+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By nessis

Thread: Warmonger Weapon Devaluation

Soulwalker

Default Warmonger Weapon Devaluation

The warmonger pvp weapons have been reduced in value (both hit and stats) yet they still cost you the same (12 Warmonger Marks) or real cash if you want to purchase them. I have been saving up my pvp marks to purchase these weapons because they are quite valuable if for nothing else than the hit value attached to them. I now have like 5 Warmonger marks that i can do nothing with and having all ready sent an petition to Trion to convert these to a currency that is of some value; I was greeted with the standard "Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request as we are not converting currencies in-game."

Maybe I missed where it is stated in the patch notes that this change was going to occur but I cannot find it anywhere and this constitutes a ninja nerf by definition.

I am not here to argue weather or not the weapons should have been at that hit rating or cost...I am however here to argue that the changes should have been documented someplace.

They were reduced? From what to what?

Plane Walker

The warmonger weapons have to be upgraded once to reach their final stats. Alt+click the store weapons to see upgrade.

Soulwalker

that appears to be the case...tack on another 200k pvp marks and 7 Crystals.

Plane Touched

they will be worthless when t4 comes out anyway. good luck griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddddddddddddding these out. you should have them just in time for them to become obsolete.
    don't worry you will be able to buy what you need from the store for only about 200-300$.

p.s. trion cares (for your pocket book)
    Last edited by nessis; 02-28-2016 at 01:26 AM.
    my raf code 6WF67QEYJYY7TLCMY2M7
    get some free stuff but you'll have to be my friend!

So lets say you're a Patron (+40% favor) you would get about 5-7k for a win 3ish for a los, so lets make 5k per warfront the average(not counting Favor Vials or Charges).

You need 2,800,000 favor(with upgrade) for the 2-H, that's roughly 560 games(at 5k avrg.) hmmmm let's say you do 5 WFs per hour(mighty fast) so you need ~110h of warfront grinding for this 1 item or if you prefer 20k Credits ~100€ pick your poison.

Edit: so let's take this further..

Say that's not fast enough for ya' and you go full ****** and buy Favor Vials (1000 Credits a pop) what does that give you?

Well you are likely to get 15k per warfront(more like 12-13k) instead of the 5kish, ok so it lasts 2hours and assuming you do 10 warfronts in that time(more like 8-9) that's 150k per 2h ... that gives us around 20x2h runs for the 2.8mil(rounded up), what does 20x1000Credits give OH YEA 20,000 Credits = exactly the amount the wep costs in the SHop! WOW! somebody is doing their math at Trion!

PS. so the cheapest way of getting the Warmonger items is actually buying them outright in the Shop! .. no surprise there. But what does that also prove???? That Patron is TOTALY worthless!!! because it will cost you the same to buy them w/wo Patron! .. since Patron is not free it will cost more with Patron, buying them in shop for cash is the cheapest way, if you value your time at more than 0. Yes Patron gives you a shop discount but costs 2kish it self so at 20k spent it averages out to ~0.
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 02-28-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Rift Chaser

I`m 1 mark away from my first weapon, but this makes me sad and disappointed. I cant get all the 3 and upgrade before T4 releasing. PVP gear will get a new tier also?

Champion of Telara

I noticed they were no longer in the top 10 for cleric BiS weapons, but the T2's still are.
    http://www.riftscene.com/database/we...or/cleric_dps/
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread