+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: State of PvP in the game

Default State of PvP in the game

Hi, I used to play this game a couple of years ago and was liking the PvP aspect of it until the lead designer (named Daglar if I am not mistaken) decided to change things (for the worse imo) so I decided to leave. My question would be, is that guy still around? and how is pvp in this game now?

To the moderator: if you don't like my questions feel free to delete the post, ban me, or whatever. To be honest, it would help me reach my decision easier that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Majapahit View Post
    is that guy still around?
    yes and no. he got promoted beyond Rift, but he's still with Trion.

and how is pvp in this game now?
    its a bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    RIFT, or any MMO for that matter, is a lot like a series of buckets. These buckets are the various activities in RIFT, things like Warfronts and Dungeons and IAs.
    Last edited by Kronos v; 02-12-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    yes and no. he got promoted beyond Rift, but he's still with Trion.

its a bucket
    liquid quality

One of the worse changes made to pvp was to make gear progression completely RNG-based, through looting the winning chest in Conquest, and the absence of any other means. Is this still the case?

One of the worse changes made to pvp was to make gear progression completely RNG-based, through looting the winning chest in Conquest, and the absence of any other means. Is this still the case?
    good news!
    the conquest chest is now largely irrelevant to you gear progression.

RNG is fun. RNG is life.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I think I am going to give this game another try. Thanks for the replies.

good for you, but don't waste your time on CQ
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

I'm not really sure why people are so upset about minor gear issues in PvP.. To me that's like worrying about the color of the toothbrush if stranded on a desert Island..
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

Quote Originally Posted by JICHAEL View Post
    I'm not really sure why people are so upset about minor gear issues in PvP.. To me that's like worrying about the color of the toothbrush if stranded on a desert Island..
    The poster's comparison was referring to the era before 3.0- much less like a "desert island", more comparable to "getting my pvp gear at the local mall."

No rng involved, you pvp'ed and used the rewards to select your next upgrade and/or piece of gear that complemented you existing gear.

A moot point I suppose, as the "bring back pvp gear" requests have passed the gate long ago- taking with it a LOT of pvpers.

Plane Walker

PvP in rift follows a very strict, and time tested, fail your way to success model.

Of you join enough war fronts as a ranger or a tank (except for VK) Eventually you will get on a team with 2-3 players who don't afk the entire warfront so you have a chance to win.

Don't worry though when you get on a team with 2-3 people who actually PvP you still don't have to. Just enjoy the free ride.
    #endthedoublestandards

OP: Don't forget to bring your ranged calling to PvP, otherwise you'll have a hard time as melee. Unless you in a pm.

Ranged people want to take our disconnect abilities to cripple is even more but that won't happen.
    Last edited by Xibitz; 02-13-2016 at 06:38 AM. Reason: because i can
    Azteck@Deepwod
    <Orden del Temple>

Plane Walker

Im enjoying wf's as much as ever tbh. Theres always something to complain about but i still have fun.
    my biggest complaints would be:
    - Too much burst dps and cc, not uncommon to go 100% to 0 in one cc.
    - Players giving up too easily, not uncommon for the babies to afk after 1min if they feel the wf isnt going well for them.
    - cash shop. Ditch it and go back to sub. Its cheaper thb!!
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

Soulwalker

Default My PvP Experiences

I played a lot of warfront games in Storm Legion and liked it a lot. So I started to play again. The PvP is still great ... with one exception.

Gear is everything!

Sure, it should make a difference, but not as high, as it is right now.
    My gear is a mix between Expert-Dungeons and the Warfront-Epics. In the warfront I have about 70k health. The thing is, that I can't stand a chance against players, who have about 80k+ (who aren't tanks).
    Against healers I do not do dmg at all. Don't get me wrong, I know my specc and do 40k+ singletarget at expert bosses, but when it comes to players with a healthpool of 80k+ I hardly get them below 90% with my burst skills.

I think the PvP would be a lot of more fun, when even a newbie could take down a fully geared player, if the player is doing a lot less than the newbie. As example: A mage with 86k health is channeling a 2sec fire-spell on me and I drop from 100% to 20. That's not, how it should go.

My positive experiences 'til now are the new warfronts, and fights versus players, who have similar gear to mine. The combat system is still great.
    Last edited by thundr; 02-14-2016 at 01:53 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by thundr View Post
    I played a lot of warfront games in Storm Legion and liked it a lot. So I started to play again. The PvP is still great ... with one exception.

Gear is everything!

Sure, it should make a difference, but not as high, as it is right now.
    My gear is a mix between Expert-Dungeons and the Warfront-Epics. In the warfront I have about 70k health. The thing is, that I can't stand a chance against players, who have about 80k+ (who aren't tanks).
    Against healers I do not do dmg at all. Don't get me wrong, I know my specc and do 40k+ singletarget at expert bosses, but when it comes to players with a healthpool of 80k+ I hardly get them below 90% with my burst skills.

I think the PvP would be a lot of more fun, when even a newbie could take down a fully geared player, if the player is doing a lot less than the newbie. As example: A mage with 86k health is channeling a 2sec fire-spell on me and I drop from 100% to 20. That's not, how it should go.

My positive experiences 'til now are the new warfronts, and fights versus players, who have similar gear to mine. The combat system is still great.
    I have played during in same time, now i come back and pvp is totally broken.
    There is no more Bolstering ( or totally ****ed).
    New players are totally useless in Bg !! why ?

Difference between old and new players is too much significant, honestly i havent seen something like this since a long time ( F2p korean game) !
    Skilled or not, nothing change, only solution is farming BG and cross finger to win and drop the right stuff.
    Nothing can be more frustrating !

Soulwalker

I still like to play PvP if my opponents have similar gear to mine though.

What I don't understand is, that Trion doesn't seem to realize the ridiculous differences the gear makes nowadays. I totally agree with you to name this just broken!

There is even a buff in PvP, which should upgrade your gear a little, like in Storm Legion. But now it really doesn't make a difference at all.
    If the pvp developer would just work at that buff, it could be easily restored to a game, which you maybe can call competitive, I guess.

I can understand every single low geared player, who prefers to do nothing after a few minutes of chanceless dying and that is f***ing sad.
    Last edited by thundr; 02-21-2016 at 04:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast