+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: potato matches are fun

Telaran

Default potato matches are fun

You are one of the better pyros I've seen of late Nitharsan. Keep up the good work!
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Holy balls your ui is triggering me.
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 02-18-2016 at 09:28 PM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

*twitch* UI *twitch*

Plane Walker

Not really that impressive of a screenshot. Seen a lot more lopsided matches, like that one Black Garden where you lost 100-500. You know, you win some, you lose some. Current matchmaking's just like that, unless you're Xclusive lol

Also, that UI lol
    Last edited by Wonski; 02-18-2016 at 11:32 PM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

This thread (and hundreds of posts & experiences from the past year and a half) are what I find really curious about the state of pvp in Rift today.

The general consensus has shown time & time again that the current pvp environment lacks the participation & most certainly, the level of competition that Rift once had.

Yet, screenshots & videos continue to flow- not only adding credibility to this observation but also that the players who thrive in such an environment prefer it this way.

This equates to an adult in good physical shape dominating preschoolers in a backyard game of football.

I guess it makes sense that those with a competitive spirit have gone on to greener pastures as opposed to lingering in a bloodsoaked arena of ineptitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    This thread (and hundreds of posts & experiences from the past year and a half) are what I find really curious about the state of pvp in Rift today.

The general consensus has shown time & time again that the current pvp environment lacks the participation & most certainly, the level of competition that Rift once had.

Yet, screenshots & videos continue to flow- not only adding credibility to this observation but also that the players who thrive in such an environment prefer it this way.

This equates to an adult in good physical shape dominating preschoolers in a backyard game of football.

I guess it makes sense that those with a competitive spirit have gone on to greener pastures as opposed to lingering in a bloodsoaked arena of ineptitude.
    100% - well said.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    What I find really curious is that we have people constantly complaining that there are bad and poorly geared players in PVP, yet at the same time I see them often talking about how small the pvp pool is and how it's just an handful of players constantly playing against each others.

You can't have it both ways.

You want new players? Accept the fact that they will be bad, and poorly geared***
    You don't want any new players? Then it just dies. Some people leave all the time in all games, if there's no one to replace them, it's just a dying game/dying pvp mode.

When a fully geared PVP veteran leave the game, the new player who replaces him will be (obviously) worse geared, and less experienced. I don't see how this is a Rift issue. This is a "every single game in the history of gaming" issue.

***which doesn't mean 'missing some gear slots' is fine, but fresh 65, even with all gearslots filled, are leagues behind a fully geared player in DPS/Healing output, and that's before you even consider the lack of experience/skill he has to learn in pvp. Even if he was as skilled/played as smart as the top PVP'ers (which he almost certainly can't do, because he's new to 65 pvp), he still would only do a fraction of what these top pvpers are doing.

And yes I know that targetting the right player and being at the right place isn't a matter of gear, but again it's a matter of skill, and yes it's expected that new players won't even be as good in doing that, than experienced players.

And it's not even just about new/experienced. I remember a whitefall game with one of the current top premades in Rift ( as in, "premade who gets lots of kills" ) but they completely ignored the objectives (thieves allowed to ran right past them without any opposition ) and we lost despite outkilling the enemy team 3 to 1 or something. At the end of the game it was actually the random puggers/'bad players' who tried to go for the objectives, and failed, obviously, without any support from their top premade to face the enemy top premade who was, obviously, unchallenged without any opposition from our team's premade.

Admittedly this isn't the standards, and yeah obviously new players are more prone to do stupid **** in WF's, but you shouldn't rely on the bad players on your team to win WF's anyway; The enemy team won't rely on theirs.

I feel like people talking about "The state of Rift PVP" and how it's atrocious because bad players and ****, have never played another game ever.

I took a break of Rift some time ago then came back, but while in my break I played FPS' and stuff for a change of pace and I would go 40-0 sometime.

People are terrible in all games, 80%+ of the gamers are always casuals who don't really try hard enough, or even if they try hard they're not very good anyway.

And in MMO's, there's a gear aspect to add to the lack of skill.

Telaran

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    You are one of the better pyros I've seen of late Nitharsan. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks

And I like my ui don't hate xd

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    stuff
    While yes there are problem that are inherent in all mmos that's why they separate the players properly with elo and stuff. I mean pvpers wanted to fight good pvpers and have fun. Roflstomping is only fun for so long. The real fun is when the matches are good and u beat good opponents imho. No one wants to carry some 58k player with no idea what they are doing. Just put them in their own damn bracket or something until they get better. Obviously our player base is too small for this now so just gear blocked them or something like ntes. However, there is so many ways of doing something instead of nothing and that's what these posts try to highlight.

Shadowlander

I'd rather lose a close match than win a roflstomp.
    Last edited by Kuol; 02-25-2016 at 06:04 AM.

What's a close match? 15min stalemate?
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

yeah i really believe that you'd rather lose a "close" whitefall steppes where they hung on to the fang until 30sec left than some easy win...
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Shaolonfeng - Lvl 65 Warrior Khazeshini - Lvl 65 Mage
    Natsuno - Lvl 65 Rogue Erystar - Lvl 65 Cleric Tereni - Lvl 8 Primalist
    Grump Queen, Gives no S**ts, Mindless Pyromancer, Full-time Raid Healer

Quote Originally Posted by Kuol View Post
    I'd rather lose a close match than win a roflstomp.
    I do love the super fast matches that you win quickly - but the most enjoyable and thrilling for me are the ones where you're neck and neck with the opposite team. Watching those points get closer and closer to 1000 for both sides and not knowing if you and your team have done enough to push you just over the edge is the amazing part of perfectly matched warfronts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast