+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Video: Chloro Life - PvP

Ascendant

Default Video: Chloro Life - PvP

Here it is, silent and with no sound track, so play your own music and enjoy:

https://youtu.be/uXjERFuqM90

What you will see: A series of clips from warfronts, including...
    - Nefelia dying
    - Nefelia not dying
    - Some nice saves
    - Awesome teammates
    - A God-awful team
    - Spankyou@Greybriar laughing at Nefelia (maybe someone can figure out why)
    - Familiarofzero kicking ***
    - Snugglepuff biting the dust (but that's okay, I had a Brez ready)

I'm planning on posting this on the General Forum once I fix it up some (music suggestions anyone?). Maybe some of them will be inspired by my video to actually learn to move in warfronts. Maybe not. We will have to see.

Default Chloro vs warden

Which spec is stronger in PVP aspect ?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hinatasama View Post
    Which spec is stronger in PVP aspect ?
    The general consensus is 61/10/5 Chloro/Stormcaller/Arbiter for the second Break Free (Ride the Wind) and as much mitigation as possible. I've tested out Dom variants but was not happy with the results.

61 warden is *** so chloro in pvp definitely.
    But wardinel is alot better then chloro.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    61 warden is *** so chloro in pvp definitely.
    But wardinel is alot better then chloro.
    I don't think anyone who has played both specs (Chloro and Wardinel) will ever disagree with you. You can get some good healing done with the Chloro, but it is a lot more work to produce that healing than it would be with most other healing souls.

And as you can see with the healing clips with Familiarofzero and Darkan, the Chloro's healing mechanics force the Chloro into DPS range and forces the Chloro to balance healing its target with healing itself. And since its self-heals are weak (ffs, I have to rely on cleanses as a form of self healing since I run out of instant-cast self heals after 2-3 GCDs) that means the Chloro needs to spend more than 50% of the time healing himself and scrambling for LoS unless the opposing DPS are terrible.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 02-20-2016 at 07:34 AM.

not a big fan of Entropic Veil?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I know i killed you a few times this past week... but i see none of that in there?
    --BC

Shadowlander

Chloro healing in PvP looks.... frustrating.

Nice vid tho
    Feels@Shardhopper
    Softskin@Shardhopper

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    not a big fan of Entropic Veil?
    I am very choosy with the use of Entropic Veil. I'll use it for Essence Surge quite a bit, and sometimes for regular Synth healing if I am being ignored by the enemy DPS. Making better use of it is one of the things I can improve on, but I tend to be very stingy with my charge in order to have enough for Ride the Wind and Rift Tomb.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    I know i killed you a few times this past week... but i see none of that in there?
    Well then why don't you post a video of that. I certainly would be interested to see how it looks from the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by SpongyCookie View Post
    Chloro healing in PvP looks.... frustrating.

Nice vid tho
    Lol, thanks. It certainly can be frustrating at times, but it also tends to be more fun and interesting than the direct healing style of clerics and rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Bragging on forum to kill a chloro. Were you alone or needed some help?
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Nice video Nefelia. Extra points for the title choice. I didn't know chloros could survive that long in a warfront. I usually see them dying to ranger pets

Someone once described chloro as this painfully awkward healer role where you feel like you should be healing, you have all these buttons, but what comes out are these fizzling "sort-of heals" that awkwardly land on people just as they die anyway.

The degree of spec mastery required to even begin to understand how to stay alive let alone heal others is cruelly out of reach for many mages. Often chloros are the one healer on the team that everyone wishes would switch to pyro.

You play it well.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Could not cast unknown ability: Voltic Feedback
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Nefelia at what elo lvl are you playing chloro?

It looks like when I am playing, only that they focus me even more.
    I cant get over 2600 elo at european severs, because from 2500 up all know that the chloro is the weak link and focusing + chasing you. So at that level chloro playing is more like run and los game. Run away from those 3-4 players that follow you and hope that your team is able to benefit from it.
    I only can heal when i have 2 good single target healers in my team that can save me. But in the end you often eat more damage than you heal; like you in your codex match.
    Its very frustrating to see a primalist healer next to you that gets hit and hit and hit.. and just does not die while healing more than the chloro. And you as chloro get nuked in 2sec if you have no big heal cds.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    Nice video Nefelia. Extra points for the title choice. I didn't know chloros could survive that long in a warfront. I usually see them dying to ranger pets

Someone once described chloro as this painfully awkward healer role where you feel like you should be healing, you have all these buttons, but what comes out are these fizzling "sort-of heals" that awkwardly land on people just as they die anyway.

The degree of spec mastery required to even begin to understand how to stay alive let alone heal others is cruelly out of reach for many mages. Often chloros are the one healer on the team that everyone wishes would switch to pyro.

You play it well.
    Thanks.

Playing the Chloro well requires a great deal of mobility with a soul that does not include many good options for mobile play. It took me a long period of experimentation and trial and error to get to my current level of play. There is still room for improvement, but then there are very few players couldn't improve upon their play in some way.

I'll be posting this video in the General Forum sometime soon in the hope that some of my fellow Chloros (among others) discover the importance of positioning and movement in their forays into PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    Could not cast unknown ability: Voltic Feedback
    Yeah, I experimented with a Chloro spec that included 5 points in Dominator. It was a disappointment, and I have yet to bother to switch up the macro I created during that time. I'll get around to it for the next video, if only to spare your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by NBliss View Post
    Nefelia at what elo lvl are you playing chloro?
    Eh, I was at 2450 or so before my break from RIft, came back and had my ELO plummet to ~2000 since. Part of that is due to the gear, no doubt, while the rest can be attributed to other factors. I suspect my ELO would be higher if I switched to DPS ore often when the map and composition called for it. But that would require me to learn how not to suck at DPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast