+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sheo

Thread: Noob Question about Stat Priority

Champion

Default Noob Question about Stat Priority

I've recently returned from a 2+ year hiatus and am now diving into the new pvp gear system. After opening about 60ish pvp boxes and looking at all the gear they've dropped, I've noticed that there are generally the same recurring stat combinations on each piece of gear.

My question is: As a Cleric healer, what stat do you think is a priority in determining base gear, Wisdom or Endurance?

I have 2 identical pieces with the exception that the Wis and End stats are swapped:

Piece 1:
    Wisdom 181
    Endurance 145

Piece 2:
    Wisdom 145
    Endurance 181

Do you find that, once you've upgraded to full Warmongers, is it better to have the Extra Wisdom or the Extra Endurance?

Granted, I understand it's situational. As a healer I'm often mass focused but, in general, in your opinion, is it nice to have the extra HP or is it really negligible and the bigger heals are better?

Thanks, B.
    Last edited by Bhrawn; 03-21-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Plane Touched

If you are healer/dps wisdom is always better than endurance. Endurance is only for tank.

You dont need endurance because if u arent healing enough, ur DPS members will die first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhrawn View Post
    I've recently returned from a 2+ year hiatus and am now diving into the new pvp gear system. After opening about 60ish pvp boxes and looking at all the gear they've dropped, I've noticed that there are generally the same recurring stat combinations on each piece of gear.

My question is: As a Cleric healer, what stat do you think is a priority in determining base gear, Wisdom or Endurance?

I have 2 identical pieces with the exception that the Wis and End stats are swapped:

Piece 1:
    Wisdom 181
    Endurance 145

Piece 2:
    Wisdom 145
    Endurance 181

Do you find that, once you've upgraded to full Warmongers, is it better to have the Extra Wisdom or the Extra Endurance?

Granted, I understand it's situational. As a healer I'm often mass focused but, in general, in your opinion, is it nice to have the extra HP or is it really negligible and the bigger heals are better?

Thanks, B.
    You pick gear pieces where main stat is higher than endurance (its number 1 in your example) and has either SP or CP.
    You can use other if no better drop yet, but don't bother to upgrade. Just put a cheap run/orb on and it will be fine until you got better gear.
    If you want more HP you can spec 5-10 pts into justicar while you low geared.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Ascendant

The difference in survivability you get by using endurance gear isn't worth it. It's a very minor HP buff, and your heals are weaker if you use END over WIS, so does it even help?

Plus, healers usually takes a LOT of damage before dying, because they heal themselves (and other healers heal them in priority as well ) so it's not like you win 500hp out of 70000. More like 500 out of half a million, or something.

Not only it's a small difference, it's sometime a straight up downgrade; Everytime you don't get attacked.

If you're healing some zerg in a whitefall map or something and no one goes past your team to attack you, well you have endurance that gives you exactly nothing, at the expense of wisdom that would make your heals stronger.

I'll hijack your thread a bit, this might help you too anyway.
    What is the usual 'go to' for crit power/spell power for healers?
    Is it just like DPS, get to the crit cap and then spellpower? Or do you put more in spellpower for reliability?
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 03-22-2016 at 08:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread