+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Something smells like fish...

Soulwalker

Default Something smells like fish...

Okay, While i'm not the most accomplished Rift PVPer to ever hold a mouse...I find it nearly unplayable being a Primalist in CQ. Vulcanist spec is a joke, barring Ethereal Beam.

I am curious how other DPS specs can slaughter me at an extrator that's stoned and all turrents are set to max stacks of 4. with all 4 shooting at opponent and adding ME DPSing (usually it's a stealth class) and they seem to take next to no damage from turrents OR me for that matter.

I have attacked extractors with maxed turrents and have to run off and heal up before I can get one to half health even after blowing CD's, yet I can be standing in the middle of one of mine defending it vs one assassin and get my *** handed to me and not seeing much of any damage happening to the attacker.

Granted I don't know all the ins and outs of every class/soul but it seems a bit out of balance if I have to run away after 20 seconds of trying to destroy a turrent (with no enemy hitting me) yet some classes can run all around being "blasted" by turrents AND multiple enemies on my team and seem to take VERY little in means of damage.

I would like to think my gear isn't terribad I have 1375 hit and 14k AP and 40 crit power self buffed. yet I seem to drop faster than a drunk girl's panties at a frat party as a Primalist.
    Last edited by McGregors; 03-01-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Plane Walker

vulcanist is not in a good place atm.
    Even if all ticks of EB crit and you are not interupted you will still not beat a nb or sin 1v1.
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

The rogue probably had a pocket healer loving him otherwise he wouldn't be within firing range of those extractor turrets. Also, your hit and ap seem fine but 40 cp?
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Soulwalker

Default Crit power

40% sorry it's over 3100, and the Sin was the only one around there was no other players but me with 4 turrents and the extractor stone buff and a sin whipping my *** like I was his punching bag. The other issue is the stealth to break combat so they run in vs 3 enemies plus turrents break stealth open and kill somoene then run off break comabt/stealth and wait for CD's to come back up. Not sure how any ONE class no matter how well geared should be able to tear up a player when being attacked by 4 turrents and 3 players and live to tell the tale unless they are using some kinda exploit/hack or are a GM in disguise. I've seen some REALLY shady things in my time on this game to know when something isn't right. I have 2400 hours played since I came back over last 4.5 months. I PVP a lot! and i'm close to maxed on prestige rating so not sure what more I can do to be competitive other than roll a sin or nb or find out what hacks/cheats the "good pvpers" are using in order to levell the playing field.

I just feel, if one has to exploit/cheat to win then why even play if winning is that important to you, you have a problem. I don't care about winning or losing I just want my skill vs another player(s) skill without a huge NERF on my class vs the dominate souls in the game = very unhappy Primalist.

Hey this is about me I think!

I was sin, i ganked you at EN, cuz 70k hp.

You didn't have any buffs on either fyi.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Some hints to understand better:
    there are shield trinkets what usable in pvp, he can use healing tonic/philter, PA consumables. Turrets while hits hard they are "slow". Assassin can wreck someone who is not a healer within poison malice active, its burst very strong.
    And there is an old pve trinket what gives you one more vanish, I forgot its name but I have it in my bank, I don't use it tough. He can have link on him, defiler links has no range. He can have latent blaze on him no need the cleric to be around.

No need to cheat/hack to kill 2-3 under geared/unaware players in CQ and still survive. Bloodthirsty also can help.

Some mechanics favor certain soul callings. A Warlock for example can mortality the extractor+turrets and their health wont move. They are immortal during the duration of the channel, or at least get a full heal from it. I guess depending on your soul there are various tricks to ignore the turrets output.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Ethereal skill is only good for killing bads.

But fear not, I heard you guys are getting some op **** in the upcoming soul pack for Primalist.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 03-02-2016 at 05:31 AM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Soulwalker

Default Hmm

No Rgi, wasn't directed at you, I have been in your well organized PM's in the past. It is pretty much every stealth I've ever been up against, that has a decent comprehension how to play their class.

The other strange thing I have noticed is there is a "phase out" aspect when players that I have targeted transform into a beast, I admitted in O.P. that I am in part ignorant to all the aspects of Rift PVP, so not sure the proc's source, be it weapon or trinket. The process of disappearing for even 1 second is a very useful cloaking ability. Can anyone explain to me why people phase out during this transformation and is this intended or an added benefit to having said trinket/weapon proc?

I truly appreciate the insights I am gaining form the well thought out responses to the possible explanations I'm seeing to the "god mode status" of some player's abilities to seem invulnerable to damage.

I truly do hope they fix primalist, because it's a very fun class to play PVE and would be more fun to play in PVP if I didn't turn into a piece of tissue paper with a debuff or two on me. Also why do we not have a purge as a primalist?
    Last edited by McGregors; 03-02-2016 at 09:45 AM.

Shadowlander

well im a Sin and when i see a primalist volc its lunch time you have only 1 cc thats a root i can still shoot at ya and only thing i havve to worry some about is your beam so no if they dont fix it you are normally dead 1on1 :/

CQ is really lvl 60 content so a well geared player will take little damage from turrets. HINT to Devs. it would be nice to upgrade turret power so that they actually do something currently there is little point even putting them up.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnisina View Post
    CQ is really lvl 60 content so a well geared player will take little damage from turrets. HINT to Devs. it would be nice to upgrade turret power so that they actually do something currently there is little point even putting them up.
    You are joking right?
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by McGregors View Post
    Okay, While i'm not the most accomplished Rift PVPer to ever hold a mouse...I find it nearly unplayable being a Primalist in CQ. Vulcanist spec is a joke, barring Ethereal Beam.

I am curious how other DPS specs can slaughter me at an extrator that's stoned and all turrents are set to max stacks of 4. with all 4 shooting at opponent and adding ME DPSing (usually it's a stealth class) and they seem to take next to no damage from turrents OR me for that matter.

I have attacked extractors with maxed turrents and have to run off and heal up before I can get one to half health even after blowing CD's, yet I can be standing in the middle of one of mine defending it vs one assassin and get my *** handed to me and not seeing much of any damage happening to the attacker.

Granted I don't know all the ins and outs of every class/soul but it seems a bit out of balance if I have to run away after 20 seconds of trying to destroy a turrent (with no enemy hitting me) yet some classes can run all around being "blasted" by turrents AND multiple enemies on my team and seem to take VERY little in means of damage.

I would like to think my gear isn't terribad I have 1375 hit and 14k AP and 40 crit power self buffed. yet I seem to drop faster than a drunk girl's panties at a frat party as a Primalist.
    Ive come up to a player buffeting turrets solo (also being solo myself) and have killed them with all 4 turrets blasting me on my mage. But i have alot of self heals that help me get the job done. (I might have killed you once or twice too sorry bout that <3 ) Watch for debuffs. Self cleanse if possible with your spec to get the nasty dots and debuffs off you.
    I also will get ganked and use my Self cleanse, cleanse potions heal pots etc etc to get out alive.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Soulwalker

Default no cleanses in Vulcanist

I even have tried going Vulc/preserver mixture for a few self heal help to make killing me a little more challenging. It will take me 45 sec of applying nuture/deluge and that HoT forget name, just to get from 1/4 health to full that's how pathetic my heals are the very second I enter a warfront/battelground they are nerfed instantly and god forbid I get a debuff then it's ineffectual, comepletely, pointless. If i go my pure DPS spec, I have no purges, and only a root and the root charge form war planar abilities to "CC" people with. So what's this awesome new Primalist download everyone keeps talking about in 4.0? is there a place to read up on it? I read all the patch/update notes each wednesday.

If you want a decent chance, play dervish.
    Look at the war PA tree, two bits of utility you might have missed.
    Sin is designed for quick and sneaky takedowns, it has quite a lot of utility based around that so beeing unable to counter that makes it the harder to overcome their burst with yours.
    Vulcanist blink+root won't suffice to counter at all, especially because a simple break free completely negates that in an instant and then you can't do anything anymore, the blink itself is also easily countered by the charge.
    Vulcanist is meant to zergserf in pvp, that's the only way to it, you don't have the tools for any more aggressive or defensive gameplay than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    I really would like to answer to that, but no matter how hard I try, I find no way to do that without tripping over some of the red lines that are in place here.
    So at least I cannot discuss anything I want here, even though it is not personal, no vendetta, no rant, no trolling - just a couple of facts I dare not mention here.
    QFT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast