+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By somerandomnamee
  • 1 Post By somerandomnamee

Thread: Heed the call

Shadowlander

Default Heed the call

Folks,

Remember when our brethren stated it was unfair that PVP gear was anywhere near as godly as PVE gear due to PVP afking and generally getting their things for free, then it was found out about that exploit using PVErs were gaining equipment through a bug, quack quack. (raid gear by deadly solo)

Now some of our dear beloved friends have gained untold riches due to the content released for Heed the Call

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Hey folks,

We've carefully reviewed the issues affecting Call to Arms, and regret that they cannot be properly addressed in time for the current event. As a result, we've had to disable the additional drops from mobs during the event; sorry for the inconvenience.

To make up for this issue, we will run the event again next with fixed quest and mob drops. Additionally the quests will be available to all players (not just Patrons) during that time.

Thank you for your understanding.

I as you will also feel, that all these people that have benefited from this 'mistake' will destroy their fragments and offer their plat gained to the orphan fund.
    (maybe upto 100 frags at 100-200 plat each.....per player, NICE)

Yea, right, thought not, I bet if warfront boxes suddenly 100's of fragments, we wouldnt hear the last of it....... Enjoy being second rate.

the benefits of actually doing something with your character......
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Rift Disciple

Some people got 150 while i was raiding, if i would have known its getting fixed i soul recall during bossfight

Not to mention that the hotfix went live shortly after the event started on NA, so poor guys didnt get too much of it. (including my welfare alt)

#euprivileges

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by lasyra View Post
    Remember when our brethren stated it was unfair that PVP gear was anywhere near as godly as PVE gear due to PVP afking and generally getting their things for free
    Not to hijack your thread, but this is such a dumb ****ing reasoning.

People AFK in warfronts so we can't make PVP gear too good, as people get it for free!

How about preventing people from AFK'ing in warfronts, that would fix a million problems and seems more logical than "let them AFK but don't give them good gear - or to those who actually try - so they're not rewarded too much!".

It's not like it's super widespread either, like half the teams afk'ing every game...
    Yeah sometime people go afk when it's a sure loss, but you'd get the same in PVE if "loss" was possible.

I mean, outside of the new raid progressions, every PVE is a "win". You don't have a 50% winrate in an NTE dungeon.

When a raid boss wipe 3/4 of the team, people usually just wipe the rest, they stop trying, it's pointless right? This is the same as AFK'ing in warfronts. It's giving up when there's nothing you can do anymore.

I do not condone afk'ing in WFs, and have never done it even if it's 10-999... But if a raid boss killing 3/4 of your team meant that you had to wait 10 minutes before trying it again, PVE'ers would afk too.

also, while I don't PVE in rift, I've done it in many different games, and to be honest there's just as many failures in raids than there are in PVP. Sure they don't openly afk because they'd get kicked out ( which we can't do in pvp - NOT OUR FAULT, btw, so why are we punished for it? )... But they can't pull any DPS, they can't move out of ****, they literally die every single boss attempt so the team is effectively 19/20 most of the time...
    Yet these people gear up with the rest of them, just because they're carried by their guild.

I would understand these complain if the gear had always been unified...But if (as it was before) PVP gear actual point was to be good for PVP, what do the raiders had against it. angry they couldn't pwn as much in PVP due to their ability to grind PVE scripted ****?

Trion gave us the same "no charge stacking, no map selection for non patron" ******** they gave the PVE'ers, but why?

PVP is obviously just a freaking minigame in Rift, why do we have to go through the same hardship that the thing ( PVE ) that actually grant good gear?

We're suffering through a bad matchmaking system that puts us in horribly imbalanced teams or even matches that are already lost and we can't prevent this in any way, facing issues that are almost never fixed, and all this for gear that can't even compete with PVE ****, despite taking a couple thousands WF to earn the full suit.

If PVP is dealt with seriously ( including it in patron stuff etc.. ) then give us some serious gear along with it.
    pve a lot, get best gear for PVE
    pvp a lot, get best gear for PVP

It's so simple that any kid would come up with such system if asked.

Carpenters usually get carpenter tools on the job.
    Ballet dancers usually get other things, and they're usually not as good as the carpenter tools for carpentry; Which is fine because that's not what ballet dancers want to do anyway!

In what world does it make sense that to get the best gear for PVP you have to do something that has absolutely nothing to do with PVP?

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    !

In what world does it make sense that to get the best gear for PVP you have to do something that has absolutely nothing to do with PVP?
    in trion worlds.

thats why im canceling my patron subscription and actually reconsidering if i should play some other game there on the market.

Shadowlander

Default Heed the call

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    the benefits of actually doing something with your character......
    Point is, this was their code that strangely screwed up, people have made a killing out of it,
    again and again it happens in the PVE setting with little to no repercussions.

Actually wonder how many know of the monumental screw up.

same player, 20 frags 190 plat each 3800 plat if sells, nice benefit for a few hours gaming.

As I originally posted, if this had happened out of WF boxes, forum would have gone into melt down.

I also will not be renewing Patron, PC is coal fired anyways and struggles like hell.
    So's the one at the keyboard, but at least I freely accept my failings.

AFK in warfronts, people have suggested multiply ways to deal with this, no dice

Ascendant

People AFK in warfronts so we can't make PVP gear too good, as people get it for free!

How about preventing people from AFK'ing in warfronts, that would fix a million problems and seems more logical than "let them AFK but don't give them good gear - or to those who actually try - so they're not rewarded too much!".
    Absolutely. The burden should be on Trion to implement a system that rewards activity and performance within warfronts/conquest/OWPvP and allow PvP players to get top-tier gear as a result.

The simplest way would be to tie favour gains to performance metrics (which already exist). All of the following should contribute: Damage Done, Healing Done, KBs, Saves, successful CC, Objectives, high ratios of Damage Done/Damage Taken, KB/Death, Healing Done/Healing Taken, Damage Taken/Death.

Those who perform well get more favour (+26% to +100%). Those with a mediocre performance get mediocre favour gains (-25% to +25%). Those with poor performance get poor gains (-26% to -85%). And those who AFK get minuscule gains (-86% to -100%). With such a system in place, AFK players would never be able to get enough favour for the top PvP gear and the necessary upgrades, and Trion would no longer have any excuses not to reconsider the second-class status of PvP-acquired gear.

Anyone have a better idea for this?[/QUOTE]

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Absolutely. The burden should be on Trion to implement a system that rewards activity and performance within warfronts/conquest/OWPvP and allow PvP players to get top-tier gear as a result.

The simplest way would be to tie favour gains to performance metrics (which already exist). All of the following should contribute: Damage Done, Healing Done, KBs, Saves, successful CC, Objectives, high ratios of Damage Done/Damage Taken, KB/Death, Healing Done/Healing Taken, Damage Taken/Death.

Those who perform well get more favour (+26% to +100%). Those with a mediocre performance get mediocre favour gains (-25% to +25%). Those with poor performance get poor gains (-26% to -85%). And those who AFK get minuscule gains (-86% to -100%). With such a system in place, AFK players would never be able to get enough favour for the top PvP gear and the necessary upgrades, and Trion would no longer have any excuses not to reconsider the second-class status of PvP-acquired gear.

Anyone have a better idea for this?
    [/QUOTE]

There's like a million ways to deal with AFK's that would work just fine, this is one of them. The only minor problem with that system is that fully geared players (aka people who don't need any more gear) would earn favor much faster than poorly geared players (aka people who do need the gear).

Unless they add something to do with favors when you're fully geared, this seems like quite a waste.

I'd personally go for :
    A player does nothing for a while, kicked after a few minutes, and put on an INCREASING deserter debuff ( 15 minutes the first time in the week - so if your internet disconnected or something, you're not harshly punished - 1 hour the second time, 6 hours the third time, a day the fourth time, and full week the fifth time ), something like that. Your "counter" reset at weekly reset or something.

If you are jumping in spawn or damaging&healing yourself to make it look like you're doing something, people can report you, and if you don't do anything within a minute of being reported ( fighting an enemy or capping a point/picking a stone ) you're automatically kicked of the WF and get the same increasing deserter debuff listed higher.
    important, IT DOES NOT tell the guy he's being "suspected" of being afk. You don't want him to start playing only when he's reported. It's all secret, until he's kicked.
    So he has to play at all time unless he wants to risk getting kicked for afking.

Also this is account wide. Deserter debuff is pointless when you can just hop on another character.

also pointless in its current state because you can just watch a movie until it pass or something, hence the increasing lengths debuffs.

It's not like it's super widespread either, like half the teams afk'ing every game...
    Yeah sometime people go afk when it's a sure loss, but you'd get the same in PVE if "loss" was possible.

I mean, outside of the new raid progressions, every PVE is a "win". You don't have a 50% winrate in an NTE dungeon.

When a raid boss wipe 3/4 of the team, people usually just wipe the rest, they stop trying, it's pointless right? This is the same as AFK'ing in warfronts. It's giving up when there's nothing you can do anymore.

I do not condone afk'ing in WFs, and have never done it even if it's 10-999... But if a raid boss killing 3/4 of your team meant that you had to wait 10 minutes before trying it again, PVE'ers would afk too.

also, while I don't PVE in rift, I've done it in many different games, and to be honest there's just as many failures in raids than there are in PVP. Sure they don't openly afk because they'd get kicked out ( which we can't do in pvp - NOT OUR FAULT, btw, so why are we punished for it? )... But they can't pull any DPS, they can't move out of ****, they literally die every single boss attempt so the team is effectively 19/20 most of the time...
    Yet these people gear up with the rest of them, just because they're carried by their guild.

I would understand these complain if the gear had always been unified...But if (as it was before) PVP gear actual point was to be good for PVP, what do the raiders had against it. angry they couldn't pwn as much in PVP due to their ability to grind PVE scripted ****?

Trion gave us the same "no charge stacking, no map selection for non patron" ******** they gave the PVE'ers, but why?

PVP is obviously just a freaking minigame in Rift, why do we have to go through the same hardship that the thing ( PVE ) that actually grant good gear?

We're suffering through a bad matchmaking system that puts us in horribly imbalanced teams or even matches that are already lost and we can't prevent this in any way, facing issues that are almost never fixed, and all this for gear that can't even compete with PVE ****, despite taking a couple thousands WF to earn the full suit.

If PVP is dealt with seriously ( including it in patron stuff etc.. ) then give us some serious gear along with it.
    pve a lot, get best gear for PVE
    pvp a lot, get best gear for PVP

It's so simple that any kid would come up with such system if asked.

Carpenters usually get carpenter tools on the job.
    Ballet dancers usually get other things, and they're usually not as good as the carpenter tools for carpentry; Which is fine because that's not what ballet dancers want to do anyway!

Because money. PvE gear is BiS for PvP because money. No longer are games made or updated so that they may grow thus making more money in the long run.

*Rifle looks smart*

Setting -- PvE players spend the most on your game.

Head Game Guy -- "So if most the players who spend money do PvE do I want them doing good in PvP or doing bad with the chance they might quit the game and not pay me more money?"

Random office guy -- "We can make PvE gear best in slot for PvP, that way the players who spend the least amount of money are the ones who might leave"

-- CEO walks out of the room --

Head Game Guy -- "Great idea"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Setting -- PvE players spend the most on your game.
    Well, of course they'll spend more, they made PVP a joke. With imbalances and games lost on joining, and crap gear rewards, you can't expect people who focus PVP to be enthusiastic about throwing their money at Trion.

If you work in a restaurant and serve the feast of a king to some guy, and a platter of **** to the other one, the first one is more likely to tip you more. Then you start giving the second one bad service because he's a bad tipper?

YOU made him a bad tipper in the first place by serving him ****.

If Trion brought PVP back to its glory days, PVP'ers would pay too.
    But why pay to PVP when it earns you terrible gear that's not just outclassed by the current raid gear tier, but also by the previous one, so everytime they release a new tiers, PVE'ers are ALREADY fully geared, while PVP'ers have to begin the grind to just get to a point that's far below them (but just a bit closer than they are now!)

If they stop treating PVP like a joke, people won't laugh when they're expecting money for it.

They put the exact same difficulties/challenges ( both case you have to rune your ****, dreamorb your **** if you want to be effective, make many roles, get efficient builds, etc..etc.. and now you have to pay for patron if you want features like 'selecting a map' or 'stacking charges')... All good, but if you do all that in PVE, you get the bestest gear in the game.
    If you do all that in PVP? You get **** that's about as good as the previous tier, aka the stuff PVE'ers already had when the patch hit, and that's when you're done grinding it all. Thousands warfronts just to get to "previous tier" point and no possibility to move forward.

+ Reply to Thread