+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Nefelia
  • 1 Post By NotXclusive
  • 1 Post By Nantucket

Thread: PvP Video: Chloro Life 2

Ascendant

Default PvP Video: Chloro Life 2

Solo-queue. An assortment of clips, be they saves, amusing moments, or otherwise.

Guest-starring: Spaniard, Quotes, Dutchh, Zentt, Dogpoo, Harrybalsagna, Aym, Einhander, Toesik, Axitalk, and more

People I likely annoyed: Tinkerrr, Mickdayblind, Joyfull, Betri, and probably a host of others.

I hereby present, Chloro Life 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYhlGWgxY4

My next project is tentatively titled: How to Cap. It should be ready in a week or two.

Soulwalker

10/10 best chloro na

You're not dying as much as a chloro should....... maybe something you should work on.....
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NotXclusive View Post
    10/10 best chloro na
    In all seriousness, I have no idea who would even qualify for that distinguished title. Unlike some other healing souls, total healing output is not a good metric Chloros since the good Chloros keeping allies alive through focus fire are overshadowed by the Chloros spamming Vile Spores in the central zerg.

Not sure it even matters. Any Chloro that can use Synth and their various CDs effectively in Warfronts belong in the top 10% of PvP Chloros. Distinguishing further than that would be rather difficult.

Rift Disciple

Wow, I haven't seen a healer using the default raid frames in awhile, those things are a sight!

As a healer, I don't know how you can heal with those frames over in the top left, maybe chloro is different, but as a cleric I need those in a front and center spot and react to who needs to be healed. Also maybe prioritize cleansing more, I couldn't tell as much with those ancient frames but some dots are important to get off. When not much heals are needed, or the target isn't dropping out of my control I always am cleansing.

If you don't already, try keybinding or maybe it's changing the keybind that targets yourself. I have mine setup as a key that's easy to hit, it allows you to target yourself faster than clicking your portrait or raid frame.
    dibs@pveshard
    RIP guyhax/horsesock

Ascendant

Good suggestions.

One great benefit from making videos is that you can go back and see all of the mistakes and missed opportunites, and use those to improve your play.

Quote Originally Posted by query View Post
    Wow, I haven't seen a healer using the default raid frames in awhile, those things are a sight!
    I've been slowly upgrading my UI and toolbox. My latest change was the addition of Synthesis Spy, which not only makes it easier to manage my Synth in warfronts, but also makes it easier for viewers to see who I am healing in my videos. ;)

As for the frames, that is something that I haven't bothered to upgrade yet. I liked the ones I saw in... Ecru's video? Not sure. What would you suggest?

When not much heals are needed, or the target isn't dropping out of my control I always am cleansing.
    Making better use of Cleansing Rush is also something I've been meaning to improve upon. As for Nature's Cleansing, that is something I use very often upon myself, but not as often as I should on others.

If you don't already, try keybinding or maybe it's changing the keybind that targets yourself. I have mine setup as a key that's easy to hit, it allows you to target yourself faster than clicking your portrait or raid frame.
    Yep, that is something I was contemplating just this morning. I have that on my Cleric alt (fourth mouse button, actually) and have found it remarkably useful. My Chloro's fourth mouse button is occupied by Entropic Veil, but that can definitely be moved elsewhere since I tend to hoard my charge for RtW and Rift Tomb.

Thx for the input.

Rift Disciple

Sorry lost this thread, the frames are gadgets:
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/ga...ed-raid-frames
    dibs@pveshard
    RIP guyhax/horsesock

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by query View Post
    Sorry lost this thread, the frames are gadgets:
    http://mods.curse.com/addons/rift/ga...ed-raid-frames
    Eh... I've had Gadgets for months for the range-to-target feature. I just never bothered to explore all the options. Thanks for pointing it out, it took me less than a minute to set up to my liking. It may take me a longer time to get use to the placement though.

+ Reply to Thread