+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Since when?

  1. #1
    Plane Touched KiwiRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    263

    Default Since when?

    Since when have people been able to spam the warfront chat to get someone marked as afk, then I get NO MESSAGE to tell me to interact with something, even though I was mid fight already...
    Then it insta kicks..

  2. #2
    Plane Touched KiwiRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    263

    Default

    This better not be intended, as it is EXTREMELY abusable.

    Not to mention this is a one hour debuff now, because the system was abused.
    Last edited by KiwiRage; 03-26-2016 at 09:16 PM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    you weren't mid fight, you were sitting in the empty whitefall base waiting to be carried to a win/loss.
    if you were mid fight, the one minute debuff would have fallen off you due to being engaged in combat.

    the spam is not intended, but is what is required to get an afker marked these days.
    the one hour disgrace debuff is entirely intended.

    there was no abuse of any system. you had one minute within which to interact with an enemy player.
    the spam was to get 50% of the team to mark you as afk, which is what is required to apply the one minute debuff. once the debuff was applied, the spam stopped. the one minute timer on the debuff ticked down, then you were kicked.
    feel free to ask a GM to look into it for you. they might not like the spam, but they'll absolutely agree you earned your kick.

    @Trion, we'd really like an anti-afk system that doesn't require spam to actually do its job, please.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched KiwiRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    you weren't mid fight, you were sitting in the empty whitefall base waiting to be carried to a win/loss.
    if you were mid fight, the one minute debuff would have fallen off you due to being engaged in combat.

    the spam is not intended, but is what is required to get an afker marked these days.
    the one hour disgrace debuff is entirely intended.

    there was no abuse of any system. you had one minute within which to interact with an enemy player.
    the spam was to get 50% of the team to mark you as afk, which is what is required to apply the one minute debuff. once the debuff was applied, the spam stopped. the one minute timer on the debuff ticked down, then you were kicked.
    feel free to ask a GM to look into it for you. they might not like the spam, but they'll absolutely agree you earned your kick.

    @Trion, we'd really like an anti-afk system that doesn't require spam to actually do its job, please.
    I was not waiting to be carried to any bloody thing kiddo.

    That team was pathetic in the fact that when we got wiped the first time, I was top dps on that team in FULL BARD. Now u tell me the point in bothering to continue???

    I had NO notification of any one minute debuff that was applied to me, this needs to be put in place. immediately.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    I was not waiting to be carried to any bloody thing kiddo.

    That team was pathetic in the fact that when we got wiped the first time, I was top dps on that team in FULL BARD. Now u tell me the point in bothering to continue???
    it was whitefall, a map notorious for turn arounds and seeing the team that loses the fight winning the match.
    so the fight at mid was lost... so what? get thieving. there is more to pvp than "run to mid and derp till one side falls over".

    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    I had NO notification of any one minute debuff that was applied to me, this needs to be put in place. immediately.
    the one minute debuff was quite clear on the raid frames.
    then there was all that spam....
    the spam should have been warning enough, to be honest.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Meduza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    Since when have people been able to spam the warfront chat to get someone marked as afk, then I get NO MESSAGE to tell me to interact with something, even though I was mid fight already...
    Then it insta kicks..
    I don't understand when you say you got no message... but people were spamming WF chat to mark you as afk ?? Isn't that message enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    That team was pathetic in the fact that when we got wiped the first time, I was top dps on that team in FULL BARD. Now u tell me the point in bothering to continue???
    Seems like they wanted to keep trying, and you wanted to give up. There is always hope. Especially only after 1 wipe. Even if it seems totally lopsided, you never know if your team might get some late additions to turn the tide. If you give up right away you will never know. But it does happen. ALOT

    Since when?-funny-mouse-helmet-cheese-never-give-up-pics.jpg

    Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

  7. #7
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    512

    Default

    If you sit there not participating then i am afraid it was fully deserved. If you had known ..what would you do ..fire one shot to keep you active and leave it at that so the rest did not have any barding? Why didn't you do the decent thing and leave in the the first place so others could participate? It's people like you that the one hour is meant to eliminate.
    Last edited by MoMo1; 03-27-2016 at 06:10 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple KeiraT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    147

    Default

    What annoys me most is the people who stand at spawning area entire game and just spam buffs so as to not be kicked as AFK. Also when a game is clearly lost in Black Garden and everyone stays on the ridge, I expect them to throw themselves on the oppositions swords so i can get a few more sneaky kills
    Last edited by KeiraT; 03-27-2016 at 07:37 AM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Heh. Busted, are we?

    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    That team was pathetic in the fact that when we got wiped the first time, I was top dps on that team in FULL BARD. Now u tell me the point in bothering to continue???
    So what are you saying?
    Because now you seem to be saying 'there was no point in bothering to continue' but your first post says that you were actually "bothering to continue" and were fighting.

    So which is it?

    If you come in and ********/lie about a situation, at least try to get your lies straight. It's pathetic to be a liar especially on such issues, but it's even worse if you make it obvious for everyone to see.

    As for the other thing
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    I had NO notification of any one minute debuff that was applied to me, this needs to be put in place. immediately.
    HELL NO.
    There should NEVER be any notification at all.

    You should be trying your *** off and fighting every single minute you're in a warfront.
    Not just when you receive a warning you're about to get kicked.
    What the hell would be the point of such a warning? To point out to AFK's that afk'ing in a warfront is bad?

    If you don't get that the minute you set the foot in your first warfront ever, stop pvp'ing and do something simpler like gathering artifacts or building a dimension until the end of your days.

    A warning like that would only serve people who AFK on purpose.
    The only use it to tell them when it's OK to keep on afk'ing, and when they have to actually do something to prevent being kicked. It's the dumbest feature one could imagine. Does absolutely nothing against AFK's, but does something FOR them.

    --

    The afk-report system isn't abusable. Mostly because it doesn't work half the time unless every single person report or something...

    You know what is abusable, on the other hand? AFK'ing.
    You do nothing in the entire game and you get free favors.
    And sometime you get a free win, pulled by the teeth by your teammates even tho they were playing outnumbered because of your stupid *** giving up after a wipe and sitting in spawn.

    Now THIS is abusabed ( and abused all the time ) and something should be done about THIS.

    But someone getting kicked off with no warnings? Perfectly fine.
    1 hour deserter debuff and you cry your soul out?

    If I was in charge of that **** ( or most PVP'ers I'd assume ) you'd get much more than that.
    Take that as a lesson, and stop giving up/afk'ing.

    Who cares if you're top DPS as bard. All it means is that your team is terrible and unless your elo is like in the 6 digits, the other team is certainly equally terrible.

    As Kronos pointed out, turnaround happens. And if they don't? Who cares. At least ****ing try. Even if you're gonna lose 90% of the time, so what? You'll win 10% more than if you sit in spawn and wait for it to end. It's still something. Plus, you won't ruin the experience of everyone else who wants to keep trying ( which I assume there were many, if they bothered kicking you out to get another player willing to play the game ).

    If they changed something to the afk system to make it work, now that makes my day. AFK's are a plague in pvp.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiRage View Post
    I was not waiting to be carried to any bloody thing kiddo.

    That team was pathetic in the fact that when we got wiped the first time, I was top dps on that team in FULL BARD. Now u tell me the point in bothering to continue???

    I had NO notification of any one minute debuff that was applied to me, this needs to be put in place. immediately.
    "Now u tell me the point in bothering to continue???"

    You chose to go inactive, and you need Trion to you tell this? I am not getting this, were you not aware of your own action? That does not any sense, the moment you go AFK you are in violation of the Code of Conduct and may be removed from the WF. Trion does not need to give any notification at all, since you are breaking the CoC.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 03-27-2016 at 08:05 AM.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker Sekirach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    you weren't mid fight, you were sitting in the empty whitefall base waiting to be carried to a win/loss.
    if you were mid fight, the one minute debuff would have fallen off you due to being engaged in combat.

    the spam is not intended, but is what is required to get an afker marked these days.
    the one hour disgrace debuff is entirely intended.

    there was no abuse of any system. you had one minute within which to interact with an enemy player.
    the spam was to get 50% of the team to mark you as afk, which is what is required to apply the one minute debuff. once the debuff was applied, the spam stopped. the one minute timer on the debuff ticked down, then you were kicked.
    feel free to ask a GM to look into it for you. they might not like the spam, but they'll absolutely agree you earned your kick.

    @Trion, we'd really like an anti-afk system that doesn't require spam to actually do its job, please.
    what he said.

  12. #12
    Champion LSUdogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    513

    Default

    i agree with the responses 100%. just as expected of pvers in raids, you don't pull your weight; you get booted. same should go in wfs. you're there to fight, capture flags, conquer, and die repeatedly if necessary to win. i respect butkus a lot, but this is one thing i do disagree with: you should play until the bell rings. i'd rather be teamed with a bunch of potatoes that are actually trying but are far outclassed than stuck with a bunch of afkers. you don't like it? leave. let someone else come in that will actually try.

    as far as the afk system, that is a joke. something needs to be done with it. there shouldn't be a warning to give you a heads up to cast or kill a critter. also it shouldn't take 1/2 the team to vote kick... most never notice from actually trying to win to see what's going on.

    god i hate sparklers...


    -edited to add: and yes, i AM a rager in wfs when it comes to things going wrong, but know this- i'm notmadbro. yelling seems to be the only thing that gets these idiots' attention. and if you think ragetelling me some garbage then putting me on ignore hurts my feelings, you're mistaken. i have a folder full of screenshots i consider trophies of such. =]
    Last edited by LSUdogg; 03-27-2016 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added statement.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

  13. #13
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    458

    Default

    The OP got entirely what he deserved. And to come on here and try to moan about it takes some cheek.. Serves you right pal, double pwned for your pathetic gutless quitting.
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    134

    Default

    97% of the time the one standing at the spawn calling everyone else a potato are, in fact, bad.

    It's like some players can't wait to be the first person in the wf to start talking about how bad their team is, just so they can claim immunity to the fact they are bad.

    on topic, yeah you got what you had coming man
    ...next.
    dibs@pveshard
    RIP guyhax/horsesock

  15. #15
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LSUdogg View Post
    most never notice from actually trying to win to see what's going on.
    I mean I'm sure most notice. It's hard not to, but I think most just don't care enough to do anything. If I see someone afk, I'll report them and that's it. I'm not here to make sure you're participating, I'm here to kill sh*t...
    Last edited by Artewig; 03-27-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts