Thread: [video] - Meduza - 'Hypnotic'

Default [video] - Meduza - 'Hypnotic'

Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

you should make a harb video
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

I especially liked the Awakened and Spit battles, as imo those are two top tier rogues.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Meduza View Post
    Baabadook approves of this video.

Pyro is ranged, has more CC and more Break frees than the majority of pvp viable builds in warfronts, not only that but the majority of your highlights were all 1v1 or 1v2 skirmishes away from any actual objectives, in some parts you were literally luring people away to 1v1 you. They fell for it, so their own fault, but next time show some actual WF's, not duels in WF's.

And congratz you beat an ace assassin as he was (surprise surprise) not in stealth, and capping an objective. I wonder how many times he caught you with your pants down that you didn't show.

So basically, all that video says is "look how OP my OP class can be!" I especially laughed when you 1v1'd the freaking vulcanist, as if it had any actual chance of ever beating you. Even if it had freaking full t4 ( yes t4 that hasn't even been created in game yet lol ) it still would lose every single time due to sheer mechanics of the game, and nothing else.

Obviously you're a good player, and this post will come across as being "lolrektmadscrub" but the truth is like I said before, OP class doing OP things, nothing really amazing other than the fact that trion still lets cancer classes like Pyro and MM ruin pvp for everyone else.Good music though, I added the song to my playlist.
    Last edited by Orochan; 03-26-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    I added the song to my playlist.
    It is a good song have had it on my own playlist for quite some time. Pyro is powerfull, more powerfull than MM in my opinion. I'm personaly more impressed by players who play melee extremely well.
    Last edited by KeiraT; 03-26-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Pyro is ranged, has more CC and more Break frees than the majority of pvp viable builds in warfronts, not only that but the majority of your highlights were all 1v1 or 1v2 skirmishes away from any actual objectives, in some parts you were literally luring people away to 1v1 you. They fell for it, so their own fault, but next time show some actual WF's, not duels in WF's.

And congratz you beat an ace assassin as he was (surprise surprise) not in stealth, and capping an objective. I wonder how many times he caught you with your pants down that you didn't show.

So basically, all that video says is "look how OP my OP class can be!" I especially laughed when you 1v1'd the freaking vulcanist, as if it had any actual chance of ever beating you. Even if it had freaking full t4 ( yes t4 that hasn't even been created in game yet lol ) it still would lose every single time due to sheer mechanics of the game, and nothing else.

Obviously you're a good player, and this post will come across as being "lolrektmadscrub" but the truth is like I said before, OP class doing OP things, nothing really amazing other than the fact that trion still lets cancer classes like Pyro and MM ruin pvp for everyone else.Good music though, I added the song to my playlist.
    r we watchin the same vid m8? first fight his team is down 2-0 in whitefall with 3rd flag on way to be capped he solos into their spawn allowing his team to steal one with 30 sec to spare before the match ended.

2nd fight he picks up a rune and kills 3 ppl including a 90khp phys

3rd and 4th fights he is defending far point on kr dom solo, a death wish for anything but a sin, and worth more points to the team. he doesnt just rek that sin, he reks that sin with another person attacking him. that sin was out played

5th fight he is again guarding far point solo, probably accounting for all of his teams points that match, this time on bg dom, killing a bis geared MM while being 1v5'd

lolrektmadscrub is right
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 03-26-2016 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    r we watchin the same vid m8? first fight his team is down 2-0 in whitefall with 3rd flag on way to be capped he solos into their spawn allowing his team to steal one with 30 sec to spare before the match ended.

3rd and 4th fights he is defending far point on kr dom solo, a death wish for anything but a sin, and worth more points to the team. he doesnt just rek that sin, he reks that sin with another person attacking him. that sin was out played

5th fight he is again guarding far point solo, this time on bg dom, killing a bis geared MM while being 1v5'd

lolrektmadscrub is right
    yeah but it's pyro.

i would really like to see a harb video instead.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    yeah but it's pyro.

i would really like to see a harb video instead.
    idk, harb is pretty crazy too ;A;
    Last edited by Wonski; 03-26-2016 at 11:07 AM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Plane Walker

5th fight he is again guarding far point solo, probably accounting for all of his teams points that match, this time on bg dom, killing a bis geared MM while being 1v5'd

lolrektmadscrub is right
    yeah i pretty much saw the same thing, so i'd agree with you, even though it's still lolpyro

+10 for Spit kill lol
    Last edited by Wonski; 03-26-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Wonski View Post
    idk, harb is pretty crazy too ;A;
    is it? ;)

anyway now that i actually look at that fight vs awakened, those of you calling him a top tier rogue are a bit off the mark here. he doesn't put up a single bleed and wastes his first gcd inside the 5 second thread of death window while in melee on anathema on.. a pyro. 4 seconds later there's still no jagged strike, so no cloak and dagger (15% damage/15% mitigation).

that is not how a top tier sin plays.

had awakened actually knew what he was doing, meduza would have eaten dirt long before he had a chance to channel fussilade.
    Last edited by ecru; 03-26-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

r we watchin the same vid m8?
    I get the idea that you think you're Rift's Conor Mcgregor. I.E your smack talk is weak, and when faced with the challenge of a bigger man, you get choked out in the second round~ Props to that never ending, if undeserving, confidence though.

However, I'm bored, so let's do this.

Keep in mind what I actually said FYI.

The "majority" of his fights were just 1v1's, or 1v2's with no actual objective based play. Also, I respect medusa is a good player, skill is skill, however, Pyro is OP, and very unfair to 99% of all other pvp specs, no real debate there.

first fight his team is down 2-0 in whitefall with 3rd flag on way to be capped he solos into their spawn allowing his team to steal one with 30 sec to spare before the match ended.
    https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=13s

^ 13 secs into the video, he finds a lone straggler and 1v1's. Looks like a chloro, but I can't tell. 81k hp means t1/t2 gear mix, but again, can't tell. Soon as chloro dies, another straggler comes in. Keep in mind, the chloro died, so this is not a 1v2, this is a 1v1, followed by a 1v1.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=22s

This 1v1 is against a 68k hp pyro, which means no gear. Sub 70k hp in WF's is cake. Everyone knows this. No surprise who wins.

So the first TWO "highlights" are 1v1's against stragglers, with sub par gear.

Then meduza leaves the straggler to die, presumably to countdown, as he enters

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=32s

1v3, and makes it a 2v3. Meduza actually slips up and targets the tank ( 97k hp, looks like justicar ) and waste several seconds on him, then switches targets to a tempest. Meduza's CD's are down from the two straggler 1v1's he just did, and he literally

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=40s

just bails on his teammate marksman, teamwork amirite?

The tempest for whatever reason decides to chase after Meduza, either he killed the marksman, or just said w/e. Meduza realize the tempest is still chasing him and then enters, wait for it................

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=52s

The THIRD 1v1 isolated duel in a WF, out of FOUR fights so far, in the first minute of his highlight video. Meduza's CD's are back up now for the most part, while I assume the tempest has his CD's down since he was just fighting the marksman earlier. Another easy kill.

Meduza gets jumped as soon as she kills the tempest by another pyro, a reaver and what looks like a chloro ( I can't tell tbh )

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=1m7s

Meduza outplays them all by LoSing the channels, and picking up the heal regen buff. Kills the Reaver first, allows his teammate to pick up one stone, kills the chloro second, then meduza gets a short reprieve, and then 1v1's a 75k hp pyro ( again, he significantly outgears most of the opponents he's been facing if I am assuming right based on his own 86k HP )

Meduza finally dies to the tempest that respawned and most likely marked meduza with a sad face since he wanted revenge. PvPers do that, I know I have.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=2m7s

First 1v1 is against a vulcanist, which stands absolutely no chance at all, and Meduza blows him up in the water. Primalist consistently take more damage in pvp, and do less damage in pvp than any other class, not only that, Primalist straight up have less utility than all other callings because trion was lazy.

Take a look at the primalist thread talking about how their masteries hit for less than HALF of what the same masteries hit/heal for with other classes. Primalist are broken in the bad way, they may be awesome for PVE, but for pvp only preserver is viable, again everyone knows this.

Moving on, Meduza gets a 1-2 sec reprieve, and then 1v1's a 71k hp marksman.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=2m17s

Again, I stress this, 71k hp means SIGNIFICANTLY less geared. This hightlight so far isn't a testament to meduza's skill but rather his gear/stats/LOLITSPYRO

there has only been one skillful play so far in this video, and that was when meduza got the regen hp buff in WF I mentioned earlier. Moving on again.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=2m26s

Meduza starts a 1v1 with a phys, and then I assume CC's the enemy marksman that jumps in, to go right back to blowing up the phys. I honestly dunno what the phys was doing, maybe he thought he could abandon healing and dps meduza down since he was already low hp + had stone. But I'll give meduza the benefit of the doubt and say this phys was an ace player. This still only makes it his second "skilled" play so far in the entire video, where his gear and soul didn't just bulldoze through mechanics for him.

The marksman get's un-CC'd and kills Meduza. Onto the next segment.

lolrektmadscrub is right
    Meduza is again, in a 1v1,

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=2m52s

this time against a shaman. I'm not going to even bother with that one. Shaman has 1 break free, and 1 charge, and 1 hard CC. You do the math. Shaman is well geared, but geared or not, this is just the vulcanist 1v1 all over again. Meduza gets the shaman to 14k hp before the inquisitor hops in.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=3m

Inquisitor has 78k hp, so mix of pvp + t1 gear, inquis looks like it's a straight up PVE'r with it's 100% lack of movement and not even realizing Meduza was doing the melee tactic of hopping behind someone. Literally the inq didn't even turn, and she wasn't stunned. Also tbh, she just didn't play inq very well either.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=3m13s

At this point ^, I'm just stopping. I don't need to go any further. I said the majority of Meduza's video was just 1v1's or 1v2's against vastly lesser geared opponents, and with no real objective based play of the WF, and I was right. Majority implies more than, and Meduza had more 1v1's ad 1v2's than anything else in that video. Props to him for the two skilled plays he did make though, like I said, I know he's a good player, skill is skill, however all this video proves is how OP pyro is compared to every other class in the game as far as PVP is concerned. Two break frees + ride the wind, Four ( I think? ) or Five CC's, one being tied to an OGCD interrupt, now add range + burst into the mix, yeah. Nerf Pyro, nerf Marksman, even nerf inquisitor utility ( though inquisitor is the smallest offender by far in that trio )

As for the sin he "wrecked" you show your bias because everyone knows a sin who doesn't get the first hit is at a huge disadvantage, also, the sin was more than likely just caught off guard, maybe panicked, maybe it wasn't his day, it still doesn't change the fact that it's LOLPYRO vs another MELEE class with ONE break free. ( 2 if you count leaping plunge, which isn't really a break free but whatever ) This is nothing to brag about.

Ranged classes shouldn't get this much utility, they are -ranged- for a reason, and this video shows how much of a joke melee is in pvp. Harb is no different either, absurd CC, absurd utility, and you think they're melee until you realize they get 35m range buff on all melee attacks. ( para's only get 20m and only on -certain- attacks. It is way more limited than harb's buff )

Well anyways, have at it. Inb4someonepostI'mmadbecauseitypedoutalongresponse

I get the idea that you think you're Rift's Conor Mcgregor. I.E your smack talk is weak, and when faced with the challenge of a bigger man, you get choked out in the second round~ Props to that never ending, if undeserving, confidence though.

However, I'm bored, so let's do this.

Keep in mind what I actually said FYI.

The "majority" of his fights were just 1v1's, or 1v2's with no actual objective based play. Also, I respect medusa is a good player, skill is skill, however, Pyro is OP, and very unfair to 99% of all other pvp specs, no real debate there.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=13s

^ 13 secs into the video, he finds a lone straggler and 1v1's. Looks like a chloro, but I can't tell. 81k hp means t1/t2 gear mix, but again, can't tell. Soon as chloro dies, another straggler comes in. Keep in mind, the chloro died, so this is not a 1v2, this is a 1v1, followed by a 1v1.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=22s

This 1v1 is against a 68k hp pyro, which means no gear. Sub 70k hp in WF's is cake. Everyone knows this. No surprise who wins.

So the first TWO "highlights" are 1v1's against stragglers, with sub par gear.

Then meduza leaves the straggler to die, presumably to countdown, as he enters

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=32s

1v3, and makes it a 2v3. Meduza actually slips up and targets the tank ( 97k hp, looks like justicar ) and waste several seconds on him, then switches targets to a tempest. Meduza's CD's are down from the two straggler 1v1's he just did, and he literally

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=40s

just bails on his teammate marksman, teamwork amirite?

The tempest for whatever reason decides to chase after Meduza, either he killed the marksman, or just said w/e. Meduza realize the tempest is still chasing him and then enters, wait for it................

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=52s

The THIRD 1v1 isolated duel in a WF, out of FOUR fights so far, in the first minute of his highlight video. Meduza's CD's are back up now for the most part, while I assume the tempest has his CD's down since he was just fighting the marksman earlier. Another easy kill.

Meduza gets jumped as soon as she kills the tempest by another pyro, a reaver and what looks like a chloro ( I can't tell tbh )

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=1m7s

Meduza outplays them all by LoSing the channels, and picking up the heal regen buff. Kills the Reaver first, allows his teammate to pick up one stone, kills the chloro second, then meduza gets a short reprieve, and then 1v1's a 75k hp pyro ( again, he significantly outgears most of the opponents he's been facing if I am assuming right based on his own 86k HP )

Meduza finally dies to the tempest that respawned and most likely marked meduza with a sad face since he wanted revenge. PvPers do that, I know I have.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=2m7s

First 1v1 is against a vulcanist, which stands absolutely no chance at all, and Meduza blows him up in the water. Primalist consistently take more damage in pvp, and do less damage in pvp than any other class, not only that, Primalist straight up have less utility than all other callings because trion was lazy.

Take a look at the primalist thread talking about how their masteries hit for less than HALF of what the same masteries hit/heal for with other classes. Primalist are broken in the bad way, they may be awesome for PVE, but for pvp only preserver is viable, again everyone knows this.

Moving on, Meduza gets a 1-2 sec reprieve, and then 1v1's a 71k hp marksman.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=2m17s

Again, I stress this, 71k hp means SIGNIFICANTLY less geared. This hightlight so far isn't a testament to meduza's skill but rather his gear/stats/LOLITSPYRO

there has only been one skillful play so far in this video, and that was when meduza got the regen hp buff in WF I mentioned earlier. Moving on again.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=2m26s

Meduza starts a 1v1 with a phys, and then I assume CC's the enemy marksman that jumps in, to go right back to blowing up the phys. I honestly dunno what the phys was doing, maybe he thought he could abandon healing and dps meduza down since he was already low hp + had stone. But I'll give meduza the benefit of the doubt and say this phys was an ace player. This still only makes it his second "skilled" play so far in the entire video, where his gear and soul didn't just bulldoze through mechanics for him.

The marksman get's un-CC'd and kills Meduza. Onto the next segment.

Meduza is again, in a 1v1,

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=2m52s

this time against a shaman. I'm not going to even bother with that one. Shaman has 1 break free, and 1 charge, and 1 hard CC. You do the math. Shaman is well geared, but geared or not, this is just the vulcanist 1v1 all over again. Meduza gets the shaman to 14k hp before the inquisitor hops in.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=3m

Inquisitor has 78k hp, so mix of pvp + t1 gear, inquis looks like it's a straight up PVE'r with it's 100% lack of movement and not even realizing Meduza was doing the melee tactic of hopping behind someone. Literally the inq didn't even turn, and she wasn't stunned. Also tbh, she just didn't play inq very well either.

https://youtu.be/neYg9a_BZgQ?t=3m13s

At this point ^, I'm just stopping. I don't need to go any further. I said the majority of Meduza's video was just 1v1's or 1v2's against vastly lesser geared opponents, and with no real objective based play of the WF, and I was right. Majority implies more than, and Meduza had more 1v1's ad 1v2's than anything else in that video. Props to him for the two skilled plays he did make though, like I said, I know he's a good player, skill is skill, however all this video proves is how OP pyro is compared to every other class in the game as far as PVP is concerned. Two break frees + ride the wind, Four ( I think? ) or Five CC's, one being tied to an OGCD interrupt, now add range + burst into the mix, yeah. Nerf Pyro, nerf Marksman, even nerf inquisitor utility ( though inquisitor is the smallest offender by far in that trio )

As for the sin he "wrecked" you show your bias because everyone knows a sin who doesn't get the first hit is at a huge disadvantage, also, the sin was more than likely just caught off guard, maybe panicked, maybe it wasn't his day, it still doesn't change the fact that it's LOLPYRO vs another MELEE class with ONE break free. ( 2 if you count leaping plunge, which isn't really a break free but whatever ) This is nothing to brag about.

Ranged classes shouldn't get this much utility, they are -ranged- for a reason, and this video shows how much of a joke melee is in pvp. Harb is no different either, absurd CC, absurd utility, and you think they're melee until you realize they get 35m range buff on all melee attacks. ( para's only get 20m and only on -certain- attacks. It is way more limited than harb's buff )

Well anyways, have at it. Inb4someonepostI'mmadbecauseitypedoutalongresponse
    Show us on the timestamp where meduza touched you

Show us on the timestamp where meduza touched you
    lol. Predictable.

Still trying to find someone to explain to me whats the fun part about one-shoting blue geared guys with no skill in this game.

Its like getting matched against Bronze guys if you are Diamond elo in LoL. It surely is a good laugh but there's absolutely no point in it at all. Being proud PvP-er in rift is most pathetic thing ever. Killing 65k hp guys left and right is just.. meh.....
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast