+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest Premade Group Testing

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Conquest Premade Group Testing

Starting this weekend, we're going to fire up another test disabling the ability to join Conquest in groups larger than 5.

The previous test showed some promising early results, but unfortunately a few workarounds to the change caused us to end the test early.

Here is a synopsis of that original idea:

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    One of the things we'd like to test is limiting the ability to join the queue with more than 5 people. This change is a test of the functionality and how it impacts player experience long term. Raid sized premades have been a subject of significant discussion amongst the community for some time, and we’re going to roll out this limitation to live servers either with Echoes of Madness or shortly afterwards. This limitation does not signal a change in our overall philosophy of enabling RIFT players to play together as they choose, however we would like to see how this impacts overall participation in Conquest. Once this change goes live we’ll be keeping the eye on the results, and will discuss this limitation with the community after about a month or so of it being in place on the Live Servers.
    We're planning to run this test for the next couple weeks, and look forward to your feedback. Thanks!

Was expecting this, cant say I'm Surprised.

Last edited by Rgizil; 07-29-2016 at 01:23 PM.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Was expecting this, cant say I'm Surprised.

But #'s aren't the issue, the issue is there is no point in doing Conquest. If you give CQ incentives people will do it.
    I don't do CQ often (not in a guild, don't know many players, plus I'm having some lag in massive zerg fights) but I can see how this change would make more people queue, at least the solo people.

When you can queue with 20, if you're not in one of those 20, you'll most likely be against them... And as we know, even just a 5 man team in warfront can obliterate random puggers, a 20 man one is no contest really.

Limiting this to 5 players per team means that the solo/weaker guys will sometime be against the "top team" but sometime with them.

Seems to give more of a chance to the solo guys or those who queue with just 1 or 2 friends.

And I guess this might be seen as a good or a bad thing (good for the common players, bad for the competitive ones who wanted to crush the competition) but CQ never felt like a very competition-oriented game mode anyway... It's just a zerg, your zerg has it or it doesn't, and (from the few times I played at least) it's rarely great teams against great teams in a challenging match.
    It's a massive premade (or massiveS premadeS) against randoms/worse premades, and the bigger fights are usually done in seconds, with one team like outdpsing the other one by 500% or something equally ridiculous.

Is this live right now? It's still friday

If this actually fixes Conquest I'll be as happy as anyone.

I can see this working out a few possible ways:

Conquest popularity is revitalised, each team gets numerous 5-man PMs and numerous solo queuers, large-scale raid vs raid vs raid makes a comeback because it's fun (not because of the garbage in the chest). Everyone gets their carnage weekly done in a reasonable amount of time, although not everyone may get their weekly win. Matches last one to two hours and timer starts on kills.

Or, conquesters who queue only with full PMs no longer bother. The solo queuers now have a chance to shine, forging their pugs into a team. Smaller teams Zerg around the map, capping exactors and avoiding combat. Matches last four to five hours and only end when one team has the numbers to dominate because the others got bored and gave up, quickly become unpopular, no one gets their weeklies done anymore.

Or, as we all know is possible, elite five man teams can still dominate the map. A dominant PM still crushes the pugs in a few engagements causing the opposition to quickly leave the match. The dominant PM is then free to claim the rest of the map. Matches are a little longer and carnage weeklies still difficult to get done. The only difference between this scenario and what we have now is that now at least twenty people at a time are claiming a win and the 'rewards.'

I am interested to see what the outcome will actually be! I hope it does lead to a revival of Conquest, but that will only happen if its FUN. The only other way to entice people to participate other than FUN is to put worthwhile stuff in the chest. Void stones are not worth four hours of back-capping extractors and minimal kills.

This is great news and you should have done it few months ago. But with such poor rewards CQ gives why bother doing it. I even got the "Heart of the Frozen" recently but it's just a T1 upgrade item, luckily I still had a single T1 item on me. And now that I have this.. there is zero(apart from the weekly win) reasons for me to join.

I know, how about the Extractors giving some type of currency (maybe Favor) periodically? up to a set amount.

Say 10 Favor every minute per extractor up to 200 favor per extractor, this could also be wired into a count down timer somehow. After an extractor spent all it's currency it could even go neutral again, that would mix things up in case there is an OP group running around, ie. the more extractors you have the harder it is to defend them all.

There might be 2 types of extractors giving different currency too, like say Void Stones and Favor extractors.

You need to make CQ - 1st worth while and 2nd fun .. it's neither ATM
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 02-12-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Will fix CQ for two days tops.

As Rgi said, unless there are rewards the content will stay dead. CQ rewards right now are a joke.

Look at the CQs when sparkles were in the chest. Pretty much proves the reward argument correct.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 02-12-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. (™)

this will have a negative impact on the player community that has grown around CQ premades.

Well, looks like I see no reason to do conquest anymore. I only enjoy pm vs pm. Without this, there's no point in doing conquest. With 5 man premades, conquest will be longer with fewer kills and will very quickly turn to turret farming. This is definitely not the way to fix conquest because it's not addressing the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

This will not revitalize conquest in any way beyond an initial curiosity. Happy to give it a test though.

The underlying issue is there are no worthwhile rewards for doing conquest. With the noticeable decline in conquest population, most pms have already been self-limiting their pms to smaller sizes anyway.

Another suggestion I think you should consider trying is a longer delay between conquest matches. If people know it only runs maybe 4 times per day, as opposed to every hour after a match ends, there may be a few more people in. Until there are rewards worth fighting for, there is no real incentive to join though.
    Shenoah@Deepwood
    GM - Hello Kitty
    ~how did I end up here, again?~

I was in CQ earlier and didn't know queues were capped at single groups. I always solo-queue in so it made no difference to me. It was competitive, all three sides were within an extractor or two in score. Groups were running around fighting around extractors. Real fights, similar sized groups, not a raid vs a few players. I thought it was a lot more fun to play in.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    I was in CQ earlier and didn't know queues were capped at single groups. I always solo-queue in so it made no difference to me. It was competitive, all three sides were within an extractor or two in score. Groups were running around fighting around extractors. Real fights, similar sized groups, not a raid vs a few players. I thought it was a lot more fun to play in.
    Well considering every CQ today has had cq premades in it and the first match with 5 man max hasn't happened yet....
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Well considering every CQ today has had cq premades in it and the first match with 5 man max hasn't happened yet....
    Seems to have been active since earlier this afternoon. At least with one I was in about 3:00 pm est.
    Last edited by Zithsic; 02-12-2016 at 04:09 PM.
    Dreambreaker Zithsic - P100 Warrior
    Officer in Grievance

Quote Originally Posted by Zithsic View Post
    Seems to have been active since earlier this afternoon. At least with one I was in about 3:00 pm est.
    That's what everyone was saying in the match I was in earlier. I solo queued so there's no way for me to know the difference except what I was seeing in the match and reading in all the chats.

Soulwalker

Hope next time, there wont by possibility to join cq only as a single player ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast