+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: "Warmonger's Mark" meets the Conquest chest

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Escadora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default "Warmonger's Mark" meets the Conquest chest

    The interesting has gotten its spark and well deserved answer!.. Yeah yeah, Conquest has changed a bit, but the latest in its change is pretty forward and awesome, with some progression.

    -Conquest-
    *The reward chest no longer give Void stones or Heart of the Frozen
    *Instead they now grant "Abyssal Crusader Marks" by default, and whats even more rewarding is, you have a chance to get a "Warmonger's Mark"
    (pvp weeklies also grant Favor in add.)

    PvP has changed in general, but the rework will definitely smooth out some rough edges, and accelerate your gear upgrades/paths. Nothing is perfect but moving forward is always key.

    ~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

  2. #2
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    I looking forward to it. Curious how will turn out, as 20 man still not allowed. Maybe we will see more 5ers to join cq?
    I think warmonger mark is a good idea, its mainly usable for pvp gearing, so pve players not "forced" to do CQ, still gives pvp players a reason to go there and do cq, while "farming" it not possible due weekly cap. Maybe we will see less turret farming and more actual pvp. Well done.


    It has same drop rate as heart before?
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  3. #3
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    I never saw a heart in 100s of wins, this won't get me in cq

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    I looking forward to it. Curious how will turn out, as 20 man still not allowed. Maybe we will see more 5ers to join cq?
    I think warmonger mark is a good idea, its mainly usable for pvp gearing, so pve players not "forced" to do CQ, still gives pvp players a reason to go there and do cq, while "farming" it not possible due weekly cap. Maybe we will see less turret farming and more actual pvp. Well done.


    It has same drop rate as heart before?
    Someone let me know when turret-farming becomes a thing of the past. My last Conquest match (months ago) drove me away from Conquest completely when my team voted to farm turrets rather than find one of the other teams.

    PvT. Sad beyond belief.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Someone let me know when turret-farming becomes a thing of the past. My last Conquest match (months ago) drove me away from Conquest completely when my team voted to farm turrets rather than find one of the other teams.

    PvT. Sad beyond belief.
    This is because you gain more from turret farming (weekly kills, rewards raid currency). The moment you get anything meaningful out of playing CQ like PvP rather than PvE trash farm people will do it.

    The Warmonger Mark drop is certainly something but if it has the same or close to the same drop chance as the Heart of the Frozen you'll likely never going to get one. Unless you farm CQ 24/7.

    tl;dr: Find better effort/time spent vs. reward relation.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    I think warmonger mark is a good idea, its mainly usable for pvp gearing
    What do u mean 'mainly'? are there any other use for it besides the warmonger weapons?

    Once you get the warmonger weapon / >T2 weapon, warmonger marks will be useless for you.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple KeiraT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    147

    Default 2 steps back and 1 step forward

    I think CQ is pretty dead, so far with the 5 man teams the conquests on the EU server last all day. Atleast with 20 man teams you had to organise your team and have a raid leader to dominate a second pre made 20 man and ofc they didnt last all day. They should reduce the number of extractors maybe. I can see CQ becoming a warfront in the future haha 20 per faction just pumped into it through joining a random warfront.

    Giving away the possibility of a warlord mark wont get me into CQ either, the ammount of hours you would have to put into it to get one could probably earn you 15 outside of CQ. I don't need to mention the abyssal marks... I only ever got 1 heart and that was out of around 100+ wins. I don't do weeklies for now as I'm quite comfortable with my gear progression through raiding and PvP so rip CQ.
    Last edited by KeiraT; 03-24-2016 at 07:13 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Escadora View Post
    -Conquest-
    *The reward chest no longer give Void stones or Heart of the Frozen
    *Instead they now grant "Abyssal Crusader Marks" by default, and whats even more rewarding is, you have a chance to get a "Warmonger's Mark"
    (pvp weeklies also grant Favor in add.)
    Nice!

    Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    I never saw a heart in 100s of wins, this won't get me in cq
    Iīm really sorry, to say that, but I received one Heart with my first win on NA. And I canīt use it, because I own nothing who need this as upgrade. It is nothing for PvP gear.

  9. #9
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelin View Post
    What do u mean 'mainly'? are there any other use for it besides the warmonger weapons?
    Once you get the warmonger weapon / >T2 weapon, warmonger marks will be useless for you.
    I meant use warmonger in pve, who unlucky with weapon drops. Warmonger weapons perfect for pve too. It has 175 hit anyway. Getting all 3 x 3 you need 108 marks what is 18 weeks minimum if you cap 6 each week. For example me just bought my first this week, so probably for me new tier will come before I can even finish 3 healer weapons. (I heard something about adjusting wm price for weapons tough)


    Quote Originally Posted by KeiraT View Post
    I think CQ is pretty dead, so far with the 5 man teams the conquests on the EU server last all day.
    It is dead in this form. No premades, no rewards. This change a small first step. "baby steps"
    If team willing to follow, we can win 30min-1hour. There is a very good tactics for small teams. If not then yes it is takes hours but I leave before I die for boredom. I see raids filling up above 10 at weekends only.

    We will see.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  10. #10
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    I can grind a 100k favor fast enough in the WFs; still no interest in CQ.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 03-24-2016 at 07:28 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Ninnisina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KeiraT View Post
    ..Giving away the possibility of a warlord mark wont get me into CQ either, the ammount of hours you would have to put into it to get one could probably earn you 15 outside of CQ. I don't need to mention the abyssal marks... I only ever got 1 heart and that was out of around 100+ wins. I don't do weeklies for now as I'm quite comfortable with my gear progression through raiding and PvP so rip CQ.
    Yea I bet the drop rate is no better than 1 in 50 or 1 in 100, now if it was 1 in 10 ... maaaaybe it would be worth it. Seems Trion is always 3 steps behind on everything.. and all they would need to do is to listen to the Players for once!

    I gave up on CQ a few weeks back, sometimes I jump in to see if I can wrestle a victory by leading a team, but if I don't see any progress in 10-15min I am out.
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 03-24-2016 at 01:40 PM.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I Got 3 heart but i have done way too many conquest (so many i even got a warning for be sick of conquest). This will not appeal me too.

    Totaly uninteresting. Specially since there is so many cap, canT get more than 6 by week, cant have more than 300k favor at time. So many useless limitation that prevent us to play on already so borring activity.

    Give a real reward, or better make conquest less tiring, like extractor can only be captured ONCE and the team with the most extractor WIN. so we dont run arround for ever.
    Last edited by Lathain; 03-25-2016 at 04:32 AM.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Hopped into conquest today. Fought maybe three people in the course of 10 minutes. Commented on this being the slowest PvP i have ever seen, and left.

    Fiddling with the rewards doesn't change the fact that Conquest was simply not well designed. Conquest could be something that brings all types of Rift players together in a fun epic instance, but it would have to be rethought and reworked. As it stands, Conquest is like an overly large and spread out Warfront with half-assed support activities tacked on in an ineffective attempt to get crafters involved and interested.

    The only thing that Conquest got right was the zerg on zerg battles. But those are only interesting when relatively equal zerg meet, and long epic battles take place. Otherwise, Conquest is a long series of boring extractor caps followed by a 25 second wipe. Wooo...

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Ninnisina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Agree with @Nefelia.. CQ needs to be reworked from the ground up, we've been doing this for far toooo long, same 'ol same 'ol, even if the rewards where good(which they by far are not) it still would be difficult to get people do run their x00th CQ, Steps of Infinity where a good try and instead of giving up on they they should have been worked at and made even better, having 2 choke points that team where forced to fight over and having this 3v3 dynamic was really nice.

    In Stilmoor the best way to win is to avoid fighting with the occasional defensive fight, SoI was all about having the stronger team and avoiding 3on3 fights, more emphasis should have been laid possibly on 2ndry objectives but that was a minor problem.

    CQ simply does not work below at least 1 full raid per faction, and if such a massive event where anybody(65) can join can't attract more than 10 ppl? well you know you have failed there.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser Escadora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Ya know what made CQ(Conquest) fun?.. The people who lead "Conquest"..

    Side Note: I'm sick of this bring "20 raid" back........

    ~ Esca
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts