+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Greaters.

Default Greaters.

I would like to see a greater drop someday in a wf... ( I know you laeti are probably going to respond to this and say i just have bad luck, and i do!)

I was starting to believe they do not even exist but then saw a player with 2.

I understand trion wants these to be rare, but rare and practically non existant are 2 diff things.

What does a playya have to do to get an AP healing/dps greater around here >.<
    Last edited by PrincessToxic; 02-08-2016 at 05:35 AM.

Shadowlander

Probably the same kind of thing you have to do to get a main stat heavy ap/cp trinket

Rift Chaser

Greaters I have in abundance. Trinkets not so much.

I only just yesterday got a core fragment out of a box.

Endurance heavy with phys crit...
    Pakolu, The Squirrel.
    <Old Farts>, Wolvesbane (I refuse to spell it wrong.)

i am not lucky there either, im still use the core fragment dps trinket from NTE.

I have a t1 heal trinket and im healing as a main spec in t3. :/

Quote Originally Posted by KillerTomato View Post
    Probably the same kind of thing you have to do to get a main stat heavy ap/cp trinket
    you have to be honest with developers of this game and say - dear Developers,this gearing system sucks for pvp. instead of sucks you can use a longer explanation,but its sums it up pretty good.

I typically have horrendous luck (27 weeks straight on Anrak without the warrior or rogue trinket dropping) but for pvp greaters I've been fairly lucky. Part way through T2, I went and broke down every pvp piece I had (really stupid) so when the new tier came out, I was starting over. Now, I currently have 5 dex heavy healing greaters in my possession, 3 healing, and 1 dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I typically have horrendous luck (27 weeks straight on Anrak without the warrior or rogue trinket dropping) but for pvp greaters I've been fairly lucky. Part way through T2, I went and broke down every pvp piece I had (really stupid) so when the new tier came out, I was starting over. Now, I currently have 5 dex heavy healing greaters in my possession, 3 healing, and 1 dps.
    yeah...so before i knew about warmonger,I had a pvp dex heavy AP cape and I runebroke it when i got the CP cape in igp. At that time I was not doing heals as a main spec. OH and I have only seen 1 rogue trinket drop in IGP- the single target heals one. I have it.

Now i am spamming wfs to try and get it back but its the SAME **** that keeps dropping, gloves/boots/rings/1 plat.

Lesson learned-put all gear in bank until a year has gone by and you still dont need it.
    Last edited by PrincessToxic; 02-08-2016 at 07:20 AM.

How many characters do you actively pvp with at 65? Do you pvp between multiple (the ones listed in thread) or just a single one?

I play between 3 different characters right now and the rarest drop to me has been belt followed by rings.

I guess I'm also just lucky though because 3 characters have DPS and healing trinkets (Primalist has 4 now I think), a ****load of greaters, and all have BIS capes. Even my Mage that I rarely PVP on has a few Rotward greaters. -shrug-

The large loot table for it to does suck but you either keep going for wins or eventually save/farm plat to buy an open world greater. OR wait for the Mech vaults and get yours that way.

All I get from drops is lots of useless rings, capes and all other gear pieces. After hundreds of boxes and not a single DPS trinket has dropped :/ Currently using a crafted one, oh well. I've got like 2-4 healing ones for my lib though.
    Last edited by Xibitz; 02-08-2016 at 11:10 AM.
    Azteck@Deepwod
    <Orden del Temple>

Ascendant

Greaters ain't so bad, dps trinkets are the really rare ones.

I'm kind of a stat geek ( or freak ) so I recorded a lot of games at some point...
    Out of about 800 wins, I got 13 greaters, including 8 DPS ones. So it's probably 1 or 2% per box for a greater, and maybe 0.5% to 1% for a DPS greater.

During the same 800 wins, I got ONE dps trinket out of 5 total (and because the RNG gods hate me, I got it on a character I mostly heal with).

I ... I don't even want to know what the odds are on this one.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 02-08-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Greaters ain't so bad, dps trinkets are the really rare ones.

I'm kind of a stat geek ( or freak ) so I recorded a lot of games at some point...
    Out of about 800 wins, I got 13 greaters, including 8 DPS ones. So it's probably 1 or 2% per box for a greater, and maybe 0.5% to 1% for a DPS greater.

During the same 800 wins, I got ONE dps trinket out of 5 total (and because the RNG gods hate me, I got it on a character I mostly heal with).

I ... I don't even want to know what the odds are on this one.
    Here's an insane idea. Craft a trinket.

I got 5-6 Greaters in over 1000/600 warfronts/wins, so a drop rate of about 1%, I saved every single Essence that ever dropped(since 3.0) from a warfront and have about 30 in total.

And I think I got something like 4 Trinkets, 1 heal, 1 dps, 2 tank - so a drop of ~ 0.5%(a Trinket), ~0.15%(a specific Trinket)
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 02-08-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Here's an insane idea. Craft a trinket.

I'm using crafted trinkets at the moment, but unless they are made better than the PVP BiS, I don't see how it's of any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    I play between 3 different characters right now and the rarest drop to me has been belt followed by rings.
    A hardcore PvPer like you with hundreds/thousands of wins will get something sooner or later, but a casual has statistically 0 chance of getting what he wants out of warfront chests.

I think I was at about 500 wins when I had everything I wanted, but that could have been just moderate luck.
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 02-08-2016 at 01:44 PM.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnisina View Post
    A hardcore PvPer like you with hundreds/thousands of wins will get something sooner or later, but a casual has statistically 0 chance of getting what he wants out of warfront chests.

I think I was at about 500 wins when I had everything I wanted, but that could have been just moderate luck.
    I can disprove your first sentence by showing you the W/L for 6 characters @ 65 .

Edit: I currently pvp (or have) Cleric, Warrior, Primalist, and a new alt. My Primalist was kind of my benchmark for the gear I got as a brand new character w/ fresh elo. I can tell you right now the rarest drops were belt then rings.

http://i.imgur.com/6S82zYF.jpg - That's from 11/07, don't think I have a current W/L from that period but I can tell you it's not thousands of wins.
    Last edited by Riane; 02-08-2016 at 01:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast