. If a tank had some trouble, people would ( well, sometime ) be patient, help him, or someone else would offer to tank and allow him to go DPS instead.

In PVE everyone tries his best to win, not just because they don't want to look ******ed and useless and never get invited again ( which you can't do in PVP ) but also because they care about the outcome.
    You've seen people help out a random tank instead of kicking when pugging dungeons? Have you seen this recently? Most pugs nowadays immediately kick someone who is not performing at their (the other puggers') expected level.

Also, in PvE everyone tries their hardest? What shard are you on cause that's where I want to join. Just spend 1 minute looking through this forum and you'll see plenty of anecdotal evidence of PvE-ers not bothering to carry their own weight. Heck, I've seen it too - T1-2 geared PvE-ers pullling 5k dps in dungeons and chrons and on more than a couple occasions.

I think you are oversimplifying the strategy required for successful PvP matches - and its not enforcing healer queues (imo at least).

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    A lot of problems in Rift pvp comes from the fact that both Trion and the players consider it a minigame. It's not really a serious mode.

LFG tool works in PVE, why can't it work in PVP?
    -People would queue up as heals to get fast queues then switch back to DPS.
    Ok, why won't people do it in PVE as well to get faster queues?
    Because if they do it they'll get kicked.
    You can't do that in PVP.

-What if people want to change to heal ( or dps ) to benefit the teams in specific situations?

Why doesn't it happen in PVP? 1 healer on 15 man team asks for more healers, the raid is dead silent, no one switch no one talks. Everyone's crossing fingers that someone else will switch.

In PVP? Not so much. I mean everyone wants the bonus favors on a win, but they're not that willing to do anything for it.

Everyone, Devs and players alike, treat PVP as a minigame compared to PVP.
    It sucks for those who do nothing but PVP in Rift, but that's how it is.

It's sad ( and paradoxal a bit ) but as long as people treat PVP like a minigame, such a system could not work.
    And if people actually considered PVP a serious thing and tried their hardest? Then such a system would not be needed because people would do what they need to do to win ( or at least give themselves the best chances to win ), just like they do in PVE.
    simply healing in PvE requires less skill, less gear, and people are not so aggressive minded for healers failures as they are in PvP, secondly, people in PvP mostly are for kills, people who likes healing usually prefer PvE activities. Another thing is in PvE you fighting monsters, and there is set goal in dps/hps to succeed, in PvP you have outperform other team, and more or less half people are on loser side, so you make half people participating in wf unhappy and they come to forum complain, when in NTE there no unhappy people, if you succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Coldsprite View Post
    You've seen people help out a random tank instead of kicking when pugging dungeons? Have you seen this recently? Most pugs nowadays immediately kick someone who is not performing at their (the other puggers') expected level.
    personally i ever ready stand as a tank, if i accidently get dps role and tank can't do it, or healer, and if someone says it's their first time, i always take my time to point out important mechanics for each boss, so no need talk for everyone, and i haven't seen someone kicked in a long time for something more than getting afk/dc for extended period of time, even if their dps is awful even for fresh lvl 65 in greens

Default One Healer Yayyy

Trip down memory lane

and - can't heal in pvp anymore

Last edited by Dizbo; 05-24-2016 at 07:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3