+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By SprawlnBrawl
  • 1 Post By Zalenak
  • 2 Post By nessis
  • 3 Post By Linolea

Thread: FIX WARFRONTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Telaran

Default FIX WARFRONTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is getting old. Over the last 2 or 3 weeks I have been doing warfronts, which is nothing new, but now when I get into them, they are lopsided. Either I get extremely lucky and get in on the winning side, which is unusual, or I get to replace a person that has left the warfront and get in when the score is like 875 to 364. This was fixed a while back, but now seems to be broken again. My ELO was slowly rising, but has taken a large hit now. Please fix this ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by vanringo View Post
    This is getting old. Over the last 2 or 3 weeks I have been doing warfronts, which is nothing new, but now when I get into them, they are lopsided. Either I get extremely lucky and get in on the winning side, which is unusual, or I get to replace a person that has left the warfront and get in when the score is like 875 to 364. This was fixed a while back, but now seems to be broken again. My ELO was slowly rising, but has taken a large hit now. Please fix this ASAP!
    Post a screen shot of your gear sheet and spec

Shadowlander

Joining losing matches was supposed to have been fixed but obviously it isn't. I would say that I'm joining less warfronts that have already started. Pvp Devs should figure a way to lock a warfront once it's started or after a certain amount of time has passed.

It's always nice to have a sick come back but sometimes can be crazy when 5+ people join a losing warfront with a score blowout.
    Soundwave@Greybriar
    Zalexus@Greybriar
    Shockpulse@Greybriar
    Galaxies@Greybriar
    Particles@Greybriar

Plane Touched

i got 1 the other day that was 542/948. we lost before i could even get to the battle field
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

The answer to the losing WF join is so sturpidly simple I have no idea why it hasn't been implemented.

Add a "[X] Join new WF only" option in the settings.

The end.

PS> I have suggested this before, but for some reason it didn't get much traction. I have no idea why not...

PPS> There is no way, no how, this toggle would demand much dev time, surely?
    Last edited by Linolea; 03-21-2016 at 09:15 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Played 10 matches last night, won 7, all fresh starts. Yes it still happens but it's pretty rare. Matches that are almost over are even rarer

Quote Originally Posted by vanringo View Post
    We know they do not care and we know they will not fix this so perhaps look at this from another perspective and set an achievable goal in those last few minutes before the match ends.

suggestions (I am sure someone has a few more entertaining ones)

1. Get off the spawn platform before it ends; and ride into the sunset past the spawn campers
    2. Get to hit at least one player one time
    3. Almost kill someone or in the case of being a healer, perhaps almost save someone
    4. Write at least one complaint in /wf before the match ends. Or if you are super positive a compliment on the teams ability to lose graciously

Those are achievable goals which may lesson the pain. Of course you could also approach this by embracing your low ELO, getting on a decent team once you hit rock bottom, and then bringing it back up again. If can be repeatable after all..
    Mischiief Aeternna Verittie Trieu

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Played 10 matches last night, won 7, all fresh starts. Yes it still happens but it's pretty rare. Matches that are almost over are even rarer
    If it was rare, I would not have posted anything. When I queued into 4 warfronts, and 3 of the 4 were so lopsided, that 1 I didn't even get a chance to reapply my Blood Thirsty buff before the WF ended, another 1 jumped down from the spawn point in library and it ended as just as I got into the middle. The third was dex, I got in, mounted up, and started heading to the statue when it ended. The 4th was in progress, and the side I was on came from behind to win, which I love those.

I do not get on the forums to complain about stupid crap. But when I can't even participate in the warfront before it is over, I hate those, win or lose, although less painful.

I will never claim to be the best, but I am good. My damage does not always show it, but that is because I may be guarding an objective, or running stones, etc. I play to have fun, and win or lose, I try to make the best out of the situation, especially when queuing alone.

I am also the person that will spot the best players and instead of running away from them, I run right at them. I usually will die as I am not as geared or have my gear upgraded as other players, but I do not shy away from a fight. However, if I can take down the top players, I get a small personal victory, even if my side loses.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Trieu View Post
    We know they do not care and we know they will not fix this so perhaps look at this from another perspective and set an achievable goal in those last few minutes before the match ends.

suggestions (I am sure someone has a few more entertaining ones)

1. Get off the spawn platform before it ends; and ride into the sunset past the spawn campers
    2. Get to hit at least one player one time
    3. Almost kill someone or in the case of being a healer, perhaps almost save someone
    4. Write at least one complaint in /wf before the match ends. Or if you are super positive a compliment on the teams ability to lose graciously

Those are achievable goals which may lesson the pain. Of course you could also approach this by embracing your low ELO, getting on a decent team once you hit rock bottom, and then bringing it back up again. If can be repeatable after all..
    Trieu,

If there is time, I do try to do most of those. I rarely heal in a WF as I just got the dream soul pack and I have not learned the proper way to face roll as what I call the libtard spec for pvp. I do not complain in /wf as it does not good, and usually get some stupid moron whispering me after the match calling me names, when I did complain.

My ELO was like 1249, I had managed to get it raised up to 1573, but currently it is down to 1468 after the last couple of weeks of bad WF placements due to getting into a WF with less than 1 minute to do anything to affect the outcome.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bollesti View Post
    ELO does not work
    At this point, I am forced to agree with you. At the very least, ELO does not work as well as it should. Someone else can figure out why.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Well good for you that you are among the few for whom the matchmaking works (well or not really, if you think about it, if it worked you would win 5).
    Also I don't buy this thing about equipment and you being the reason for lopsided matches. It doesn't compute, the matchmaker, if it worked as stated, would know that you suck and compensate accordingly. At least in matches with plenty of players in them.

At least on the EU side of things it is very common to get into started matches, matches that are almost over, and ever since the latest changes, also into matches that never get filled completely.
    My guess is that the warfront population is now very small.

It is also quite common that match balance COMPLETELY change halfway in. It can turn from even to completely lopsided on an instant (or the other way around). Often because the matchmaker adds new players to the match (yes sometimes it can also be because of tactics etc, but that is another matter).

Rift Chaser

OMG stop the btching ....If u get on losing team try to help winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    This is often impossible if the system assigned one again at the last seconds of a lost battleground. One can only receive the losing percents for the own ELO

ELO does not work....
    Elo here or there this changes nothing in the fact that one cannot turn a battlefield in the remained seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    The answer to the losing WF join is so sturpidly simple I have no idea why it hasn't been implemented.

Add a "[X] Join new WF only" option in the settings.

The end.

PS> I have suggested this before, but for some reason it didn't get much traction. I have no idea why not...

PPS> There is no way, no how, this toggle would demand much dev time, surely?
    No one likes joining a losing team without a chance to turn the battle, but if the Devs did something like your idea then things would be far worst.

Everyone would check the box to join new matches only, and that would mean there would be very few if any people to fill ranks in a WFs when players drop from the match. Players drop out of WFs all the time, so to keep the numbers even they need to bring in new players.

They have to que people into WFs that are already in progress; it is not going to work any other way. What they need to stop doing is placing people into WFs that are a lost cause.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 03-24-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Everybody calms down. It is a bug I already reported this, but not sure if they have a fix or what cause it. Because ppl mass-dc in bgs, and the system wants to fill the spots. Even if it the ends or close ends to the bg. It happened 2 times with me only yesterday 1 khartan 1 whitefall. Dc (not rift error) and 2-3 times not possible to join back, but I had luck and I could re-join and realised 3-4 of my team is still grey, and who cant come back get booted and new players invited. Even if our score was above 700 pts. It started after previous patch.
    It said "disconnected from the game, click ok to continue or cancel to quit" (or something similar) And probably these dcs trigger matchmaking and it wants to fill to bg cap when this happening, so it is possible that 4-5 player will join close to the end.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/160325/2016-0...toltes.hu_.jpg

Look at this screen. You can see 6 players joined at the very end, and you can see one of my team member still grey.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

+ Reply to Thread