+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DarkDaemon

Thread: Charges should make you immune to hard CC during their animation

Default Charges should make you immune to hard CC during their animation

I feel that players shouldn't be able to get feared, stunned or rooted mid-charge. I obviously don't mean that charges should function as break free.

Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    I feel that players shouldn't be able to get feared, stunned or rooted mid-charge. I obviously don't mean that charges should function as break free.

Discuss
    I agree its a special class ability and should be immune.

CC is wacked in this game and needs a fix. I like having it simply because it makes game play more interesting but all CC should be on the same global cool down. Actually I have yet to even see a cool down on CC- its masked in BS immunity or resist which is a joke.

Being able to CC a player in mid-charge reiterates my point that CC mechanics in this game are stupid and need a fix.
    Mischiief Aeternna Verittie Trieu

How about removing all CCs on all ranged specs? It's ridiculous enough they have more CCs and anti-CCs than any melee can spec to.

Too bad all Devs and their moms play ranged only.

Let's get back on topic

All I want is to not be frozen and floating while charging. Debilitates are fine, but stuns are not.

agree with this 100%. ogcd debils are especially a problem, even moreso after a respawn or at the start of a warfront when you charge at a few enemies and every marksman and pyro have their ogcd debil up since you aren't immune anymore.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Discuss
    nothing to discuss. +1 to topic.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RealRyco View Post
    How about removing all CCs on all ranged specs? It's ridiculous enough they have more CCs and anti-CCs than any melee can spec to.

Too bad all Devs and their moms play ranged only.
    This is the thing... In a game where 90% of the players play ranged, what you're suggesting is effectively very close to "Remove all CC's from the game".

... I obviously don't mean that charges should function as break free.
    most of them already do, at least for roots/snares.

the better solution would be removing (or disabling in pvp) most of the CC in the game.
    stunning/rooting melee mid-charge should totally be a thing, but it shouldn't be such a cheap thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I agree I think also some of the CC abilities have way to much duration. You blow a cooldown and have the whole thing eaten up by a disable or a cc that i way to long.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AVGVSTVS View Post
    I agree I think also some of the CC abilities have way to much duration. You blow a cooldown and have the whole thing eaten up by a disable or a cc that i way to long.
    the cooldown is more a problem than the duration imho... (ok it's probably both).
    10 seconds cooldown OGC stuns, this is ridiculous.
    If you attack a pyro he basically ALWAYS have his stun up, unless he was already in fight.
    This shouldn't be that way.

Cooldowns/CC's should be a tool to use at the right moment ( either for getting an edge in battle, or in desperation to save your life ), not something that you can mindlessly use all the time because you're getting it back in 10 seconds anyway.

Especially when, for the rare occasions where it's down, you have 2-3 other strong CC's to use, and a root, and so on.

This is not only frustrating, this kinda removes a strategical aspect to PVP.
    As you said, using cooldowns just to have them killed by CC's is bad, but it's even worse when you can't really prevent it.

If you attacked a pyro, he stuns you, you break it/let it happen, THEN you pop your burst... That would be a strategy.

But now if you fight a pyro, he stuns you, once it's over you pop your burst, but he can stun you again few seconds later and eat half of it anyway.

Ah, maybe this is me coming back (slightly) on my words... but maybe especially ranged should have less CC's/longer cooldowns.

If a melee CC's you at least he put himself at risk coming up there to you (unless you're alone)... But a ranged can just CC (or even AoE CC) without being at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    most of them already do, at least for roots/snares.

the better solution would be removing (or disabling in pvp) most of the CC in the game.
    stunning/rooting melee mid-charge should totally be a thing, but it shouldn't be such a cheap thing.
    Like I posted before. Remove all CC's and anti-CC's on all ranged souls. No idea why they even need that many when they pew pew from the back of their zergs between the legs of their healers all the time. Pyro, Inq and MMs have the most CCs while being the top DPS specs ingame and are ranged. But I can see why Tr!no won't fix this since their best paying customers already are carved into these specs since they can't play anything else without sucking badly.

Elude and other jump backs should make you immune to roots during their animation too

It's a feature
    Last edited by Xclvsive; 03-03-2016 at 11:25 AM.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

+ Reply to Thread