+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Leveling through pvp....?

Default Leveling through pvp....?

So I finally decided to give rift another go after being absent for about 2 years. I've only been back for two days so far but haven't gotten a single wf pop yet. I knew that it would be slow going and all but this is ridiculous. Keep in mind I've started a new toon just to get the feel back, but even with that said I shouldn't be sitting in queue for over two hours (still sitting in queue atm). Even for the lvl 10-19 bracket back then only took about 5-10 minutes depending on what the time of day was. Did rift finally behead what little bit of the pvp community that was left from then till now?

Unfortunately... low level PVP is close to non-existent even during peak times. I want to say a lot of this is due to the fact that people just prefer to rampage through questing, have friends to power level them, and/or just opt to use the level 60 boosts.

You won't be able to level at all through pvp with the current iteration, sorry .

That's very disappointing...
    Also saw that they limited non patron players to just the random queue and took away the specific queue for each wf....what the hell is up with that? Don't really see any reasoning behind it...
    What does the lvl 65 queue time look like throughout the day? I already have one character that's about to lvl cap.
    Last edited by Sapheros; 03-06-2016 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post
    That's very disappointing...
    Also saw that they limited non patron players to just the random queue and took away the specific queue for each wf....what the hell is up with that? Don't really see any reasoning behind it...
    What does the lvl 65 queue time look like throughout the day? I already have one character that's about to lvl cap.
    65 WF queues are fine, so you won't have any problems there at all during any time of the day for NA.

Alright guess I'll just take the crash course and try to get these last 3 lvls quick then lol. thanks for the info cupcakey.

General of Telara

another reason was PvP gear removal, so no more insane advantage at low level just having PvP weapon and maybe some more armors in PvP made people not make alts for that (had some guildies, who enjoyed destroying lowbies this way), also population in game decreased too

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcius View Post
    another reason was PvP gear removal, so no more insane advantage at low level just having PvP weapon and maybe some more armors in PvP made people not make alts for that (had some guildies, who enjoyed destroying lowbies this way), also population in game decreased too
    That was never a reason for "leveling" in low level PVP to begin with.

Already knew about the gear normalization across the board. I went on my break from the game shortly after that due to life happening. Plus it didn't help that my rig finally kicked the bucket after 8 years lol

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    That was never a reason for "leveling" in low level PVP to begin with.
    it's not about leveling, but about low lvl longer queue or non-existent now

it's not about leveling, but about low lvl longer queue or non-existent now
    .....and here I used to think the hour plus was outrageous back when there was only 8 ranks....
    Just can't believe how they went from starting to better PvP to driving it 6ft under for all brackets under endgame in the time I've been gone...

Rift Disciple

At least one of my characters was levelled up to 60 (so back in the day) almost 100% through pvp. It used to be fun and quite doable. There are even lowlevel PVP merchants with the odd weapon or armor piece out in the pve world.

I didnt try lately so I have no clue if it can be done anymore, if the warfronts pop often enough etc.

And I guess this way of playing the game is totally unacceptable to the powers that be, so it has probably been nerfed...

60-64 warfronts still get pops. Don't do them w/o daily charges tho as they don't give alot of exp. Unless your not trying to level up.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Even with charges, xp is dissapointing when you compare it to normals for example.

It also gives lvl 65 marks which will give you more options for gear when you hit 65.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

The experience you get through PvP has never been all that great. I just really enjoyed it even back when there was ppl running around with what could be considered twink gear one shotting ppl. I've done the whole questing thing way back, but I don't think I can put myself through that mind numbing grind again lmao

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast