+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Remove Phantom blades and Grasp the horizon

Default Remove Phantom blades and Grasp the horizon

Paragon and Harbinger are melee specs, not 50/50. Melee specs should not be able to be ranged for 50% of the time.

Logic.

Ranged specs already exist for both the mage and warrior callings- so thus a precedent has been set.

Nothing wrong with a 50/50 spec- aside from the obvious disadvantage that they're limited to melee for some periods of time.

Logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Paragon and Harbinger are melee specs, not 50/50. Melee specs should not be able to be ranged for 50% of the time.

Logic.

nerf melee buff ranged!
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Rift Disciple

Logic.
    Just no.
    /10

You have to ask yourself the question: Why is a melee soul using ranged buffers in a melee spec? Is it perhaps because the ranged meta is too overwhelming in WFs right now that melee is forced out nonstop?

You know what needs to have PVP reductions? Ranged classes. Ranged needs to die so melee can be more viable without having to rely on abilities like Phantom Blades and Grasping the Horizon.

So people like you can't just play Vulcanist and sit behind the frontlines without little to no pressure on you. Outside of an interrupt on EB, random purges, and the occasional deb/cc spam (that isn't as bad as melee since they're tab target fodder.)
    Last edited by Riane; 02-04-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    nerf melee buff ranged!
    I know, right!

Because when a Ranged player kills me, I die but at least it wasn't up close and personal.
    When a Melee player kills me, I die and my feelings get hurt.....

If they could make melee more viable, I would agree with OP. Personally, I'm glad shaman doesn't have an ability that allows its best burst from range. Ranged is way too boring. What they need is a melee healer, basically a healer that has overall less to work with than the ranged heals, and can only cast its best heals while in melee range, lol.
    Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you.

Logic.
    k
    Now give me two more charges/ports in Paragon, an in soul pull, and higher mitigation against all ranged

Maybe hes joking? Melee has a hard enough time as it is. melee is not for the casual "lazy" player that likes to sit still at range.I say buff melee myself. With 20% damage reduction for incoming RANGED damage of any type. Thanks!

Btw, I also play MM quite a bit in WFs and see the fallacy with going melee for alot of the wfs atm. Takes a really skilled player or pocket healer to be half way viable for melee in wfs.
    Last edited by Croix01; 02-04-2016 at 10:33 AM.
    Niriena, Kearlet, Smilely, Rium

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    k
    Now give me two more charges/ports in Paragon, an in soul pull, and higher mitigation against all ranged
    I hate to pull an Ecru here but Paragon is fine with the utility it has and can spec into Warlord and/or Tempest without losing compared to say.. Shaman specing 11 into Cabalist for a port.
    • Tranquility 15s @ 15s
    • Death Touch 15s @ 8s
    • Thread the Trees 15s
    • Elude 60s
    • 3% dmg reduction from Difficult Target if you want
    • Into the Breach
    • Way of the Mountain
    • Eye of the Storm (ogcd, not cleansable)
    • Sergeant's Order (ogcd, 0pt investment)

Before Warlord's nerf to Piercing Thrust, 51/25 was deadly AND tanky in PVP. Don't need that happening all over again when Paragon is insanely FINE albeit overlooking the ranged cc meta of pvp.

Players that can play Paragon well will always shine with it.
    Last edited by Riane; 02-04-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Don't worry. Red Hawk's bat phone is probably already going off the moment you, a ranged class, died that one time.

3.6 All of clerics abilities now mimic grasp the horizon and crit all the time.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 02-04-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Ascendant

The fact that just about all 'melee' specs people play in warfronts can have like a 25-50% ranged upkeep time, speaks a lot about the current state of melee.
    Or some trolly stuff like Assassin permastealth etc...

And they all need some INSANE burst to be viable.

While ranged specs often consist of "It can deal damage. It can shoot at range" and that's good enough. (They have burst as well, because pvp, but you get the point).

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post

And they all need some INSANE burst to be viable.
    Exactly! Melee have to spend at least 1 gcd to either pull OR teleport (whatever) to ONE TARGET! Stealth is situational and works every so often when compared to ranged that has EVERY TARGET within range at the touch of their fingertips with simple target swap in a second when target priority changes. Oh you lose your dots or buffs with target swapping, but hey! At least you don't have to chase the next target down because your pull or whatever is on cd!

There is no question that melee need a damage buff across the board. If not for raids, then at least SOMETHING for any form of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Croix01 View Post
    Exactly! Melee have to spend at least 1 gcd to either pull OR teleport (whatever) to ONE TARGET! Stealth is situational and works every so often when compared to ranged that has EVERY TARGET within range at the touch of their fingertips with simple target swap in a second when target priority changes. Oh you lose your dots or buffs with target swapping, but hey! At least you don't have to chase the next target down because your pull or whatever is on cd!

There is no question that melee need a damage buff across the board. If not for raids, then at least SOMETHING for any form of PvP.
    A. I wasn't aware they placed Sergeant's Order on the global cooldown, I must have missed it. /s
    B. Buff melee damage?? That is literally the only thing melee souls don't have an issue with in PvP, and the top dps soul for every calling in PvE is melee.

Do you even rift?
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    A. I wasn't aware they placed Sergeant's Order on the global cooldown, I must have missed it. /s
    B. Buff melee damage?? That is literally the only thing melee souls don't have an issue with in PvP, and the top dps soul for every calling in PvE is melee.

Do you even rift?
    The point I'm trying to make is how simple it is for ranged to out perform melee. If ranged enjoys the convenience of target swapping, then why not let melee have ranged damage reduction? Yeah, melee have some ranged attacks but not anything like most ranged specs in a second after target priority changes or dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Croix01 View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is how simple it is for ranged to out perform melee. If ranged enjoys the convenience of target swapping, then why not let melee have ranged damage reduction? Yeah, melee have some ranged attacks but not anything like most ranged specs in a second after target priority changes or dies.
    The real problem is that people can't play anything other than ranged specs because they... wait for it... suck.

Melee specs > Ranged specs in many scenarios. But because the vast majority of DPSers are ranged, there is no frontline and people act like a bunch of wuss or without any regards to their healers well being or placement.
    Last edited by Fopod; 02-04-2016 at 03:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast