+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Disgusting Favor Returns

Shadowlander

Default Disgusting Favor Returns

I decided to make a thread about this because it's getting to the point where I just can't take it anymore.

The amount of favor revived as a non-patron with no boost is so bad it's literally like a second and third job. It's so depressing you must spend at least 5 hours everyday in order to max out on warmonger marks. Mind you, this leaves no room for any additional upgrades (the extra 200k favor you need to actually upgrade the weapon). It makes it harder to enjoy the game.

It's frustrating playing many warfronts to see so little favor gained after all that hard work. There are other variables that make the process even more painful. Such as warfronts lasting 15 minutes long just to receive a whooping 1000 or 2000 favor, setting back your chances of maxing by at least another hour or so.

I didn't mind it at first. Actually, to be honest I didn't even notice because all I did was PVP I didn't really look at my favor until 10 hours later or so. But now, I'm looking at it after the hour, and only seeing like 12k or if I'm lucky, 20k.

After received 2 of my warmonger weapons, I'm going to get the last one (eventually) but I would like to see new players who are interested in pvp be able to gear up and see that the favor returns from each warfront make it actually worth doing.

Note: I'm not saying we should get 600k favor daily. That's stupid. I am saying that we should be able to max out on marks each week and at least have some spare favor left over for gear pieces with a decent amount of time invested.

Maybe adding pvp dailies with favor rewards isn't such a bad idea
    *cough* complete a random number of objectives is a good one!

I'm just saying, a good time to fix this is during week 3 of the event!
    Last edited by Zalenak; 03-20-2016 at 03:36 AM.
    Soundwave@Greybriar
    Zalexus@Greybriar
    Shockpulse@Greybriar
    Galaxies@Greybriar
    Particles@Greybriar

Ascendant

It is not just non-Patrons who are feeling the frustration. An extra 40% on 1000 favor gained after a loss is still an underwhelming 1400.

There is simply no reason to penalize players so heavily for not getting the win. Regardless of their efforts and performance, players on the losing team are getting an unacceptable amount of favor.

I agree with the other common suggestions, such as rewarding favor for completing PvP weekly quests, but at the more basic level favor gains needs to be decoupled from the win. If I bust my *** healing carriers and doing objectives, I should get a fair deal more favor than the random Joe who joined the winning team with 10 seconds to spare regardless of my team's loss.

In a sensible system, players with high participation and performance would be getting the most favor, regardless of whether they win or lose. The loss can already be frustrating enough without Trion giving the middle finger to players by with-holding favor. Hopefully Ocho or another dev can bring this bit of common sense to the table during their next meeting.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 03-20-2016 at 03:49 AM.

I totally agree that weeklies should reward favor. Trion, make this change please!
    Genrii@Deepwood
    I will keep smiling, be positive and never give up! I will give 100 percent each time I play. These are always my goals and my attitude. Yani Tseng
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

the weeklies give 5000 favor on pts, which really should be about 50k. does anyone remember how much favor the weekly/daily quests used to give during SL?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Shadowlander

So it seems patrons are also suffering from this issue. We get it that mmos are suppose to be a grind but why should we put aside 35 hours of our week for pvp just to get a weapon. This means no 1 hour breaks because that sets you back an hour. If you miss a day, you're now set back 5+ hours.

Yeah.. Nty

We can only get 6 per week. So if you get 5 you're now set back a week because you won't be able to get it until the third week.. which is REALLY frustrating.
    Last edited by Zalenak; 03-20-2016 at 03:57 AM.
    Soundwave@Greybriar
    Zalexus@Greybriar
    Shockpulse@Greybriar
    Galaxies@Greybriar
    Particles@Greybriar

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    the weeklies give 5000 favor on pts, which really should be about 50k. does anyone remember how much favor the weekly/daily quests used to give during SL?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_CW-3oCfB0 you can look at 9:35 when he is turning them in.

Looks like dailies were awarding 1755 favor

Had they not removed the weapons dropped from the PvP boxes, there would at least be an option other than grinding those 4.2 million favor (fully upgraded set), for someone who doesn't raid. Either the favor gained should be increased, or the cost of Warmonger weapons reduced. Yes, the weeklies now give favor, but 5k is almost an insult. I'm hoping that number will be changed before it even goes live. 20-30k should be minimum, per weely PvP quest.

Prophet of Telara

They should increase weekly favor to 10k-15k. No other changes are needed imo.

6 marks per week cap is fine. We shouldn't be able to get the whole weapon set in just a few weeks. Casuals should not be able to get top tier pvp weapons with little effort.

I see plenty of ppl with full warmonger weapons. They are patrons most likely which is fine. If you don`t support the game you play and don`'t pay for it maintenance and development then it should be much harder for you to get them.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 03-20-2016 at 09:29 AM.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

MMO's are great for when you are out of a job and looking. Now that I finally legit do 40+ hours I week, I have no idea how people work and play this game to an enjoyable degree. I'm a one man wolf pack, I don't care for a S/O and kids are void of my life. So I have no idea how these people with families manage to do this either~

I said this game is very easy to keep up to pace with but, I guess I was jaded by my lifestyle. I had all the damn time in the world. I have about as much time most the week to make a few save points of progress in a good game, whereas the returns for my equal time playing this one would probably push me away from the game. In hindsight, that's my closure to MMO's. I had a jobless lifestyle for a while and it let me do some WW1st'ing in a sweet competitive era. It would have been impossible to do it if I had a full time job. It would come down to math. Not enough time for the time sink required.

I'm very twisted on MMO's these days. Playing an MMO casually is legit, but, you know in the back of your mind you are far more underpowered than the average frequent gamer who has more time than you. Outside of acquiring raw practice, I've grown to dislike games where time spent equates to more pragmatic power. (ie. boosted stats, not improved skill). Because if I try to play the same games I enjoyed 5 years ago, I won't be able to perform how I used to, I won't get the amount of rewards and benefits I used to, and I just...would lose the experience I am looking for and not be able to hang.

I'm loving SFV. I can get an enjoyably gaming experience even if I only have 20 min till I have to leave. Can anyone honestly say you can get something even worth calling an "experience" in Rift in just 20 min? I always felt like it took 20 min just to go around clicking all the NPC's, checking my currencies, upgrading stuff, playing with bag slots etc. MMO's are like a job. You need an opener. You don't just log in and go straight to action. You like have to go through an opening phase that takes 30m - 1hr lol. You can skip it but, then you just have to check things eventually.

Slice this game any way you want. You need time. And if you don't have time and/or money, you will be shoveled off to a demographic of less powerful players relative to those who have more time than you. When you boil this entire thread of disdain to a core of some sort - the issue is that..."Why do I have to spend so much time in this game just to reach a point where I can start enjoying the time I spend?"

Welcome to Rift, and furthermore, MMO's. They are a second job. And I can only handle one at a time, so I'll take the one that pays me. I'll tell you what is disgusting. Being able to view this game transparently.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Its not just the favor i'm running into. Its the dreaded weekliecap on abyssal marks I've been fighting with for months.Meet the cap every week before weeklies are turned in.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Shadowlander

Even patrons who pay and support the game are receiving low returns. In fact, there was a thread made some weeks ago about it. I never said there should be an increase in the amount of warmongers per week but I did mention how the low returns aren't directly related to player performance or the time invested.

These are minimal statistics for the average non-patron (the patron bonus aren't even that better)

5 hours a day minimum dedicated to pvp only. So no crafting, dungeons, raids or whatever else you love to do.

The gameplay listed above is required if you want to reach your cap on warmonger marks. If you want to upgrade additional gear you need to play longer.

Okay, enough about warmonger marks and let's focus on the actual favor. Returns for such little favor is unacceptable for a total of 15 minutes played with multiple caps, kills and high player performance. Do you agree that this is good?

Enough with the mmo is a grind line, we get it. I disagree with you. You should be able to cap on warmonger marks (a total of 6) each week with some favor left, not with an overwhelming time invested. Okay, I already do this and by next week I'll have my complete weapon set. I'm more of an advocate for those who are new to pvp and I'm trying to prevent others from experiencing the stress that I've undergone because pvp isn't simply rewarding as other content. We already have a hassle with pvp cach.. I mean RNGBoxes so why make this worst. A lot of people agree but they don't have a forum account or don't want to speak up as they feel it won't be changed...

We aren't asking for much. Just an increase in pvp per match and additional favor added to the weeklies. Bring in pvp dailies with favor to encourage more objectives or something.

As for the mmos is a job thing. When you're doing a lot, yes but dedicating your rift experience to pvp and not being able to do anything else because you want to reach the cap is torture. I honestly don't know why people would think in it's current state that it's okay. I don't want to jump to any conclusions and say you don't pvp often but have you actually seen the returns? People with warmongers gear seem to be fine with it with actually no understanding how new players might feel about it.

It seems as Trions intentions were to encourage people to buy the weapons and favor vials with credits which is okay but once new pvp gear comes out (if it does....) they can just do the same thing. People will always want to rush things and get it. There's really no harm in increasing favor per match to actually make it more deserving...
    Last edited by Zalenak; 03-20-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    Soundwave@Greybriar
    Zalexus@Greybriar
    Shockpulse@Greybriar
    Galaxies@Greybriar
    Particles@Greybriar

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zalenak View Post
    You should be able to cap on warmonger marks (a total of 6) each week with some favor left, not with an overwhelming time invested.
    T2 2h costs 50k FoM. It takes 6 weeks to farm them. You can get a similar (or even better beacuse it has a proc) Warmonger 2h in just a month. And you still want to get it "not with an overwhelming time invested" ?
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Why even have a weekly cap if it's unlikly to reach said cap in the first place?
    Last edited by McChaffe; 03-20-2016 at 11:44 AM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Why even have a weekly cap if it's unlike to reach said cap in the first place?
    EU top50 favor earned range is 1,5 mln - 3 mln favor.
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Shadowlander

Meh. The cap is so the players who actually have more time on their hands don't get it in 1 week

Also Lokken, you're acting as if I'm saying boost favor 200%. Those who are "top favor earners" on your shard probably have a lot more time on their hands which is okay.

The weapon you say takes "a month" to get actually takes longer. Stop with the under estimates. What really should be looked at is the amount of hours played per day in order to receive that which is the real problem.
    Last edited by Zalenak; 03-20-2016 at 11:53 AM.
    Soundwave@Greybriar
    Zalexus@Greybriar
    Shockpulse@Greybriar
    Galaxies@Greybriar
    Particles@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast