+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Conquest

Default Conquest

The recent change to conquest has to be one of the worst changes I've ever seen. And before you jump on me saying "Oh I just wanna pug stomp" lemme br-break it down for ya.

1. Would you do this for raiders?
    -Would you tell raiders they can only join a raid with 5 people and they have to RNG pug the rest? No. Then don't do the same for pvpers.

2. I cant play with guildies.
    - Instead of being able to play with guildies, now I have to kill them while random players I've never seen before leech off what I lead instead of the players I actually want to play with.
    - Plus, why should we still bother being called a PvP Guild, if you don't want us playing together? If you don't want there to be any pvp based guilds left in Rift, just say so.

3. Still a streamroll
    - I joined CQ, and we ended up outnumbering the other team 2 to 1 zerging them the entire time with no problem. The only time we wiped was when our 2 healers (yes we only needed 2, that's how easy it was) both disconnected and we probably couldlve still won the fight if...

4. Specs
    -Now instead of being able to organize our raids before entering, we all get the pleasure of running around with 5 rangers and 65k pyros not willing to change specs. You are literally punishing good players by forcing them not to play with each other in order to keep the players that refuse to play proper specs happy. And speaking of players not doing things properly....

5. Following Calls
    -With a premade you could guarantee people would follow calls. I can call something now and I'll be lucky if 3/4ths of the raid goes to where I called. and 3/4ths of the raid is still 3/4ths of the team because.....

6. No Reason to do Cq
    - the sparkle quest made cq extremely active, many premades were forming; well there once again is no reason to do CQ. Why bother with content that gives you almost literally nothing worth of value for the time spent there? You simply had to give us rewards and multiple premades would be forming all day.

In Conclusion
    The New Conquest lacks meaningful purpose, any sort of reason to organize your team and even if you try, half the time they wont change specs or follow calls; You are punishing players and guildies and telling them they cant play together AND forcing them to carry players who are literlaly afk leeching sitting outside spawn. I and many other players have given plenty of meaningful suggestions to fix conquest. Instead you punish the players that actually want to participate and play with each other by removing premades. I'll happily list some of the suggestions we suggested in the past below

A. 10 Man Premades -- more then 5, less then 20, we can actually play with guildies in a decent amount in large scale pvp.

B. Limit # that can queue based on time -- Based on the time of day limit the number that can queue into Conquest (ex. 5 am = 5 max, 8 pm = 20 max) based on population.

C. Only Allow Premades At Prime Time -- Don't let premades form besides 1 or 2 matches during primetime encouraging premades to form so they can fight each other.

I hope you take the time to read what I've posted and actually RESPOND to feedback a player has about something pvp-related. 20 man premades 24/7 were extreme yes, but going from 1 extreme to another is not a solution to anything.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Not surprisingly, I'm sure, I agree with Rg on this post. I have added a few more things in various other posts that I will not repeat here, about why it is not an improvement being forced into a large scale wf situation with no guarantee that you will have more than 4 other people willing to work with you (the limit of what you can q in with during this test).

I was against Rgi in that last match, and I had a raid which started quitting as soon as they died the first time. It made it impossible to gain any momentum or regroup when we were draining players after each encounter. Typically if I'd gone in with a 20 man group, they would have stayed and been willing to regroup and try different specs/set ups to become competitive.

Now, the other factions will have an even lower chance of rallying to turn the match around. QQ's and quitters hoping to get an easy win make it a more miserable experience for everyone, and the only thing limiting pms has done is encourage them to keep on doing what they've been doing.

Adding to Rg's suggestions is the idea to run fewer Conquest matches throughout the day. It would seem less of an endless grind (perhaps) and give people a chance to do other content between matches. One hour is not really enough time to complete other content, and it dilutes the already lower population.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

Posting to allow my sig to be viewed. again
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Soulwalker

Default CQ loot

An Eye of Untold Madness would be good loot and bring people in. Fragments of Madness, or Fragments of Darkness would help. But the old void stones that no one needs as a reward isn't good. Crifting gives better rewards. All rewards in Rift have been updated except CQ. There are a number of ways to liven up CQ again and it wouldn't be hard. Why does CQ loot have to be from 2 years ago? Without people doing CQ its almost impossible to even finish the weekly for 100 frags of darkness.

PVE guilds get to raid together. PVP guilds don't get to play together.
    Last edited by Packs; 02-13-2016 at 01:06 PM.

I am totally in agreement with the suggested changes in the OP. These new changes w/ the off hours of CQ.........ghost town would be an understatement.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

I just got out of a two hour CQ.
    Let me tell you about my experience with your experiment, Trion.

I spawned in to a total group of 15 people.
    Within the first 3 minutes, we had three different people making dissimilar raid calls.
    At some point, the others stopped making calls... and ceded lead to me.
    However, I found I only had 7-9 people following my calls.

I didn't have raid lead, and the person who did have it wouldn't transfer it or answer my requests for it. So, I couldn't arrange my group or cull out the people who didn't want to follow the calls.

After the first hour, I finally had 10-12 people (out of the 20) that would follow calls.
    We even managed to win a few small fights.

After a call to kill the enemy (instead of extractors), only about 5-7 people followed the call, and we got wiped. At that point, a number of the players left the raid. (possibly left CQ).

Because I couldn't set up my raid, couldn't assign roles, and couldn't depend on the pugs that wanted to "do their own thing", we wound up with 5% of the extractors and a handful of kills when timer finally (mercifully) rolled around two hours after it started.

This is what your "experiment" has given us... it's not fun, and it certainly isn't PvP.
    It's kill PvE extractor after PvE extractor, and everyone run away from the enemy.

I won't be participating again until it is restored to the 20 man raid join.
    Last edited by Kaelani; 02-13-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Rift Disciple

I see it as more of a "aging" demographic issue.

When Rift first started, ya'll were still little young boys (and girls) gettin handouts from daddy and mommy, playing rift 24/7. As the years go by, these little boys have grown into fine young men, gettin kicked out of the house and have to work for a living, or a girlfriend(s) (and kids) to feed.

When you don't have time to be competitive in CQ, the next best option is to just stick to shorter WFs, IA and the other less demanding activities, like minions. It's hard to work 8 hours a day, and still be competitive in all aspects of Rift.

Perhaps if CQ could be made less complex, some what more guided for an aspiring lead. I think CQ suffers from the same problems as NTE. Few wants to be the tank (lead).

There is most likely no way to enable some perfect change to Conquest & make everyone involved happy.

1. If its stays at 5 person queues, <Hello Kitty> is unhappy.

2. If it reverts to the 20 man queue, it turns into a ghost town and any unopposed premade reaps the rewards with virtually zero effort- which happens more often than not.

3. If Conquest provides "new & improved" attractive rewards, you'll have the "I hate being forced to do content I don't like" crowd- which we already hear WAY too much. Plus, we don't have the population to generate multiple premades at offtimes, so then Problem #2 rears its ugly head again.

4. If you limit 20 man queues to "primetime", you reduce the options of those who have no choice & are unavailable to play at those times- which again, is unfair.

I prefer the smaller groups- I guess it fulfills the longing for owpvp that is sorely lacking in Rift- but I'm only one voice, and one voice shouldn't resolve the issue.

Let Trion monitor the activity & results from the weekend and see where they want to go from here.

Basically, Rift just doesn't attract the "pvp crowd" it once did so Conquest is very unlikely to reach the heights it once did.

http://i.imgur.com/aA58Je7.jpg?1

Primetime Conquest. 7 people per team.....
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

I've already said enough on the subject in multiple threads.

What Rgi said.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/aA58Je7.jpg?1

Primetime Conquest. 7 people per team.....
    i agree with most of the things you post about but the 5 man thing we disagree on.you and anyone else from back in the day know i was always pro PM guy but sadly this is not back in the day and we dont have the player pop to support cq like it use to be.i use to run cq pms almost every round i would get atleast two whispers/invites for each cq,most common where aqua and predict.then we had land,yourself and many others leading as well,hell just cause use to make smaller sized pms and jump into cq and mix it up,but not any more.

sad thing is all the players i named have left the game except for you,there's not enough cq leaders left to go around.back in the day even solo qing you had a good chance to land on a pm during prime time,there was always more then 1 pm. i understand what your saying about being stuck with "potatos" for pugs but think of the other side of it.imagine your entire team being made up of "potato" pugs and you have to face a full pm and get your weekly's done.predict is the last person i ran in a PM with and how long ago did he quit?so i know 100% what its like to solo q and i know whats it like to run in 20 man pm's, and i can say 5 man pms is "more fair" for how the game is now.

like today i landed on your team and we farmed kills we were the strongest team but lost at timer.why? because the other teams had a leader and a few players that knew what to do.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    i agree with most of the things you post about but the 5 man thing we disagree on.you and anyone else from back in the day know i was always pro PM guy but sadly this is not back in the day and we dont have the player pop to support cq like it use to be.i use to run cq pms almost every round i would get atleast two whispers/invites for each cq,most common where aqua and predict.then we had land,yourself and many others leading as well,hell just cause use to make smaller sized pms and jump into cq and mix it up,but not any more.

sad thing is all the players i named have left the game except for you,there's not enough cq leaders left to go around.back in the day even solo qing you had a good chance to land on a pm during prime time,there was always more then 1 pm. i understand what your saying about being stuck with "potatos" for pugs but think of the other side of it.imagine your entire team being made up of "potato" pugs and you have to face a full pm and get your weekly's done.predict is the last person i ran in a PM with and how long ago did he quit?so i know 100% what its like to solo q and i know whats it like to run in 20 man pm's, and i can say 5 man pms is "more fair" for how the game is now.

like today i landed on your team and we farmed kills we were the strongest team but lost at timer.why? because the other teams had a leader and a few players that knew what to do.
    if there was more incentive than void stones and t1 hearts more people would play. sadly there isnt. pvp is being punished because its not more like pve. just a month ago during the sparkle quest there was incentive and TONS of PMs and people TRYING to win cq, not just avoid red and farming extractors which the 5 man initiative has created.
    Last edited by Grrrrl; 02-13-2016 at 04:43 PM.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    if there was more incentive than void stones and t1 hearts more people would play. sadly there isnt. pvp is being punished because its not more like pve. just a month ago during the sparkle quest there was incentive and TONS of PMs and people TRYING to win cq, not just avoid red and farming extractors which the 5 man initiative has created.
    sure i can agree on the incentive thing but what i said in my last post still holds true and everyone knows it. even during the sparkle quest a stacked healer packed 20 man pm wiped out half ***/half pug pms. even more so now with flavor weapons a full 20 man pm has a huge advantage just farming for flavor.in 2 cqs this weekl i finished my weekly kills quest and i have had this quest for two weeks.only difference is last week i got like 200 kills before i said f it.

i cant count how many times i have jumped into cq only to see a 20 man pm hit timer in a matter of mins going against teams with 3 people on them.if you guys cant see the problem with that then i dont know what else to say.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

We farmed kills and yes we lost, just like premades usually do.

And both other teams had HK leaders and HK grps...we came to the conclusion after that match we will no longer do that. I will only join with Shen if she wants to go in and I will no longer lead against her if I come in late. I'm not helping pugs anymore while my guildies suffer. Don't expect many more matches like that.

i cant count how many times i have jumped into cq only to see a 20 man pm hit timer in a matter of mins going against teams with 3 people on them.if you guys cant see the problem with that then i dont know what else to say.
    We do see the problem, and we made suggestions to fix that. Trion chose to ignore it and punish people wanting to play together instead.

Trion has made it so I have to farm my guildies in Conquest because we cant play together while pugs get to benefit from it. No.
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    We farmed kills and yes we lost, just like premades usually do.

And both other teams had HK leaders and HK grps...we came to the conclusion after that match we will no longer do that. I will only join with Shen if she wants to go in and I will no longer lead against her if I come in late. I'm not helping pugs anymore while my guildies suffer. Don't expect many more matches like that.

We do see the problem, and we made suggestions to fix that. Trion chose to ignore it and punish people wanting to play together instead.

Trion has made it so I have to farm my guildies in Conquest because we cant play together while pugs get to benefit from it. No.
    What's wrong with friends and/or guildies being on opposite teams?

Do you quit/afk warfronts when friends happen to be on the other team? Most players don't- the competitive nature of pvp should also include "friendly" competition- which makes it all the more fun.

<Hello Kitty> has pursued making changes to Conquest many times in the past, but posts like this & others add credibility that they are doing it for their own selfish means as opposed to helping the pvp community as a whole.

When Conquest was new, the exact same scenario presented itself. Yet, over time a handful of players established a certain degree of reputation which encouraged those on the same faction to follow- why are so many of the supposed established CQ "leaders" afraid to step away from their comfort zones all of a sudden?

I can't tell how many times I remember leaders like Aquafria, Beermaid, Fattyarbuckle, Nesiara & others pop into a CQ channel after the onset of a match, and led hugely successful affairs with no premade prepped- and those who wanted to secure a win & have fun fell into formation with a grand chance of securing victory soon after.

Players want to cry foul regarding the 5-man queuing limit, but there isn't any reason those involved can't adapt to the new situation- after all, we did when Conquest WAS new.

Heaven forbid any pugs benefit from players who have the opportunity to make a positive change.

Gee, no wonder CQ has waned in popularity.
    Last edited by Hectyr; 02-13-2016 at 06:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast