+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Warfront haters

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    38

    Default Warfront haters

    Hi, since a couple of weeks some players (like me) encounter some little problems in wf.
    I have a lot of friends in that game but also some haters.

    Sometimes, in 10er or 15er wf (composed of 2 or 3 groups) someone puts you in group 4 with a sad smiley mark over the head. I can still remove this mark and move back to other group but haters don't give up, they'll spend the whole warfront doing this again.

    So my question is simple, would it be possible to restrict the possiblity to put marks on allies, and allow only on ennemies ? and to disable the possiblity to be moved in group 4 when for example you are in a whitefall wf (which is limited to 15man-3groups) ?

    Or , i don't know, if some teams like to mark themselves, then add an option that would let you choose if you agree being marked or not.

    These players doing these annoying things are generally the same guys spending the whole time insulting people in chat during wf. (and most of the time they are the most useless players in there, they're just full of hate because you killed them hard in the past, because they still can't play pvp and are frustrated for any reason)..

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Asenturius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozengeek View Post
    Hi, since a couple of weeks some players (like me) encounter some little problems in wf.
    I have a lot of friends in that game but also some haters.

    Sometimes, in 10er or 15er wf (composed of 2 or 3 groups) someone puts you in group 4 with a sad smiley mark over the head. I can still remove this mark and move back to other group but haters don't give up, they'll spend the whole warfront doing this again.

    So my question is simple, would it be possible to restrict the possiblity to put marks on allies, and allow only on ennemies ? and to disable the possiblity to be moved in group 4 when for example you are in a whitefall wf (which is limited to 15man-3groups) ?

    Or , i don't know, if some teams like to mark themselves, then add an option that would let you choose if you agree being marked or not.

    These players doing these annoying things are generally the same guys spending the whole time insulting people in chat during wf. (and most of the time they are the most useless players in there, they're just full of hate because you killed them hard in the past, because they still can't play pvp and are frustrated for any reason)..
    I never understood why there is an ability to mark in wf's anyway tbh unless the bads are that bad they can't even look at castbars to determine who the healers on the opposite side are.
    -=Insert huge list of raid kills and achievements here=-

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Xibitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    278

    Default

    ^
    If you do any PvP recently then you know about the insane amount of potatoes that are 'forced' to be there to cap their marks. So definitely need symbols for the symbol minded.

    OP: Just roll with it for the time being, it's just a mark, although annoying it doesn't impair your abilities in any way. The more to try to get rid of it the more satisfaction you're giving to those lame players. I would say report them but since a lot of people need to report a single player for trion team to take a look, idk if it'll do any good.
    Azteck@Deepwod
    <Orden del Temple>

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozengeek View Post
    Hi, since a couple of weeks some players (like me) encounter some little problems in wf.
    I have a lot of friends in that game but also some haters.

    Sometimes, in 10er or 15er wf (composed of 2 or 3 groups) someone puts you in group 4 with a sad smiley mark over the head. I can still remove this mark and move back to other group but haters don't give up, they'll spend the whole warfront doing this again.

    So my question is simple, would it be possible to restrict the possiblity to put marks on allies, and allow only on ennemies ? and to disable the possiblity to be moved in group 4 when for example you are in a whitefall wf (which is limited to 15man-3groups) ?

    Or , i don't know, if some teams like to mark themselves, then add an option that would let you choose if you agree being marked or not.

    These players doing these annoying things are generally the same guys spending the whole time insulting people in chat during wf. (and most of the time they are the most useless players in there, they're just full of hate because you killed them hard in the past, because they still can't play pvp and are frustrated for any reason)..
    When that happens to me, I just clear all the marks - I mean every single one of them. After some time, they would just stop, or the game gets thrown because nobody would knows who the enemy healers are. Of course, you don't clear it immediately when they put the "sad face", give them some time to mark the healers, skull and the 1,2,3s first.
    Last edited by Observers; 02-15-2016 at 06:51 AM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    I just leave it on...

  6. #6
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Observers View Post
    When that happens to me, I just clear all the marks - I mean every single one of them. After some time, they would just stop, or the game gets thrown because nobody would knows who the enemy healers are. Of course, you don't clear it immediately when they put the "sad face", give them some time to mark the healers, skull and the 1,2,3s first.
    Well I hope I don't get on your team when that happens. People changing and removing marks on the other team drives me nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser DeLivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asenturius View Post
    I never understood why there is an ability to mark in wf's anyway tbh unless the bads are that bad they can't even look at castbars to determine who the healers on the opposite side are.
    Because browsing through every player on the other team is such an effective way to identify healers or other high value targets (especially in zergfests like Whitefall, Stone Karthan, Dex rush etc)...

  8. #8
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    Because browsing through every player on the other team is such an effective way to identify healers or other high value targets (especially in zergfests like Whitefall, Stone Karthan, Dex rush etc)...
    Well, it's not for the people willing to pick out the healers. It's for the potatoes that just sit at mid focusing a tank with multiple healers on them. Even that won't guarantee a target swap, but there's a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  9. #9
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asenturius View Post
    I never understood why there is an ability to mark in wf's anyway tbh unless the bads are that bad they can't even look at castbars to determine who the healers on the opposite side are.
    its because 90% of the old time pvpers have left leaving wfs filled with potatoes. most cant and dont want to learn how to pvp they just want a free win/ride to cap raid marks,most will even tell you that.

    in 99% of the wfs im in i mark targets and no im not joking.at the start of most wfs i say attack the healers first, "in most cases thats the right call". what do people usually say to me?ok,mark the healers..... so i have to mark every target "hand holding" at what point is a player going to learn for themselves? = they dont.

    the funny thing is "some" would call me a wf hater because i tell potatoes off after watching them fail at simple directions/objectives.but the truth is i hardly even talk in game/guild chat ect.i just get sick of seeing people that dont want to learn ruin wf after wf and troll about it.

    Blighted Antichamber- ever seem and entire team cap a side base then port up to sphere all the while one or two players are screaming get the flag/kill efc he's right under all 8 of you.then the other team gets a free cap and my team will do the same fail thing again then tell me to shut up and mark me with a sad face.what do i say? look at the score what your doing doe snot work listen to people that know what they are talking about.

    that type of thing happens in every wf and i can tell how a wf will go in most cases in the starting zone.hell i get trolled for marking healers then yelling at my team stop attacking the fing tank and attack the guy keeping him alive. you would be suprized how many fail to attack a target with a big green + over his head.then again its the same people that are in wfs with low dps and low healing #'s, players ask wtf were you doing if both are low?

    last week i had this player in a wf that was in a 4 man pm start botching about our team had no heals.so i said to him your a rogue start healing,he replied **** rogues are the worst pvp healers in game ....... and that myself "warrior" should be healing.i first said you made a 4man pm and no heals,get what you asked for,i then said rogues are great healers,3rd i pointed out that i was #1 "by far" highest dps and that said player was at the bottom of both healing and damage done.he then tells me to **** "again" and says hes new and not that good at pvp.then why act/talk like you are?

    thats what usually happens on "bad" wfs teams and most of the pvpers rift still has understand what im saying 100%.
    Last edited by butkus; 02-15-2016 at 08:45 AM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Ballzyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Only since few weeks? i've some haters's clubs since 3 years, some in your guild no? haha

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser DeLivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Well, it's not for the people willing to pick out the healers. It's for the potatoes that just sit at mid focusing a tank with multiple healers on them. Even that won't guarantee a target swap, but there's a chance.
    That was sarcasm. The guy I quoted didn't believe that the ability to mark people in PvP is necessary. And I know about the potatoes that wouldn't change targets even if you'd shove a big sign in their face. Trust me, I know all too well. In other words, being able to mark healers and other threats properly can be very valuable if people actually pay attention and dps people marked as heals that are actually healers. Sure, every now and then there will be wrongly marked players or someone trying to sabotage for their team, but IMO, that's a downside worth having.

    As for you, OP - people marking you for some personal grudge they hold against you or whatever, I'd say suck it up and let them have their little fun. Focus on the game instead.
    Last edited by DeLivia; 02-15-2016 at 09:34 AM.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    38

    Default

    maybe some guys dont like you in my guild balls, but i dont think they insult you or put you marks and move you constantly to grp4...
    We are a pvp guild (yes this still exist), and most of my guildmates are respectful, if you receive some kinds of insults , just wisp me in game i'll do the necessary to fix this.

    Back to the subject : i dont care what ppl do or not do in warfront, i just ask to be able to play peacefully without this kind of stupid actions.
    1- option in parameter to choose if i agree being marked by allies in wf
    2- impossiblity to move players in grp 4 when you are in a 15 man wf...or in grp 3/4 when you are in a 10 man wf...

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Croix01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    300

    Default

    For the time being just go with it. This has happened to me in IAs but not in WFs. Someone was probably having a bad day or got fired from their job or something so they want to grief you. I see it happen to others quite often.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Ballzyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    188

    Default

    No insults, only specials scream macros *15 per wfs everytimes. But i find it funny anyway.

    About the subject, B*****a was life ban account for harrasing clerc dps, he puted marks on them, he was switching them on parties every seconds. He was afk during full wfs to do that, now he is back on an other account to do the same job.
    About the cries marks i had some too, by rdm players. Without reasons.

    You know as well this Thread is useless, we can speak about it, but trion will never do a thing like that, or anything related to pvp.

    Cu in wfs great pvp guild
    Last edited by Ballzyboy; 02-15-2016 at 12:49 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozengeek View Post
    maybe some guys dont like you in my guild balls, but i dont think they insult you or put you marks and move you constantly to grp4...
    We are a pvp guild (yes this still exist), and most of my guildmates are respectful, if you receive some kinds of insults , just wisp me in game i'll do the necessary to fix this.

    Back to the subject : i dont care what ppl do or not do in warfront, i just ask to be able to play peacefully without this kind of stupid actions.
    1- option in parameter to choose if i agree being marked by allies in wf
    2- impossiblity to move players in grp 4 when you are in a 15 man wf...or in grp 3/4 when you are in a 10 man wf...

    "impossiblity to move players in grp 4 when you are in a 15 man wf...or in grp 3/4 when you are in a 10 man wf...[/QUOTE]
    "

    why do you care what group you are in when your in a raid/wf?who cares if someone puts you from group 1 to group 4,its meaningless.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts