+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Favour Generation (How does it Work?)

Soulwalker

Default Favour Generation (How does it Work?)

Returning back after 5 years there are a few PvP things I'd like to know:

Why is there such a giant gap in favour at the end of each warfront(WF)?

Does everyone still have no clue how favour is generated in PvP? (besides the obvious, looking for the real numbers)

Now I understand Pots can play a big role with these Transcendent and such. There are huge gaps though from people on the same team with or without it. Even when asking players after they finish a WF with 7-10k favour (excluding Port of Scion and such) and they didn't even have one on.

Has RIFT ever explained how any of this works? It seems absolutely bonkers how sporadic all of this is. Any insight anyone has is much appreciated.

Thank you.

it's still a complete mystery to me. earlier i finished a ghar station with patron + guild bonus + 160% vial and ended up with around 7500 favor, whereas someone else on my team finished with 12.5k. where's the extra 5k coming from? i held stones, i did a good amount of damage, got kb's, and played manugo, but some rogue managed to earn 5k more?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

favour is calculated in such a way that everyone else is getting more than whoever is actually looking at it on the scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

The players that do the least get the most favour ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 03-08-2016 at 05:32 AM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

/inb4 it is based on your elo
    Last edited by Xibitz; 03-08-2016 at 06:19 AM.
    Azteck@Deepwod
    <Orden del Temple>

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    it's still a complete mystery to me. earlier i finished a ghar station with patron + guild bonus + 160% vial and ended up with around 7500 favor, whereas someone else on my team finished with 12.5k. where's the extra 5k coming from? i held stones, i did a good amount of damage, got kb's, and played manugo, but some rogue managed to earn 5k more?
    He probably used a wf charge as well as patron plus vial.
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

Shadowlander

Ok, lets see the favours works like this, +kill more favour , if you win you get more favour, now the diference between most people:
    - if you win using random charge you get alot more favour then if you dont have a random charge, and i think this is the big diference.
    - Also favour vials work but not to a huge extend from what i have seen i am guessing they work for the kills, not the bonus favour you get from winnning or from the bonus ramdom charge.

Rogues get a passive favor buff pretty high up in the Marksman tree.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

He is a rogue, so he picked your pockets, and stole that extra 5k from you.

No brainer, if u enter with random Qing(if u got wf charges) u will in case of victory win about 6-7k favor not using a 160 vial,if u win specific wf Qing u will win about half of it so between 2.5k and 3k favor.pretty essy...thats trion selling wf charges...PTW all the way.

Your guildie still had charges...u did not it seems.

Rift Disciple

The bigger the Cheque you send with lots of Colours to trion gives out the most Favour.
    dibs@pveshard
    RIP guyhax/horsesock

Telaran

It was and still is a mystery, if we all knew it wouldn't be one anymore.

To this day, some say that perhaps Trion doesn't even know how it's generated.

Ascendant

There are 4 big things that influence your favors/create gaps on the scoreboard :

-charge vs no charge
    -being there the whole game (team's kill = favors, so late joiners get less because they weren't present for some kills )
    -winning
    -favor bonuses (favor potions, patron, guild bonus, etc... )

As for the rest, the game probably rolls a D20 to justify people in similar conditions getting different favor numbers.

Favor is generated by the favH4x0Rzv1Ru8.dll writen 6 years 6 months and 6 days ago by a Trion intern that spent exactly 6 days 6 hours and 6 minutes writing the code and suddenly died of a heart attack the second it was finished .. ever since no Trion employee dared to /touch it or even /grep it.
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 03-12-2016 at 10:34 AM.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast