Like Tree9Likes

Thread: great protips for winning in ghar station

Soulwalker

Default great protips for winning in ghar station

great protips for winning in ghar station-protip.jpg

anyone have similiar things to share?

Telaran

Well, that is the way to win

Until you realise that the stone gives +25% dmg increase to the weilder and should be used as a weapon to wipe the team disabling all capabilities of them holding stones in the first place.

I've never seen it called a candle. It looks nothing like a candle.

Sword of Telara

The stupid, stupid thing about this map is that not all eggs give 1pt per tick, some give 3. If your team has 4x 1pt eggs at mid and the enemy has 1x 3pt egg and is playing manugo with it, they are gaining points faster than your team. This fact seems lost on the vast majority of players as the obvious thing to do is to hit their home manugo (as your team can presumably wipe theirs in this situation) and steal their egg and run off with it.

And the 3pt/1pt spawns aren't even necessarily symmetrical, and I'm not convinced they're the same every game. It's easily the most unbalanced WF between the two teams because of that.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Ascendant

If you are a healer, go play Manugo. If you are a DPS, use the damage boost to control the map so that more healers can get an egg of their own.

Two people at a Manugo station for one egg is a waste of manpower.

Plane Walker

This is still the most unpleasant map in my opinion (apart from BT with it's OP cannons). I don't get why a map like BA, which encourages people to actually PvP, gets more hate over a map where people think right-clicking a thing multiple times is fun. Even when you do get the damage buff, people will more often go far off into the corners, unless there is a particularly OP team that can control mid 100% of the time and not worry about missing any runes.

Port Scion is okay, BT is no bueno, and BA is great, but Ghar Station is just based on a fundamentally boring objective that discourages people from PvPing.

Also, dat EU English flava :P, though to be fair, Americans type rather poorly too.
    Last edited by Wonski; 02-14-2016 at 06:26 AM.
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Peachezz View Post
    I've never seen it called a candle. It looks nothing like a candle.
    I think it's because you get the glow at the top of your character's head, which looks like a candle flame c: kinda cute
    Wonskee@Deepwood - Dark Malice PvP Guide - Griefer PvP Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by paragonfury View Post
    wtf??? I simply asked for the ultimate one button tempest macro without both torrents, not a fricken story book u nerds.
    \_(ツ)_/

dps: grab a stone, find the enemy player with the least hitpoints (worst geared, lowest resists), take screenshot of how hard you hit them, post in forum sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    If you are a healer, go play Manugo.
    please don't do this. heal your dps holding stones. also don't run to play manugo the moment you wipe the other team, they will be back, your team will be down one heal in center, you will wipe, and lose control of the map. you can run off and play manugo after you establish good control of the map and after you establish a solid lead to run up the score even more, but i've seen plenty of these warfronts lost when too many people run to play manugo too soon.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

The best strat for any WF is: Don't give up, don't zombie PvP, play the map and work as a team.

All this endless debate about the best way to win will never end. People will never agree on what is the best strat, but even a poor plan, when executed as a team working towards the map objective, will out perform another team that is busy arguing which WPs are the best, or who should hold the stones, and who should DPS.

If you can't get your team to follow your brilliant ideas, you should support their terrible idea, because working together is the best strat.

The main things that causes a team to lose is: not working as a team, not paying attention (zombie PvP), not playing the map, giving up, and bickering/arguing. Until people can master the basics it doesn't matter very much, which WPs you hold, or if you hold the stones mid vs. playing manugo.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-14-2016 at 10:26 AM.

Sword of Telara

I don't understand why people who heal try to pick up stones (or runes in library, same thing). When the point comes that it 1 hits you, anyone else dependent on you to survive dies as well.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I don't understand why people who heal try to pick up stones (or runes in library, same thing). When the point comes that it 1 hits you, anyone else dependent on you to survive dies as well.
    Because this mentally that some people are too important to hold the stone/fang does more damage than picking it up. In a prefect set up, you could assign stone/fang holders, but far too many people think they are too important to pick up a stone/fang, and it just comes to a point where you just need people wiling to pick up the stones/fang.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 02-14-2016 at 10:35 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    please don't do this. heal your dps holding stones. also don't run to play manugo the moment you wipe the other team, they will be back, your team will be down one heal in center, you will wipe, and lose control of the map. you can run off and play manugo after you establish good control of the map and after you establish a solid lead to run up the score even more, but i've seen plenty of these warfronts lost when too many people run to play manugo too soon.
    I've seen just as many lost due to people clucking around the middle while the other team roams around and grabs stones as soon as they spawn.

The point of my post was simple: you don't need a healer and a DPS to play manugo. If I can juggle self-healing while clicking the manugo station, I'm sure anyone else can. Rather than having a healer babysit a DPS on the manugo station, I'd rather see that healer self-healing on the station while the DPS goes off to do something more productive (perhaps working to control the map, as you mentioned). Hell, I've seen a second healer stop to keep me up when I am healing myself at a manugo station, depriving the center of two healers before I can finally shoo them away.

tl;dr: you don't need two people to Manugo. If DPS wants to manugo, they can switch to heals when they reach the station.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 02-14-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Someone has to do it, and having a healer babysit a DPS at the Manugo station is just a waste of manpower.

Ghar Station is one of those mas that greatly benefits from having a larger number of healers on the team. If having one or two healers at Manugo stations leaves the center without adequate heals, then you've got a bad team.

Edit: Just going to add that this is a rule of thumb subject to change depending on the conditions of the match. For instance, the other team may have roaming DPS taking out Manugo players, in which case a DPS and healer at the station is a good idea.

But again, never two healers. :/

Edit #2: Well geared and experienced healers like Kynze should be in the middle. Noobling healers like my Cleric alt should be at the Manugo Station.
    Last edited by Nefelia; 02-14-2016 at 04:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast