+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By McChaffe

Thread: About a year and a half into this expansion.

Default About a year and a half into this expansion.

And I still have yet to see a dps greater drop (and any other greater that isn't END heavy) from a warfront box on my main.

Make the base drops purchasable with warmongers marks or favor already. RNG is ridiculous.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 03-11-2016 at 07:25 AM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    And I still have yet to see a dps greater drop (and any other greater that isn't END heavy) from a warfront box on my main.

Make the base drops purchasable with warmongers marks or favor already. RNG is ridiculous.
    Sry about that, I really think you are not having much luck, I got a bunch on my mais bank and my alts both have high main stat greaters droped in less them 4 weeks I complain more about lesses drop rate atm not so much greaters drop rate, on one alt I got more greaters droped as lessers...really annoying.
    Hope ur luck improves Kal...gl.

Ascendant

how many warfronts is that?
    a year and a half means different for different players

but if it's any serious numbers, this is quite bad luck... I found 5 already on my main, in just a few months.

That aside, I entirely agree. You can buy dungeon/raid gear even tho (from my understanding- I don't pve) every boss has limited loot option... Yet you can't buy items you miss in pvp despite boxes having 10's of options and some being rare as hell (ONE dps trinket out of all my alts after thousand of warfronts)...

Should be able to buy them in favors.
    (and also pls make weapons drop again... people will still have to buy warmongers anyway, what's the point removing them? only makes people have a ****ty weapon until they get 1.2/2.4m favors).

when i log next time, ill screenshot my bank bags.

I have yet to see ANY dps greaters on my rogue as well with around 300 caches opened.I got like 5+ healing greaters, 1 healing trink & 1 tank trink. earrings and rings are also kinda rare too. I guarantee if one ever pops it will have high endurance. My cleric & prime have an overabundance of everything though with a fraction of caches opened lol. It is RNG though
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Less RP'ing, More PVP'ing Kale..... snap snap..... let's get to it!!!!

I have like 250 of those chests just sitting cuz lazy.... I wish I could give them to my warrior or my rog, my dirty dirty rog......

Right, my main has 328 total wins since this expansion started, counting all of my other toons however, it's around 1000 or-so wins total. The only time I've seen CP greaters were with my warrior who has a total of 100 something wins. Note, my warrior has only managed to get END heavy greaters.

At this point the only realistic stat upgrade I can go for that doesn't involve grinding plat to purchase a PvE greater is getting my hands on a PvP one, which I would prefer to do (guild is still gearing up for T3). However, the RNG is so horrible that it's become increasingly frustrating. If I had the option to get equipment with warmongers marks, I'd have had one ages ago.

I know there are several people with a much higher amount of WF wins, but I've spent a far larger amount of time in CQ so far in this expansion than in WFs. Sadly any favor earned from CQ went towards recon vials as there was nothing to spend it on at the time.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 03-11-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Played cleric from the beginning of the expansion untill november-ish, never recieved a dps trinket from pvp after over 1000 wfs, rof and igp after clearing them pretty much every week. Started maining rogue in january, ran igp every week and no trinket, rof most weeks and again no trinket. Rogue now has over 1000 wfs and still no trinket.

Sat in T3 after 5/9 with an expert trinket

Rng sucks

Ascendant

Right, my main has 328 total wins since this expansion started, counting all of my other toons however, it's around 1000 or-so wins total.
    Real bad luck then.
    out of my last 1200 warfronts on all characters I've found 9 DPS ones (didn't track end/main stat tho).

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Played cleric from the beginning of the expansion untill november-ish, never recieved a dps trinket from pvp after over 1000 wfs
    Now this seem about on par
    1 dps trinket over the same 1200 warfronts (plus a few heal ones).

I don't know why they don't make everything drop equally.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 03-11-2016 at 07:31 PM.

they made weapons purchasable from the rift store, and what a fun grind that was.

how about making specific pieces for different classes drop from specific maps instead. such as mage chest, cleric helm, warrior legs and rogue shoes only come from chests won on codex matches.

that way if players find themselves in need of a certain piece over others, they can farm the relevant map for their class. eg: need a mage essence (lesser or greater)? - get grinding on bronze tomb

this might have the added side effect of encouraging players who are in need of the specific gear from a specific map to work a bit harder on winning the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

buy one on the auction, the nmt greaters are better anyway, proc rate and uptime is better. i bought my 182/86sp stormsource for 7k which isn't too bad imo.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    they made weapons purchasable from the rift store, and what a fun grind that was.

how about making specific pieces for different classes drop from specific maps instead. such as mage chest, cleric helm, warrior legs and rogue shoes only come from chests won on codex matches.

that way if players find themselves in need of a certain piece over others, they can farm the relevant map for their class. eg: need a mage essence (lesser or greater)? - get grinding on bronze tomb

this might have the added side effect of encouraging players who are in need of the specific gear from a specific map to work a bit harder on winning the map.
    That's not a bad idea (Also may increase patron sales). My initial thought was to allow players to choose one of a couple caches upon winning to reduce the rng; either armor or accessories, or maybe armor, rings/earrings, trinkets/essences.

I like your idea more though...
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

+ Reply to Thread