+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: could we please scrap elo and go off something like hit for wf matchmaking

It's pretty stupid how people say that "PVE" people cant pvp because these pvp people are veteran at strafing and such meanwhile actual top tier raiders are veterans and even better at what the pvp people do and know specs and rotation better thanks to pve. I bet 90% of you pvpers don't even track raid cd's in warfronts and arent even aware if you have a latent blaze or not.

You can't and shouldn't just chuck "PVE"ers and "Raiders" and "Top Tier Raiders" into the same category. To me PVE ers and just typical casuals that do zone events and crap, raiders are just your average raider who still fall into the PVE ers category, they arent good at strafing or any of the such, meanwhile top tier raiders are just a huge jump.

I know more good "PVE"ers then I do good PVPers just because they're simply brilliant at both.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post
    You know thats silly ... most PM's q 2-3 dps and 1-2 heals that in and of it self is > than most pug raids .... even if the pm isnt super tight ... even if they dont assist ... at least there is some class balance

10 lol dps .... and no heals hows that going to go ...
    I've seen plenty of premades with no heals (and no recon vials) at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    It's pretty stupid how people say that "PVE" people cant pvp because these pvp people are veteran at strafing and such meanwhile actual top tier raiders are veterans and even better at what the pvp people do and know specs and rotation better thanks to pve. I bet 90% of you pvpers don't even track raid cd's in warfronts and arent even aware if you have a latent blaze or not.

You can't and shouldn't just chuck "PVE"ers and "Raiders" and "Top Tier Raiders" into the same category. To me PVE ers and just typical casuals that do zone events and crap, raiders are just your average raider who still fall into the PVE ers category, they arent good at strafing or any of the such, meanwhile top tier raiders are just a huge jump.

I know more good "PVE"ers then I do good PVPers just because they're simply brilliant at both.
    I agree, not all PvEers are raiders. not all raiders are successful at it (clearing un-nerfed top tier content).
    however, what is a viable spec in PvE isn't always a viable spec in PvP, and vice versa.
    sometimes following the optimized rotation isn't such a good idea in PvP, as you need to burst now, before the other guy does, or else your dead.

also, there aren't any good PvPers left in rift, they all left long ago in search of more accommodating games.
    the best of what's left now are raiders.

Warfronts are all one-sided now.

Matchmaking seems to be..

*Put all of the highest geared players on the same team. (Premades or not)
    *Massage their ego's by putting them against low geared players.
    [No longer an active player]

Champion

nah its more about some classes dealing WAY higher damage per hit than others. biggest examples are pyros and the single target primalist and certain other big hit souls versus dot based pvp souls.

pyro one of the biggest examples of OP in wf. 3-5 shots on most players and theyre gone. can't heal through most of the damage regardless of how good healing you are .

oh wow ill toss 8 dots on ya , watch it do next to no damage while 3-5 of yours easy kill me lol or some other punk steals ALL my damn kills . ( yes I play pyro , but no I am not working on gearing him I am working on gearing my cleric which currently is the most frustrating to gear in pvp.

King of Slackers

qq
    /10charorwahteverftwl2pgg
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2