+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DeLivia
  • 1 Post By Foolio

Thread: Warmonger's warhammer working as intended?

Default Warmonger's warhammer working as intended?

So I've had the Warmonger's Stiletto for a little more than a month now, and the proc is really nice in PvP. On a dummy it deals about 4200 damage, which is reduced to ~2000 something in PvP, which is still a lot of damage.

A few days ago I had enough Warmonger's marks and favor accelerators to get the second weapon. But the proc on this is really garbage compared to the Ice Zerker proc. I have never seen it proc even for 1000, and I think it has a 10 second cooldown, which means it adds approximately 100 to your damage, or even less. Let's say that on average someone hovers at or around 5k dps in PvP. I.e. the proc isn't even 2% of your total damage. So please tell me it's broken, tell me I haven't wasted 1.4 million favor on a piece of garbage.

Sword of Telara

Pff. I don't know, which procs get reduced and by how much seems to follow little-to-no logic whatsoever.

I wish they'd just make all of them get scaled the proper amount so we were playing PlayerVersusPlayer rather ProcVersusProc at times. It makes no sense that you can get >10% of your output coming from procs alone...

Edit: Oh yes, it also completely invalidates the whole "gear is gear" unification principle Trion decided to force on us. Items preferable for PvPing are not equally effective elsewhere. I'm looking at dreamsources, core fragments, SHoEs, etc.
    Last edited by Foolio; 02-10-2016 at 04:04 PM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Pff. I don't know, which procs get reduced and by how much seems to follow little-to-no logic whatsoever.

I wish they'd just make all of them get scaled the proper amount so we were playing PlayerVersusPlayer rather ProcVersusProc at times. It makes no sense that you can get >10% of your output coming from procs alone...
    For the cost of the weapon (1.2 million favor + 200k more for upgrade), the proc is really, really bad though. The tooltip says something like 5-8000, which, if it followed the same bolster calculation as the Ice Zerker proc, would be more like 2500-4000 damage. Right now I see it hit for anywhere between 300 and 900, and once every 10 seconds. Not worth it by a long shot. Useless, really.

Was looking at getting this but I'm guessing the T2 Relic I have would be better overall. Has anyone tried the Nightmare saga weapon? Curious how much the proc does and if the 5% heal is effected by pvp heal penalties

Sword of Telara

There's no real reason to get the 2h weapons at all, unless you're a primalist like a certain toastmuncher round here.

Seems ridiculous to have inferior choices offered for the same cost.
    Last edited by Foolio; 02-10-2016 at 04:16 PM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Any dev wanna chime in on this? Only takes 10 seconds to type a 'yes' to confirm that I spent 1.4 million favor on literal sh*t or a 'no' to give me hope that it will be fixed.

No? Nothing?

Well there's a debate on the topic at the moment.

T2 relics get downbolstered and thus lose their procs and you are unable to put weapon stones on them.

Warmonger weapons don't get downbolstered and you can put weapon stones on them (Adding a lottttt more stats) and also get a proc, however you lose some weapon DPS.

Here you might think that because the T2 relic is downbolstered it has the same WD as warmonger, well they still never fixed that so T2 relic has higher WD. So really it's your choice.

For healing as a primalist you should grab the warmonger 2h and put a weapon stone on it. For DPS just use a raid one, since the warmonger proc is terrible and the WD outweighs the weapon stone applied & terrible proc.

I don't have a relic T2 weapon. Nor would I want one for PvP.

I bought the second Warmonger weapon specifically for its proc, believing it would be around the same level of damage as the Ice Zerker proc. The purpose of this thread it to hopefully get a dev response to either confirm that the proc works as intended or if not, request that they take a look at and adjust the numbers. In it's current shape, the cost is not in any way justified.

I don't have exact numbers now, but I could definitely grab some screenshots of the damage distributions (in a PvP environment, obviously), to further bring this issue to light. Without being too confident, I would definitely estimate the ratio between Ice Zerker and the 'Warhammer' proc is over 10:1, perhaps even higher.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    I don't have a relic T2 weapon. Nor would I want one for PvP.

I bought the second Warmonger weapon specifically for its proc, believing it would be around the same level of damage as the Ice Zerker proc. The purpose of this thread it to hopefully get a dev response to either confirm that the proc works as intended or if not, request that they take a look at and adjust the numbers. In it's current shape, the cost is not in any way justified.

I don't have exact numbers now, but I could definitely grab some screenshots of the damage distributions (in a PvP environment, obviously), to further bring this issue to light. Without being too confident, I would definitely estimate the ratio between Ice Zerker and the 'Warhammer' proc is over 10:1, perhaps even higher.
    Yeah xD I wish primalist had ice zerker, the other proc is literally useless, or how other classes can get double procs, like warriors having ice zerker + Armour and health steal at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLivia View Post
    So I've had the Warmonger's Stiletto for a little more than a month now, and the proc is really nice in PvP. On a dummy it deals about 4200 damage, which is reduced to ~2000 something in PvP, which is still a lot of damage.

A few days ago I had enough Warmonger's marks and favor accelerators to get the second weapon. But the proc on this is really garbage compared to the Ice Zerker proc. I have never seen it proc even for 1000, and I think it has a 10 second cooldown, which means it adds approximately 100 to your damage, or even less. Let's say that on average someone hovers at or around 5k dps in PvP. I.e. the proc isn't even 2% of your total damage. So please tell me it's broken, tell me I haven't wasted 1.4 million favor on a piece of garbage.
    bump.. Can we at least have the option to exchange this product (warhammer) as its clearly not working as advertised..
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Was looking at getting this but I'm guessing the T2 Relic I have would be better overall. Has anyone tried the Nightmare saga weapon? Curious how much the proc does and if the 5% heal is effected by pvp heal penalties
    the saga proc is bad in PvP. I have seen zero healing from it in a 15min intense WF.
    H / K O X B O X

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Sounds like this may be me, no I'm not a bot just have a higher density of fast twitch muscle fibers compared to the average human

+ Reply to Thread