+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Did You See all the PVP improvements in the Patch Notes?

Default Did You See all the PVP improvements in the Patch Notes?

Neither did I
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos
    I'm not against you enjoying raids. I'm not against you enjoying pvp.
    I'm not against you having a fancy pair of pants from raiding.
    I am against imbalance in pvp. Your fancy raiding pants are unbalancing pvp.
    Fallse Sempper Infidus Carpenoctum Mayhhem

But it's there! You just need to believe it!

during the last live stream Kerilar mentioned than he was working on something for pvp.
    however, he is a content dev, meaning it'll likely be a new map of some kind.

while his efforts are appreciated, content isn't the only thing that needs attention in the pvp bucket.
    I wouldn't even put it at the top of the list (removing AFKers and quitters would be at the top of my list - no one likes being given bread with mould on it).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallse View Post
    Neither did I
    Generally they aren't added in in incremental hotfixes. Seems an odd place to be expecting them.

Generally they aren't added in in incremental hotfixes. Seems an odd place to be expecting them.
    ive been waiting for prestige rank to be removed in a hotfix, since it is currently meaningless. Also have been waiting for a hotfix to buff the old pvp consumables, since they are also currently worthless. You could sell them for favor (more favor vials = more money for you, no?) and *gasp* credits, surprised you guys havent done this yet. Or instead of removing prestige rank add some sweet gear/weapon skins only obtainable with max prestige rank and add another 50 prestige ranks or something to try and get people to spend money on prestige vials. What about a hotfix to reward favor to the PvP weeklies? Seems reasonable? You have tried to monetize everything from crafting to artifacts yet you have done nothing for pvpers except try to force them to buy patron to get back the ability to specific queue WFs.

there's been a ton of other suggestions that PvPers would like to see under patron status that would get them to pay, but ive never seen any recognition of them, nor has anything been added to benefit pvpers to help generate you $ except favor vials.
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 02-10-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    ive been waiting for prestige rank to be removed in a hotfix, since it is currently meaningless.
    It's not meaningless so much as it's just a fluff achievement goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    It's not meaningless so much as it's just a fluff achievement goal.
    meaningless in that it was previously tied to gear availability. If you tied it to nice skins more people would PvP and possibly even buy prestige vials if the skins were nice enough. Add 50 more prestige levels and make prestige only rewarded for a win. instantly increase pvp population and get the people only there for the skin to try to win and buy prestige vials.
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 02-10-2016 at 01:56 PM.

you get a title. lots of achievements only give a title.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Trove gives you a power level icon next your name, like a d3 paragon potrait wow rank or our own portrait unlocks.

Even trove has better design feelsbadman
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-10-2016 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Trove gives you a power level icon next your name, like a d3 paragon potrait wow rank or our own portrait unlocks.

Even trove has better design feelsbadman
    I'm stealing this idea tybb

Well generally a hotfix is to hot fix things, not jack with the entire game's economy.

Seems like a weird place to be putting things for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Well generally a hotfix is to hot fix things, not jack with the entire game's economy.

Seems like a weird place to be putting things for sure.
    Savage shade

I'd like to see Trion implement a system where a team can give up and leave a warfront without penalty. This is to prevent one team from holding an objective in order to farm the other team for kills. I've been on both sides of this and I can attest that it's no fun for the team getting farmed nor is it fair in general.

My suggestion is to allow unanimous or majority vote on the team being farmed if there are 5 or more minutes left in the match. I'd also limit this system to certain warfronts, like Whitefall. Yes, I recognize there are problems with this, like teams immediately giving up. Feel free to chime in with your own ideas. Of course, my suggestion wouldn't solve the bigger issue, which is lopsided match-making, but it could serve as a temporary fix.
    Last edited by fripples; 02-10-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Default Well

I thought we might get some fixes to BT, a fix to the WF never ending saga of the PM Turtling strat, or perhaps a fix to the map glitches in KR

I would think none of that stuff is a new mechanic or game changing - I mean in WF for example the consensus is there are 2 solutions let the flags spawn every x minutes whether the 1st one is capped or not OR add in a stacking damage buff to the stones. I prefer the former but it doesn't seem like either of these would be all that hard to pull off.

If we did get slight improvements every so often in hot fixes it would likely keep folks from complaining quite as much.

Default So yeah

I dont see why if we can get wardrobe and AH hot fixes .... any of the things I mentioned above would be out of line.

Just saying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast