+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Tempest is absurdly weak

Default Tempest is absurdly weak

On top of the already low damage, Tempest has little CC compared to the top ST ranged specs of other callings. A single AOE stun with travel time is really weak.

Please consider removing or greatly reducing the PvP reduction on Charged Pulse/Double Pulse. A 15 second CD ability - the main component of Tempest's burst, shouldn't hit like a wet noodle. A Tempest with optimal gear shouldn't barely do as much as a Marksman during Wavelength.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-06-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Wouldn't that make the meta even more in favor of ranged?

Telaran

u sure it might not be ur gear or build ? idk ive been killed in seconds by tempests before i consider them quite strong imo.. and im pretty much almost fully tier 2 geared atm 2 tier 1 pieces left to get rid of. Maybe tempest just relies on wavelength too much to get out the full burst while other souls yea.. they can burst anytime they like so maybe i can see tempest being behind a bit when wavelength is down.

Telaran

I wouldn't say it is absurdly weak. Comparatively weak to Mm, Pyro, and inq, yes. But not horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    On top of the already low damage, Tempest has little CC compared to the top ST ranged specs of other callings. A single AOE stun with travel time is really weak.

Please consider removing or greatly reducing the PvP reduction on Charged Pulse/Double Pulse. A 15 second CD ability - the main component of Tempest's burst, shouldn't hit like a wet noodle. A Tempest with optimal gear shouldn't barely do as much as a Marksman during Wavelength.
    Reaver is the solution my friend!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Sahtiar the Green Knight - Khalim'na
    ------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Sahtiaro View Post
    Reaver is the solution my friend!
    Reaver not that strong any more lol it's a joke now.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBladex View Post
    u sure it might not be ur gear or build ? idk ive been killed in seconds by tempests before i consider them quite strong imo.. and im pretty much almost fully tier 2 geared atm 2 tier 1 pieces left to get rid of. Maybe tempest just relies on wavelength too much to get out the full burst while other souls yea.. they can burst anytime they like so maybe i can see tempest being behind a bit when wavelength is down.
    I'm one of the best geared warriors in NA, and I'm just one greater short of a BiS PvP set. I can kill players in seconds but that's mostly because of good setup, slow healers or gear differences. Compared to pyro, marksman or inquisitor, Tempest is trash.

Wavelength is very weak compared to other one minute cooldowns. The 50% reduction has turned the strongest PvE Tempest ability into a sock filled with jello.

Quote Originally Posted by Hp1harry View Post
    I wouldn't say it is absurdly weak. Comparatively weak to Mm, Pyro, and inq, yes. But not horrible.
    Warrior has no strong 61 ranged soul. Reaver is like a weaker variant of Vulcanist with more DoTs , two easily countered bursts instead of one, and AOE. Tempest hits about as hard as ranger or elementalist.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-06-2016 at 05:02 PM.

At the very least, getting rid of the 50% damage reduction of charged pulse and double pulse in PvP should be considered. Every other class in the game has a really good melee and ranged spec in PvP atm.
    Azteck@Deepwod
    <Orden del Temple>

don't unnerf tempest ..... the last thing you want is more range spec in PvP.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    Reaver not that strong any more lol it's a joke now.
    Your lack of understanding the power of reaver is disturbing 8). Reaver if played correctly with practice will out burst tempest 100% of the time.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Baabadook@Hailol

Quote Originally Posted by abdullax View Post
    Your lack of understanding the power of reaver is disturbing 8). Reaver if played correctly with practice will out burst tempest 100% of the time.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Baabadook@Hailol
    *sterilizes ur shadow of dread, watches ur viral stream hit like wet noodle*
    C:

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Peachezz View Post
    *sterilizes ur shadow of dread, watches ur viral stream hit like wet noodle*
    C:
    Your lack of the understanding is even more disturbing. Ive never run 61 reaver in pvp. Its weak and viral stream is a crutch. Ive always run my own hybrid spec no one else runs.

Baabdook@Hailol

To be fair running Reaver is more useful than Tempest atm although I've seen very few players be good with it in PvP, you don't see a whole lot of them running around with it.
    Azteck@Deepwod
    <Orden del Temple>

Quote Originally Posted by abdullax View Post
    Your lack of the understanding is even more disturbing. Ive never run 61 reaver in pvp. Its weak and viral stream is a crutch. Ive always run my own hybrid spec no one else runs.

Baabdook@Hailol
    I've only ever seen u run paragon, I'm curious as to what this op reaver spec is.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Peachezz View Post
    I've only ever seen u run paragon, I'm curious as to what this op reaver spec is.
    It's 61 paragon 15 paladin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast