+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: [video] - Meduza - 'Hypnotic'

Champion of Telara

As always, I enjoyed your vid. Great situational awareness, great example of the spec.
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    Pyro is ranged, has more CC and more Break frees than the majority of pvp viable builds in warfronts, not only that but the majority of your highlights were all 1v1 or 1v2 skirmishes away from any actual objectives, in some parts you were literally luring people away to 1v1 you. They fell for it, so their own fault, but next time show some actual WF's, not duels in WF's.
    By all means, go check out the rest of his videos then. Perhaps this one would be more to your liking, as Meduza crushes 4+ at Scope as well as Vault: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQr554POgKY
    Last edited by Nefelia; 03-26-2016 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    Still trying to find someone to explain to me whats the fun part about one-shoting blue geared guys with no skill in this game.

Its like getting matched against Bronze guys if you are Diamond elo in LoL. It surely is a good laugh but there's absolutely no point in it at all. Being proud PvP-er in rift is most pathetic thing ever. Killing 65k hp guys left and right is just.. meh.....
    Same could be said about raiding in rift compared to wow, yet here you are bragging about rift raiding in your sig. World first when there's 5 other competitors? ? Wowow
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 03-26-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    By all means, go check out the rest of his videos then. Perhaps this one would be more to your liking, as Meduza crushes 4+ at Scope as well as Vault: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQr554POgKY
    I know who meduza is, and what he can do in WF's. I've stated multiple times he is a skilled player. What I'm getting at is that in this specific video,the majority of his highlights are 1v1s or 1v2s against substantially lesser geared opponents or opponents playing melee specs, coupled with the fact that he's a pyro. I.E back to my original statement "look at my OP class doing OP things"

Your attempt at being passive aggressive and witty failed due to your folly of doing any actual reading of the information at hand, be smarter next time, you can do better.

Your attempt at being passive aggressive and witty failed due to your folly
    don't forget to tip your fedora m8

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    don't forget to tip your fedora m8
    The hilarity in that statement. Chances are you're the local internet tough guy neckbeard bro. Not me. You can't even debate on a forum properly where you have time to do basic research, instead you resort to grade level trolling lol. Your whole gimmick is "look at me I say stupid things" You're Donald Trump, but without the wealth.

Once again, predictable. Honestly, it's like you're just reading out of a internet trolling handbook at this point. I know now what I assumed earlier really, you would choke when presented with an actual argument.

Anyways, my final statements :

- Good recording software/FPS/Quality on the video

- Show more actual WF objectives, less 1v1's with under geared opponents

- Rift pvp is a joke anyways, but I can respect meduza's hobby of putting out videos.
    Last edited by Orochan; 03-26-2016 at 08:53 PM.

Pyro is a bit like MM -- really shines in groups and a wee bit weaker in 1vs1, 1vs2.. but certain players like OP makes it shine in those situations too.

I was surprised to not see any 'rift tomb' uses to lure out a precious use of break free.
    H / K O X B O X

Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    yeah but it's pyro.

i would really like to see a harb video instead.
    Plenty of good players out there who Harb regularly in warfronts. I'd like to see Einhander make a video or two.

Ascendant

I know who meduza is, and what he can do in WF's. I've stated multiple times he is a skilled player. What I'm getting at is that in this specific video,the majority of his highlights are 1v1s or 1v2s against substantially lesser geared opponents or opponents playing melee specs, coupled with the fact that he's a pyro. I.E back to my original statement "look at my OP class doing OP things"

Your attempt at being passive aggressive and witty failed due to your folly of doing any actual reading of the information at hand, be smarter next time, you can do better.
    If you see passive aggressive behaviour on my part, then you are simply projecting. I prefer to keep my PvP for the warfronts. Enjoy the video or not, but sniping from the sidelines is unbecoming and unnecessary. There is no aggression in my pointing this out (nor in the rest of my response).

Meduza has provided a video for our entertainment without any bragging or claims to greatness. This game has few enough content providers, the last thing we need is to harangue the few we have with knee-jerk hostile reactions.

Here is what I see in the video:
    - clip 1: Meduza (and Voanmin) avoiding the central zerg to wreak havock behind the enemy line, killing reinforcements before they reach the center, and creating enough chaos in the enemy base to facilitate the theft of one of their stones. I see excellent use of boost orbs and good strategic sense.
    - clip 2: Meduza picks up the stone from the enemy's side of GSE, thus preventing it from being taken by one of their manugo-playing healers. Bonus: he kills one of their other stone carriers. Such play is part of the reason Meduza's team is leading 262 - 132.
    - clip 3: Capping and defending behind enemy lines... and not as a stealth rogue.
    - clip 4: Defending a cap and falling to superior numbers.
    - clip 5: Could be "look at the time I nailed Spit and bumbled into half the enemy team". Depends on Meduza's sense of humour.

It feels to me like you are missing the point of these clips by focusing only on the individual engagements while ignoring the strategic value of Meduza's gameplay. It makes me wonder just how many people are similarly missing the point of the clips from my videos. :/
    Last edited by Nefelia; 03-26-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Same could be said about raiding in rift compared to wow, yet here you are bragging about rift raiding in your sig. World first when there's 5 other competitors? ? Wowow
    At least we are competing against guilds with similar gear and skill level, which cannot be said for silly PvP-ers.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na

At least we are competing against guilds with similar gear and skill level, which cannot be said for silly PvP-ers.
    And yet somehow he has almost 800 subscribers and you have 19, I wonder why? Your guild probably can't get 800 unique steam views despite being world first. Cuz nobody cares that you beat the one other geared guild in the world
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 03-27-2016 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    you should make a harb video
    Maybe I'll give it another go.. I like to win warfronts as #1 priority. I've messed with the new harb and had limited success, always felt way more powerful / better chance to win with pyro (especially solo q)

I get the idea that you think you're Rift's Conor Mcgregor. I.E your smack talk is weak, and when faced with the challenge of a bigger man, you get choked out in the second round~ Props to that never ending, if undeserving, confidence though.

However, I'm bored, so let's do this.

.... 1,171 more words lol .....
    [video] - Meduza - 'Hypnotic'-untitled-1-copy.jpg

At least McGregor isn't afraid of a challenge. Undeserving confidence? ::Ahem:: fastest KO ever in a title fight. Against the #1 p4p fighter in the world at the time. I think the confidence is justified.

Wow, even having to watch my own video a bunch of times to edit.. I did not pay that much attention to every fight, I appreciate the effort. You should do a voice over commentary for me, for people wanting to know everything that is going on, I am not that interested.. I just like blowing stuff up in fashion.

If one part of a series of 6-7 kills includes a 1v1 against 65khp potato.. what im gonna do? Delete that one part and skip to the good players? That would completely ruin the flow of the video.

I think they are still entertaining and challenging scenarios. Were most of the opponents heavily outgeard and outskilled? Yes. Was it still a challenge to run through all of them consecutively? I died. In almost every clip. Yes. My OP class doing OP things pushed to the limit for viewer entertainment has been the benchmark for most of my videos, and most people seem to enjoy that style.

Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

Quote Originally Posted by JICHAEL View Post
    Pyro is a bit like MM -- really shines in groups and a wee bit weaker in 1vs1, 1vs2.. but certain players like OP makes it shine in those situations too.

I was surprised to not see any 'rift tomb' uses to lure out a precious use of break free.
    I don't like to use rift tomb unless I need a long CC on someone in 1vX scenario.

There is a horrible bug that makes it continue to consume charge for the full duration even if it's removed from the enemy. This can prevent having enough charge to use IC or ride the wind

Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

Someone told me the forums is where the real pvp action happens, hard to disagree haha

There isn't much we can do about that, the only thing we can do is not brag about success to often

And yet somehow he has almost 800 subscribers and you have 19, I wonder why? Your guild probably can't get 800 unique steam views despite being world first. Cuz nobody cares that you beat the one other geared guild in the world
    Tell me more how popular you guys are LOL
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast