+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: new patron changes and pvp

Default new patron changes and pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post

In addition to these new bonuses, the following convenience perks are now exclusive to our Patrons:
    - stacking charges for Dungeons, Warfonts, and Instant Adventures
    - accumulating rest experience
    - queuing for specific Warfronts and Dungeons[/b]
    For instance, instead of spending all their charges on a single day of the week, a non-Patron will need to log in each day to get the benefits of their charges. This increases the average number of people participating in any given activity every day of the week, meaning shorter queue times and more people to play with. Similarly, by placing more people in random queues, queue times as a whole will shorten as the system has more players to work with in order to make appropriate teams.
    first off, I'm not against more people paying for Rift. happy to see freebies given more incentive to throw their money, or in the case of REX, other peoples money, at Rift.

but we're all going to need to prepare ourselves for the potatcalypse

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Or just get patron.

It's really the only thing worth buying from them honestly. It is a good deal comparatively.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-04-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Is not worst then starwars but EA making a killing on there type f2p model. Rift open and free over a 2 years and it's no where close making what EA pulling with starwars.

PvP as I not been not doing it so much after Reaver nerf, People hated Reaver I hate playing pargon all the time as it's only spec that is the best shape in pvp even being melee.

I don't have much hope for a pvp fix due to raiding balance take place more then pvp some souls way to over the top and other souls not only warrior doing pretty bad not used at all much.
    Last edited by Zaber; 02-04-2016 at 07:22 PM.

If people are willingly flocking to PvP then no reward is going to be your magic wand. If nobody is flocking to it, it's stale.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    Is not worst then starwars but EA making a killing on there type f2p model. Rift open and free over a 2 years and it's no where close making what EA pulling with starwars.

PvP as I not been not doing it so much after Reaver nerf, People hated Reaver I hate playing pargon all the time as it's only spec that is the best shape in pvp even being melee.

I don't have much hope for a pvp fix due to raiding balance take place more then pvp some souls way to over the top and other souls not only warrior doing pretty bad not used at all much.
    when did google translate hire the QA guys from rift ?

The sad thing is its obvious at this point that far more F2Pers will just quit as opposed to seeking Patron status, as most players who truly enjoy and/or spend a lot of time in Rift already have secured patronage- and there is no shortage of F2P games for those who have limited funds.

Less players means longer queues.

Less F2Pers means less kill streaks for the remaining patrons.

Face it- if you thought CQ was dead now, just wait for a month or two.

But then again, its possible that the average PVPer level of skill and/or coordination will rise accordingly for those who remain, so maybe quality will replace quantity- who knows?

Sword of Telara

this game is already dying as it is, do they really need to put in something like that to make it any worse off then it is????

Wow putting specific queue behind paywall making f2p people hate pvp more and struggle to finish guns. People aren't going to pay for convenience they have had for years they will just move on. If you want more people playing and paying you add new perks not move basic features behind pay wall.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Wow putting specific queue behind paywall making f2p people hate pvp more and struggle to finish guns. People aren't going to pay for convenience they have had for years they will just move on. If you want more people playing and paying you add new perks not move basic features behind pay wall.
    i stopped being a Patron a long time ago whats the point really?an extra wf charge and extra flavor that was almost useless until warmonger weapons came out.

the problem is there is just not the right kind of people in wfs= pvpers.now they are telling us we cant specific queue to finish our weekly's?wtf is that?they want me to pay to play pvp in this game? =lmfao.so i have to pay the same amount of $ as a raider but earn 2nd rate gear slower,again =lmfao.

i was going to buy some credits yesterday to buy some rune removers and the like but i told myself dont waste your $ when your not happy with the service your paying for.seeing the changes today reinforces that fact and it screws over pvp even more.players are going to just sit afk even more then they do when they are in random wfs that are not counting for the weekly!
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    The sad thing is its obvious at this point that far more F2Pers will just quit as opposed to seeking Patron status, as most players who truly enjoy and/or spend a lot of time in Rift already have secured patronage- and there is no shortage of F2P games for those who have limited funds.

Less players means longer queues.

Less F2Pers means less kill streaks for the remaining patrons.

Face it- if you thought CQ was dead now, just wait for a month or two.

But then again, its possible that the average PVPer level of skill and/or coordination will rise accordingly for those who remain, so maybe quality will replace quantity- who knows?
    think about a free to play player hitting random q's trying to finish wf weeklys.what do you think they are going to do if they keep getting port or BG when they need DEX and stepps? they will sit afk more then they already do!log in and q for a few wfs and you will see what i mean,once every 10 wfs or so you get a good one. outside of that the few handfuls of "good players" that are left are stuck on bad teams having to carry them,top damage or heals,capping flags or marking healers ect. almost everyone i knew and played with is gone even just cause is left with a handful of players.

i **** you not i recorded 4 or 5 wfs yesterday that were so bad and players stats damage/healing were so low they had to be afk. i was going to post them but decided against it because i thought that powers that be would get pissed off.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Plane Walker

Are they honestly taking away wf choice from non patrons? Really?
    it really feels like they are trying to kill the game.
    Sklub Captainblood Opezmode Dpsclericlol Coad

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    yes they want to remove wf choice from non patrons after all this time.the sad part is it just ****s on pvp even more.so the devs want me to sub,sure ok i get that but what do i get for my $?well i get 2nd rate pvp gear at a slower rate then a raider gets bis gear,it does not take a brilliant person to figure out the flaw.

really one could pay 20$ and buy the current wow xp and use in game gold to pay for playing time,just like rift,the catch is in wow pvp gear is bis.

whats next?maybe only patrons can max out rep?
    Last edited by butkus; 02-05-2016 at 11:12 AM.
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

I am not a Patron, but I do spend money now and then, but if what you are saying is true, I am quitting, because PvP is all that interests me in this game(as bad as it now is).
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    They did not quite get it right with 3.0(the game killing part), so they are putting the final nail in the coffin now.
    Last edited by Ninnisina; 02-05-2016 at 11:29 AM.
    If you are not bleeding then you are not trying hard enough

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    so i have to pay the same amount of $ as a raider but earn 2nd rate gear slower,again =lmfao.
    This is what I hate the most, always hated the most, to be honest.
    I do next to nothing in Rift beside PVP, so I don't really care about these changes (personally, at least) because I'm usually done with my weeklies 2-3 days after the reset...

But if they want PVP to be 'serious business' now with 'pay for stacking charges' and 'pay for specific queues', GIVE US SERIOUS GEAR TO GO ALONG WITH IT.

Putting paywalls and unneeded complexification in a system that did not need any fix...
    Then give us something for it, something that a lot of PVP'ers have been asked for a while : PVP gear being BIS in PVP.

I don't care how bad it is in PVE, I don't care if it deals 0 damage in PVE, I don't care if I have to carry a full set of PVE gear on me to deal with PVE stuff sometime, but the players who plays/win more PVP should be the top geared ones for PVP. Not the ones who farm pve ****.

If you're gonna make everything more difficult for PVP'ers give us something to justify it. Give us BIS pvp gear.

Don't make us go through hell and back for ****ty sub-par gear where you have to farm favors for months before being able to say "Yay! my character finally ALMOST as strong as a PVe'er!" - but you're fully geared/upgraded so you'll never improve gear anymore and will always just stay "almost as strong" as someone who raids, regardless of how much PVP he actually plays.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 02-05-2016 at 12:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast