+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Merciful Warmonger Weapons

Default Merciful Warmonger Weapons

So finally after a few months grind I could buy and upgrade my first Warmonger weapon just to realise the proc is bolstered down in pvp, and very significantly. So back to NTE dagger until its fixed! It is cost more than 9000 credit or weeks to grind and upgrade plus 600 plat for the BIS rune. Is it intended or not? I assume not. I sent feedback in game too.

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/160321/2016-0...toltes.hu_.jpg

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/160321/2016-0...toltes.hu_.jpg

Please fix asap!
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Shield of Telara

What made you assume that it wouldn't be bolstered down? Maybe your NTE dagger is the one bugged here?
    Last edited by Trauumhaft; 03-20-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    What made you assume that it wouldn't be bolstered down? Maybe your NTE dagger is the one bugged here?

Nope. It is well known NTE healing weapon procs are not bolstered.

Shield of Telara

You missed my point.

Procs from experts shouldn't work in PVP anymore because that tier is below the current tier of weapons w/ procs that are enabled, which is t1*. So the weapons are bolstered up, but I could be wrong--I haven't had an expert weapon in PVP with the current Dreambreaker tier.

However, procs from crafted items are significantly better in pvp (ie: DPS and healing trinkets) because the value proc is lower but their output is higher than procs from Warmonger/T1 items.

tl;dr All procs are have PVP reductions in instanced PVP

* I state t1 as this is the current tier of weapons that have procs that DO work in PVP. T2 relics are DOWN bolstered and do not work in PVP.
    Last edited by Riane; 03-20-2016 at 09:34 PM. Reason: edited my post for pedantic people

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Procs from experts shouldn't work in PVP anymore because that tier is below the current tier, which is t1. So the weapons are bolstered up, but I could be wrong--I haven't had an expert weapon in PVP with the current Dreambreaker tier.

However, procs from crafted items are significantly better in pvp (ie: DPS and healing trinkets) because the value proc is lower but their output is higher than procs from Warmonger/T1 items.

tl;dr All procs are have PVP reductions in instanced PVP
    dreambreaker is NTE level, frenetic T1, warmongers T2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    dreambreaker is NTE level, frenetic T1, warmongers T2.
    Let me school ya.

Current drop tier of gear is Dreambreaker, which is not NTE equiv else it would be bolstered up like NTE gear, accessories, and weapons are. Dreambreaker is a little higher than expert. You can see the difference when you look at the accessories resist value.

http://i.imgur.com/8CuSdna.png

Resists for accessories:
    • NTE/Ephemeral: 417 resist
    • Dreambreaker: 442 resist
    • Frenetic: 492 resist
    • Warmonger: 552resist

• Marauder > Ephemeral/NTE => Bolstered up
    • Dreambreaker > Frenetic > T1 relic => Not bolstered (but procs have reductions.)
    • T2 (epic) / Warmonger => Not bolstered (but procs have reductions, t2 relic weapons are down bolstered, so no procs)

Cheers though, you got me to queue on my Cleric for the first time in months just to double check that t2 relic weapons are downbolstered :P
    Last edited by Riane; 03-20-2016 at 09:45 PM.

The weapons from RC are considered to be a high enough item level and are not currently bolstered and as such their procs function normally. I haven't bothered with Warmonger weapons and use them myself.

Radiant Painite Hatchet

Soulstrike

I know a Mage tanking staff drops in there as well, but I am unsure if there are any other weapon drops.

I can only assume there is the potential for upgraded versions of the other NTE drops to be in this NTE+ item level bracket and remain unbolstered as well.
    Last edited by Stihl; 03-20-2016 at 10:02 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    The weapons from RC are considered to be a high enough item level and are not currently bolstered and as such their procs function normally. I haven't bothered with Warmonger weapons and use them myself.

Radiant Painite Hatchet

Soulstrike

I know a Mage tanking staff drops in there as well, but I am unsure if there are any other weapon drops.

I can only assume there is the potential for upgraded versions of the other NTE drops to be in this NTE+ item level bracket and remain unbolstered as well.
    That's because RC is considered a tier in-between expert and T1, as-is all the gear that drops from it.

Weapons:
    • Expert weapon dps: 620.6 (Fang of Ber; bolstered up)
    • Ephemeral Axe: 620.4 (bolstered up)
    • Dreambreaker Axe: 660.6
    • Rhaz'de Canyon: 700.6 (Soulstrike)
    • Frenetic Axe: 740.6
    • Warmonger's Axe: 740.6
    • Warmonger's Axe upgraded: 836.5

The little stats are kind of what you have to go off of to determine what tier of "pvp gear" you can compare it to.
    Last edited by Riane; 03-20-2016 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    That's because RC is considered a tier in-between expert and T1, as-is all the gear that drops from it.

Weapons:
    • Expert weapon dps: 620.6 (Fang of Ber; bolstered up)
    • Ephemeral Axe: 620.4 (bolstered up)
    • Dreambreaker Axe: 660.6
    • Rhaz'de Canyon: 700.6 (Soulstrike)
    • Frenetic Axe: 740.6
    • Warmonger's Axe: 740.6
    • Warmonger's Axe upgraded: 836.5

The little stats are kind of what you have to go off of to determine what tier of "pvp gear" you can compare it to.
    Thats just it, the expert weapons can be upgraded. For instance Fang of Ber goes from 620 weapon dps to 660, which is the same as the dreambreaker weapons. I didn't explore it any further, but since they are the same

should hold true. The upgraded versions are indeed unbolstered.
    Last edited by Stihl; 03-20-2016 at 11:33 PM.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Thats just it, the expert weapons can be upgraded. For instance Fang of Ber goes from 620 weapon dps to 660, which is the same as the dreambreaker weapons. I didn't explore it any further, but since they are the same

should hold true. The upgraded versions are indeed unbolstered.
    If only CQ was active on the PTS...

I can speak only from my POV.
    I had all 3 weapons from NTE, main hand is not upgraded expert (Deathblood) I did not bother to upgrade because it has spell critical, and it is up-bolstered in pvp since last patch. Off hand is harbinger totem it is upgraded and not bolstered, and ranged (drake talon) is from RC it is upgraded and also not bolstered. But it is slightly better than expert ranged. But I got their full proc in pvp. For trinket (severed houndspaw) and 2 greaters too. Still need to test proc rate on merciful warmonger dagger to decide is it worth to use or not.
    So basically I just don't sweat to get new weapons if this is intended. I don't raid (here and there some ROF to help out friends alt runs) and I`m doing well in pvp with expert weapons only. When I die I don't blame my weapons but my team. At least one less I have to worry about.

And that is just funny how long these weapons in the game and I got server first for upgrading merciful dagger yesterday. And I`m on a "populated" server.

I just don't understand why PVP weapons (procs) bolstered in PVP? That mediocre proc I don't think it is matter too much when shamans running around with 20+K final blow and paragons and pyros 2 shooting players from range.

tldr: grinding for months or spending real money for something that has mediocre proc in pvp (~1500) is not attractive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    I just don't understand why PVP weapons (procs) bolstered in PVP? That mediocre proc I don't think it is matter too much when shamans running around with 20+K final blow and paragons and pyros 2 shooting players from range.
    It's not just pvp procs, it's all procs. All procs [in pvp] have had a reduced value since Storm Legion.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    And that is just funny how long these weapons in the game and I got server first for upgrading merciful dagger yesterday. And I`m on a "populated" server.
    Yeah I got shard first on my healing offhand too. But it's easy to explain why. There just aren't many full-time pvp chloros around. Almost all mages chose the dps weapons.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Trauumhaft View Post
    isn't it a pvp weapon?
    why would you think it would not?
    that's like getting a spoon but when you use it on your soup some of it melts away and you're left with a spork.
    Last edited by nessis; 03-21-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast