+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Take a look at primalist healing in PVP

Default Take a look at primalist healing in PVP

I know I am going to be trolled. Just wanted to ask devs to take a look at primalist healing in PVP. It is a little overpowered IMO. Thank you. 10k burst 6.6k sustained over a 45s span. Never below maybe 40%. In before yes PVP parses are different than PVE I know its a short parse
    **** it dude. Lets go bowling

I've maintained 9k hps with no Synergy Crystal over a ~5 minute parse. There's nothing wrong with Preserver's healing.

And a 45s parse is nothing. It shows that you had people taking burst damage to top them up. Hell, I've got a random lame 21s parse where I hit 16k cos someone was getting rekt (plus Deer Cultivatex10)
    Last edited by Riane; 02-07-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Sword of Telara

Preserver also doesn't seem to do a significant amount of shielding. Phys/puri seem to do a whole lot more.
    Last edited by Foolio; 02-07-2016 at 04:42 PM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

What cupcakey said, and foolio.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 02-07-2016 at 05:01 PM. Reason: and foolio

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Baalthorne View Post
    I know I am going to be trolled. Just wanted to ask devs to take a look at primalist healing in PVP. It is a little overpowered IMO. Thank you. 10k burst 6.6k sustained over a 45s span. Never below maybe 40%. In before yes PVP parses are different than PVE I know its a short parse
    That doesn't seem exceptional, unless you are accomplishing this in terrible gear. It certainly does not surpass the damage I have seen some of the better DPS do recently.

6.6k sustained!?

http://imgur.com/a/TnNeN
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Preserver is squishy, lack defensive CDs beside a flicker, as a ramp up time to its healing, as a complete lack of splash healing, unreliable shielding capabilities compared to phys and puri...

Preserver is probably the worse healer right now. Yeah even chloro is better if they have a cross healer with them.
    Preserver cant do **** once their 45s cd is down.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    6.6k sustained!?

http://imgur.com/a/TnNeN
    You literally added nothing to this thread whatsoever. Preserver doesn't play at all the same as Sentinel nor can you cheese a large chunk of your healing with DF swapping. The only advantage it has over anything is the lack of reliance on a Resource.

Edit: Maybe one day you'll try out healing on another class or you know, something not Sentinel. Play Defiler instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    Preserver is squishy, lack defensive CDs beside a flicker, as a ramp up time to its healing, as a complete lack of splash healing, unreliable shielding capabilities compared to phys and puri...

Preserver is probably the worse healer right now. Yeah even chloro is better if they have a cross healer with them.
    Preserver cant do **** once their 45s cd is down.
    That.. is so wrong.

- You don't really have a ramp up time at all.
    -- 1 tick of Nurture = 5 Blossoms
    -- Deluge = 5 instant blossoms
    -- After that, all you need to manage to your Font + Cultivate procs to get majority of your healing done.
    - Splash healing? Conservation is huge and passive.
    - Using your Deer Avatar to benefit your group => 10x Cultivate w/ 10x Germinate up.
    Last edited by Riane; 02-08-2016 at 03:34 PM.

To be honest, there aren't really enough good Primalist healers in warfronts to consider a nerf. At least that's how I see it. I don't see them as completely changing pvp to the point where an adjustment is needed. Well aside from heal stacking, but that's an issue with healing as a whole rather than just preserver.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    - You don't really have a ramp up time at all.
    -- 1 tick of Nurture = 5 Blossoms
    -- Deluge = 5 instant blossoms
    -- After that, all you need to manage to your Font + Cultivate procs to get majority of your healing done.
    - Splash healing? Conservation is huge and passive.
    - Using your Deer Avatar to benefit your group => 10x Cultivate w/ 10x Germinate up.
    It's 5 ticks of nurture for 5 blossoms.
    Deluge has a CD.
    Conservation is only on overhealing and if you are spending time on overhealing, you are doing squat ****.
    Deer Avatar... Don't even get me started with how that ability doesn't fit at all for PvP.

It's 5 ticks of nurture for 5 blossoms.
    Deluge has a CD.
    Conservation is only on overhealing and if you are spending time on overhealing, you are doing squat ****.
    Deer Avatar... Don't even get me started with how that ability doesn't fit at all for PvP.
    Sorry, I meant to write "one full channel" of Nurture (especially when you compare Purifier's Ward of Flame only giving 3 stacks of Blessing of Flame--granted the ability granted are different, you have to see how advantageous this is). Either way, I completely disagree with your comment that it's the worst healing in the game.

Preserver is extremely powerful when you know how to properly play it. Nor is it even squishy. But again, I say this having come from playing Defiler where the number of people that know how to play it well are me and one other person. And this references all of SL and NMT.

Preserver plays very similar to Defiler except there is a lot more tools available and no resource to worry about.

Preserver is amazing. That is all.
    Last edited by Riane; 02-08-2016 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    there is a lot more tools available
    What the actual ...

Yeah. A completely gutted tree with a grand total of 17 abilities has a "lot" more tools available than other healers.
    Preserver is stupid easy to play. No resource to worry about, over simplified abilities, no use of the primalist fury/cunning mechanic for anything relevant...
    Last edited by Fopod; 02-08-2016 at 04:25 PM.

What the actual ...

Yeah. A completely gutted tree with a grand total of 17 abilities has a "lot" more tools available than other healers.
    Have you ever played Defiler in PVP before?

Excluding link swapping, let me write this out for you:

Explosive Growth > Ghastly Restoration
    Explosive Growth > Loathsome Restoration

If you want to get really smart with it:
    Explosive Growth on a couple targets > Feedback

That's how you heal in WFs as Defiler. In between managing your mana with Empowered Afflication and minute link swapping. Or rebuffing if you get purged.

You also have to learn to NOT keep up Chimera's Gift because it needs to be used as a cooldown along with Unstable Transformation.

So yeah, Preserver has a lot more tools and utility than Defiler. The playstyle is similar and I will always pick Preserver before Defiler.

This isn't about defiler.
    Preserver isn't about passive mitigation with a god mode button.
    It is comparable to sentinel and physician, not defiler.

Both Sentinel and Physician have several RELIABLE CDs and reliable big heals like massive therapy, crucial invocation, etc.
    Last edited by Fopod; 02-08-2016 at 04:37 PM.

This isn't about defiler.
    Preserver isn't about passive mitigation with a god mode button.
    It is comparable to sentinel and physician, not defiler.

Both Sentinel and Physician have several RELIABLE CDs and reliable big heals like massive therapy, crucial invocation, etc.
    I'm not sure what you're so angry about in your posts or at least how you've written it comes off as such.

That being said: My reply contained Defiler because you made the snide comment reply to something I said about Preserver having a lot more tools [than Defiler].

Preserver is fine and since you disagree with it, if have an NA toon then you need to duo queue with me and I can show you how it is absolutely amazing in WFs and not at all the "worst healer" out of the bunch available.

I would also encourage you to reread my post where I said that Preserver plays like Defiler. Notate the words I emphasized in bold.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast